themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Afterbirthmilkshake on February 25, 2011, 10:08:10 PM

Title: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on February 25, 2011, 10:08:10 PM
Between midnight releases, far away shows, limited edition merch, and the usual Melvins fun, I'm sure that we have all told a lie or two in order to get time off of work to support our melvins habbit.  Lets share some stories about sticking it to the man in the name of rock and roll. 

Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: anaconda on February 25, 2011, 10:33:26 PM
I used a personal day to see them at the Opera House. When I filled out
the form I put "seeing my dying Grandma who's undergoing chemotherapy"
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on February 25, 2011, 11:33:35 PM
I always say that my parents are landing at the airport and I promised to pick them up.  They had me drive them because they hate the traffic.  It sucks because I'm busy and I gotta work and they don't understand.  They will probably make me go to dinner with them afterwards.  Its gonna fuck up the whole day.  I'm completly pissed.  I wish I could just work and you could pick them up.    ......and then I go see the Melvins
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on February 25, 2011, 11:42:13 PM
Quote from: anaconda on February 25, 2011, 10:33:26 PM
I used a personal day to see them at the Opera House. When I filled out
the form I put "seeing my dying Grandma who's undergoing chemotherapy"

Thanks for sharing ANACONDA.  You're really beginning to come out of your shell.  You're becomming more involved in the group and sharing some great personal disclosures.  I'm proud of how much you've grown since we first started. 
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on February 26, 2011, 12:02:12 AM
Rollins Band - Liar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaysTVcounI#ws)
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: jules on February 26, 2011, 03:47:35 AM
I was in Cardiff to see the Melvins and had to be back at work the next day which would have been impossible. Just a simple, "I have a cold" was all it took. Got paid, too.

(Incidentally, I discovered this week that the Operations Director checks Facebook to see if people who have booked a sickie are telling the truth. Look out, kids, everybody's watching.)
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on February 26, 2011, 08:23:51 AM
Quote from: anaconda on February 25, 2011, 10:33:26 PM
I used a personal day to see them at the Opera House. When I filled out
the form I put "seeing my dying Grandma who's undergoing chemotherapy"

:lol:  you're so bad  :lol:

I'd kick my boss in the nut's before I'd miss a show.  :D
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: FiLtHcAkE on February 26, 2011, 10:46:33 AM
I have used "Day Surgery" as an excuse even though they were literally playing 5 minutes from me @ the time. The next day after a show is what really hurts!
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: jules on February 26, 2011, 02:42:45 PM
Shall we have a competition? The most ludicrous excuse given to one's employers for not being at work to see the Melvins. Competition ends 31 December 2011. No cheating. Genuine photocopy of the sick form posted here. NO CHEATING. A decent Melvins-related prize for the winner. Well?
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: bonzo on February 26, 2011, 07:41:27 PM
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh8xt109jI1qzdf0go1_500.png)
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: Jaron on February 26, 2011, 11:46:30 PM
No one said they were on their way to seen their friend, Melvin?
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on February 27, 2011, 06:57:09 PM
Quote from: jules on February 26, 2011, 02:42:45 PM
Shall we have a competition? The most ludicrous excuse given to one's employers for not being at work to see the Melvins. Competition ends 31 December 2011. No cheating. Genuine photocopy of the sick form posted here. NO CHEATING. A decent Melvins-related prize for the winner. Well?

  I like this idea.  I just need the Melvins to hit the midwest so I can show off my awsome lie!!

how will we get a decent prize?? 
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: jules on February 28, 2011, 02:50:04 AM
Quote from: Afterbirthmilkshake on February 27, 2011, 06:57:09 PM
Quote from: jules on February 26, 2011, 02:42:45 PM
Shall we have a competition? The most ludicrous excuse given to one's employers for not being at work to see the Melvins. Competition ends 31 December 2011. No cheating. Genuine photocopy of the sick form posted here. NO CHEATING. A decent Melvins-related prize for the winner. Well?

  I like this idea.  I just need the Melvins to hit the midwest so I can show off my awsome lie!!

how will we get a decent prize?? 
I'll donate.
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: spunkmonkey on February 28, 2011, 04:36:07 PM
sadly, I've never had to lie to work to see a Melvins show.

QuoteGenuine photocopy of the sick form posted here

Do people really have to fill something like this out if they miss work?  I just have to call and let my boss know I'm sick/hurt and won't be coming in that day.
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: jules on February 28, 2011, 04:44:35 PM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on February 28, 2011, 04:36:07 PM
sadly, I've never had to lie to work to see a Melvins show.

QuoteGenuine photocopy of the sick form posted here

Do people really have to fill something like this out if they miss work?  I just have to call and let my boss know I'm sick/hurt and won't be coming in that day.
I do. After I return to work there's a form to fill in. I'm guaranteed to be paid for 4 days sick every year, though. After that it's at the manager's discretion.
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on March 02, 2011, 11:07:08 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on February 28, 2011, 04:36:07 PM
sadly, I've never had to lie to work to see a Melvins show.

QuoteGenuine photocopy of the sick form posted here

Do people really have to fill something like this out if they miss work?  I just have to call and let my boss know I'm sick/hurt and won't be coming in that day.

good point. (An audio recording would be funny.)    We should also require a copy of the ticket stub. 
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: jules on March 02, 2011, 01:53:32 PM
Quote from: Afterbirthmilkshake on March 02, 2011, 11:07:08 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on February 28, 2011, 04:36:07 PM
sadly, I've never had to lie to work to see a Melvins show.

QuoteGenuine photocopy of the sick form posted here

Do people really have to fill something like this out if they miss work?  I just have to call and let my boss know I'm sick/hurt and won't be coming in that day.

good point. (An audio recording would be funny.)    We should also require a copy of the ticket stub.  
Definitely.  :D Bonus points awarded to people who were docked money as a result (a photocopy of their wage slip would be necessary)
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on March 04, 2011, 02:16:11 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on February 28, 2011, 04:36:07 PM
sadly, I've never had to lie to work to see a Melvins show.

QuoteGenuine photocopy of the sick form posted here

Do people really have to fill something like this out if they miss work?  I just have to call and let my boss know I'm sick/hurt and won't be coming in that day.

You don't have to lie spunkmonkey...you GET to!
Title: Re: Lies I told my boss......to get time off for the Melvins
Post by: Schnabster on March 04, 2011, 03:13:09 AM
Schnab called in sick tuesday, some years ago, took the plane to London, together with wifey, saw Melvins live at Koko wednesday, went back again thursday and back am arbeid fresh as fiddle. Some nervous moment at airport too and from London, in case anyone who knew me and some of my colleagues, perhaps also my boss, was there at the airport, other than that I had 3 superb days in proud London.