themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: (((O))) on March 12, 2011, 02:44:00 PM

Poll
Question: Which is your favourite?
Option 1: Black with a table cloth on the bottom 2001 votes: 2
Option 2: Pink hearts with a white cross 2002 votes: 7
Option 3: The F & U ones 2003 votes: 19
Option 4: Camouflage 2005 votes: 1
Option 5: Black with a skull and insects 2007 votes: 4
Option 6: Colourful ponies 2010 votes: 6
Option 7: Black with a star 2009 votes: 5
Option 8: Black with red cross 2002 votes: 5
Option 9: Black with medical symbols 2010 votes: 1
Title: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: (((O))) on March 12, 2011, 02:44:00 PM
Hey im obsessed by mumu's!!! Here are the contenders for greatest ever Melvins mumu!

Melvins - Ballad of dwight fry / Halo of flies- live Karlsruhe 2001 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOh6MttONpM#)
MELVINS - Queen (Live in Baltimore, 2002) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1KWLQmZ5RI#)
MELVINS - Tipping the Lion (House of Blues 2003) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8_4FRYWU1g#)
Melvins - 3. amazon/AMAZON [Belfort - Eurockeennes 2003] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlKs5_gABsI#)
Melvins play Houdini Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdjS5YLpBjc#)
Melvins - Talking Horse / Bloated Pope - live Frankfurt 2007 HD Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpWhNwfd4qw#ws)
Melvins- Mr. D.N.A ( Devo cover). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnsyfNmtQY0#)
Melvins - "Roman Bird Dog" Live 6/2/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5xa9C7Bc5I#ws)
MELVINS-IN FULL COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (AM-REP 25th ANNIVERSARY BASH!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7uN1mVwv9M#ws)

I think i like the black 2007 one myself. I wonder if they do mail order?  :-k :-k
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: jules on March 12, 2011, 03:05:41 PM
I'm surprised some Malaysian or Indonesian t-shirt company hasn't already ripped them off.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: MrLuck87 on March 12, 2011, 03:24:20 PM
My favorite was probably the pentagram one he wore in the 2009 opening for down.  FU is a close 2nd.  I laughed my ass off when I first saw that.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: (((O))) on March 12, 2011, 03:27:06 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 12, 2011, 03:24:20 PM
My favorite was probably the pentagram one he wore in the 2009 opening for down.
Pentagram one???  :shock: Im gonna have to go find a pic of that now!
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: MrLuck87 on March 12, 2011, 03:29:43 PM
Quote from: )))((( on March 12, 2011, 03:27:06 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 12, 2011, 03:24:20 PM
My favorite was probably the pentagram one he wore in the 2009 opening for down.
Pentagram one???  :shock: Im gonna have to go find a pic of that now!

If you watch enough videos from 2009 you'll probably see it.  It's entirely black with a pentagram by his feet.  It's metal!   :lol:
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: (((O))) on March 12, 2011, 03:32:52 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 12, 2011, 03:29:43 PM
Quote from: )))((( on March 12, 2011, 03:27:06 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 12, 2011, 03:24:20 PM
My favorite was probably the pentagram one he wore in the 2009 opening for down.
Pentagram one???  :shock: Im gonna have to go find a pic of that now!

If you watch enough videos from 2009 you'll probably see it.  It's entirely black with a pentagram by his feet.  It's metal!   :lol:
Yeah i've added it to the poll now. I cant believe i totally forgot all about that one, its cool too.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: (the) Razor on March 12, 2011, 06:37:28 PM
Nothing will beat the Lobster shirt.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: m3kcomp on March 12, 2011, 10:42:36 PM
I thought the one with the drug prescription symbols (not on this list) that he wore before the pony Mumu was the best...though the hearts one is classic.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: camaroballa22 on March 13, 2011, 01:52:07 AM
nothing beats dales donut mumu.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: glen on March 13, 2011, 10:50:40 AM
the camo.   the inner-redneck in me is pleased by this.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: black stallion on March 13, 2011, 10:59:50 AM
Quote from: camaroballa22 on March 13, 2011, 01:52:07 AM
nothing beats dales donut mumu.

i have a gift for you,no need to say thanks

(http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/megshi/IMG_1582.jpg)
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on March 13, 2011, 08:56:28 PM
I really like the plain black ones with the red cross symbol.  This was the HAT era
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on March 14, 2011, 08:20:55 AM
The one with the medical symbols around the collar.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: (((O))) on March 14, 2011, 08:35:54 AM
Added a few more to the poll for you guys! So far im surprised many seem to like the quirky pony one as thats definitely my least favourite.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: AxelFoley on March 14, 2011, 10:01:09 AM
Yes, I also like the current one least. My fav has to be the FU one, closely followed by the one with the red cross. Camouflage Mumu has to be on third place.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: rictus on March 14, 2011, 10:05:49 AM
Quote from: black stallion on March 13, 2011, 10:59:50 AM
Quote from: camaroballa22 on March 13, 2011, 01:52:07 AM
nothing beats dales donut mumu.

i have a gift for you,no need to say thanks

(http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/megshi/IMG_1582.jpg)

I don't know if that qualifies as a mumu, more like a mini-dress, or a long shirt. Reminds me of hospital gown now that i think about it.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: (((O))) on March 14, 2011, 10:07:55 AM
I think the next Buzz mumu should have a black Les Paul on the back and the dodo off the cover of Houdini Live on the front. Always loved that cover.

(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JC0-W86d3Yg/RuhVq_8gRVI/AAAAAAAAAZs/bDHHAETOQNU/s400/HoudiniLive.jpg)
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: Rev. Mike on March 14, 2011, 11:41:26 AM
I like the one with the cowgirls.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: MrLuck87 on March 14, 2011, 12:44:31 PM
Quote from: )))((( on March 14, 2011, 08:35:54 AM
im surprised many seem to like the quirky pony one as thats definitely my least favourite.

Agreed.  I like all of them but muumuu's alone are pretty funny.  Whenever there are skulls or a pentagram it seems like it takes the piss out of the metalhead mentality a bit more.  Meanwhile the "F U" muumuu's seem like a middle finger to festivals.

Maybe I'm reading into the muumuu's too much?  That's something I never thought I'd say.  :lol:
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: (((O))) on March 14, 2011, 12:52:10 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 14, 2011, 12:44:31 PM
Maybe I'm reading into the muumuu's too much?  That's something I never thought I'd say.  :lol:
Nah. Melvins make William Shakespeare look like a writer at HEAT magazine.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: Justafilthylurker on March 15, 2011, 01:07:01 PM
The pink ones from that H.O.B  show are flattering and practical.

It's been ten years now, time for a new gag. Burkhas?
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: Chomas on March 17, 2011, 09:00:55 AM
Not voting.  All of them are gayer than a bag of dicks.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: glen on March 17, 2011, 12:24:54 PM
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on March 15, 2011, 01:07:01 PM
It's been ten years now, time for a new gag. Burkhas?

I think jared is answering that with his he-man get up.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: ))))(((( on July 06, 2022, 02:35:32 PM
I'm not too sure about the skeleton on the front, but i really like the skull design on the back of Buzzo's latest mumu. The mumu thing is something i would love to hear more about. I recall Buzz saying the name of the woman who makes them for him but i can't remember the name. I wonder if they are free or how much they cost. Also i wonder what happens to them when he stops wearing them. Do they get stored somewhere safe or are they just thrown away? It would be awesome to see a gallery of his various mumu's throughout the years on display. That would be so interesting to us fans i think. Final thing - i've never properly took note, but it does seem like he tends to have a new mumu for each year or tour. Something like that anyway. Is that correct?
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: Dumpster D on July 06, 2022, 06:22:02 PM
Good thread.

Whose idea was it to go with the Mumu originally, or are they just big time simpsons fans?
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: ))))(((( on October 08, 2022, 03:42:12 PM
Question - If you owned a Melvins mumu would you wear it in public? I doubt i would but i'd certainly want to!! I'd probably look like a right idiot though. I'd honestly love to have one of the Sunn O))) robes to wear too. But again that would no doubt look ridiculous as well!
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: amazonAMAZON on October 08, 2022, 06:27:40 PM
Maybe for Halloween...

Keep in mind Buzz isn't wearing a mumu to walk his dog or play municipal golf.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: ))))(((( on February 26, 2024, 02:35:12 PM
I was just looking at some photos of the band down the years and admiring Buzzo's various mumu's and suddenly wondered to myself - what does he wear underneath?? I'm surprised i've never wondered that before. I wonder if he has a t-shirt under or just the mumu. Also you can see he has some leg wear on. Are they just regular pants or something custom made like the mumu's are? I'm so curious to know and yet i guess we shall never have it explained to us.
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: black stallion on February 26, 2024, 02:48:52 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on February 26, 2024, 02:35:12 PMI was just looking at some photos of the band down the years and admiring Buzzo's various mumu's and suddenly wondered to myself - what does he wear underneath?? I'm surprised i've never wondered that before. I wonder if he has a t-shirt under or just the mumu. Also you can see he has some leg wear on. Are they just regular pants or something custom made like the mumu's are? I'm so curious to know and yet i guess we shall never have it explained to us.

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 26, 2024, 02:35:12 PMI was just looking at some photos of the band down the years and admiring Buzzo's various mumu's and suddenly wondered to myself - what does he wear underneath?? I'm surprised i've never wondered that before. I wonder if he has a t-shirt under or just the mumu. Also you can see he has some leg wear on. Are they just regular pants or something custom made like the mumu's are? I'm so curious to know and yet i guess we shall never have it explained to us.

no shirt, just pants and socks!!  :D
Title: Re: The best Buzz mumu?
Post by: amazonAMAZON on February 26, 2024, 07:56:24 PM
I've occasionally wondered if he's got a personal AC unit on his neck. I bet he's got golf underwear on there. I don't know what that is or if it's an actual thing, but I assume some expensive fancy modern sports fabric.