themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: jules on July 22, 2011, 02:45:09 PM

Title: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: jules on July 22, 2011, 02:45:09 PM
How can I tell if I have a bootleg of this or the real thing? Is there a quick check?

(I understand it was bootlegged on black vinyl, but official black copies exist also. I expect it has been bootlegged in various colours.)
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: camaroballa22 on July 22, 2011, 03:52:39 PM
It is SOOO unbelievably bootlegged its hard to find a real one. It has been bootlegged in MARBLED colors too.
Bottle green, red, white-green, black, white marbled, and other marbled colors have been counterfeited.
Nirvana side of the paper should be jet black, not dark dark grey, label diameter of the record itself should be 91mm. Some boots are 84mm. Matrix should be hand written, not machine stamped, although boots have the same hand written matrix.
In other words, DAMN NEAR impossible.

I have seen SOOO many obvious fakes sell for 100's of dollars.

The one up on ebay is from Dale's wife, SO if your going to GO ALL OUT, this would be the one.

hopefully the sliver.it site can help you.

http://sliver.it/nirvana/test/index.html (http://sliver.it/nirvana/test/index.html)
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: jules on July 22, 2011, 03:59:34 PM
That's great information, thanks a lot! I just bought one for
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: camaroballa22 on July 22, 2011, 07:03:08 PM
no prob. i've wanted this 7" for a long time. i might never own love buzz so i figured this was a consolation. i'd bid on the bobpepperpants one, but i know its going to go for a lot of money since it's pretty much guaranteed legit. i almost pulled the trigger once on the love buzz 7" when i made my money on ebay. I bought a tag heuer instead. Imagine having the balls to buy a love buzz 7"!
Im sitting here questioning the here she comes now 7", which is worth like 1/15 of the love buzz 7". I'd still be too scared on both.
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: Idlehanz on July 22, 2011, 11:31:31 PM
I need to take a second look at mine.  I've had it for probably 15 years or so.  I can't imagine one being that old being a bootleg.  Still, I probably should check on it.
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: jules on July 23, 2011, 12:19:42 AM
Quote from: camaroballa22 on July 22, 2011, 07:03:08 PM
no prob. i've wanted this 7" for a long time. i might never own love buzz so i figured this was a consolation. i'd bid on the bobpepperpants one, but i know its going to go for a lot of money since it's pretty much guaranteed legit. i almost pulled the trigger once on the love buzz 7" when i made my money on ebay. I bought a tag heuer instead. Imagine having the balls to buy a love buzz 7"!
Im sitting here questioning the here she comes now 7", which is worth like 1/15 of the love buzz 7". I'd still be too scared on both.
Love Buzz test pressing is $7500 on eBay right now.
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: buddy holiday on July 23, 2011, 04:28:17 AM
i didnt know that it was that heavily bootlegged. i don't have it... but was wondering why the one from dale's wife is going up that high.. now i know...
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: LebRon Maiden on July 23, 2011, 04:48:40 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on July 23, 2011, 04:28:17 AM
i didnt know that it was that heavily bootlegged. i don't have it... but was wondering why the one from dale's wife is going up that high.. now i know...
The bidding is high because of the color, not really from the legitimacy.
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: camaroballa22 on July 23, 2011, 11:29:10 AM
Quote from: LebRon Maiden on July 23, 2011, 04:48:40 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on July 23, 2011, 04:28:17 AM
i didnt know that it was that heavily bootlegged. i don't have it... but was wondering why the one from dale's wife is going up that high.. now i know...
The bidding is high because of the color, not really from the legitimacy.

i disagree. its a melvins 7" from the melvins. As close to 110% real as your going to get.
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: jules on July 23, 2011, 12:38:14 PM
Is anyone here bidding on it?
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: TheLegitMan93 on July 27, 2011, 12:17:00 PM
Shiny, shiny... shiny boots of LEATHHUUUUURUJFDJFKHFLGKJLJGHJGHJGKALkldfkgdlklkfdlhkf jflkghfkgljskjaijdfkgdfjkhakjsahHJDFKGHDFJGHDFKGFKGDFHKJAhkjshkgd98y7458u48u '; ';;'j;l'ljg;hjgpjkfoglhkfl;hgdflhlfgkhl;kl;dk;lgfdkg;ldfkg;fukufukufukuKSKFGDFGI9i890oie904i5 0opfgk;h@@3237286872678^&*^*SA7DA6S8
Title: Re: Here She Comes Now / Venus In furs 7"
Post by: (PAUL) on July 27, 2011, 05:25:16 PM
Yeah that cover is pretty awesome. Probably their only cover that doesn't sound like the original?