so because this gig is tonight i thought i already make a topic.
I'm going too i will wear my nirvana shirt with red Adidas sweater
Nirvana are a sissy emo band. Wear a Godflesh shirt instead.
Quote from: Candy Dazzle on October 26, 2011, 09:09:22 AM
Nirvana are a sissy emo band. Wear a Godflesh shirt instead.
i dont have that
i think I'm the youngest tonight because I'm 13
Just got back from Haarlem.
I've never been in Haarlem before, i've heard nice things about the venue (Patronaat) though. Didn't saw much of the city itself, I arrived alot later then I expected becouse of traffic. Once I was parked I rushed to the Patronaat. I first checked the merch out, no black vinyl sets left, like Jules said. Only 10 oranges left, which were 250 euro :? Did bought a shirt though.
The venue was alot bigger then expected, two stages, Melvins played the mainstage. There was also way more crowd as I expected. Unfortunately I could't find Jules and Maarten, and also contacting Jules failed. Really would have liked to take a drink with you, but next time we will for sure!
The sound was really good, everything sounded nice and clear. Melvins did their same set, and also this time Dale took his amplificated Iphone at the end, and made some kind of effects with it.. Don't know exactly what it was. Meanwhile Jared kept repeating something about a guy in Venice? correct me if i'm wrong, i'm quite sure it was ''venice'' though.
Definetely the best gig i've seen this year. Third Melvins gig for me, and I think even the best of them i've witnessed so far.
lunica and i went straight to haarlem from work. jules had been waiting for us in a bar around the corner of the venue. he didn't know it was a former polish supermarket, but neither did we. after the food and beers we started walking. a hundred seconds later we reached the venue. the melvins played in the big room, which i had been to before only once, when i returned covered in blood and sperm and what not. (it was a gwar show by the way) the band couldn't be bothered waiting for me to get our beers, so they were going into roman bird shit already by the time i got drinks. solid set list. shove it. at the stake and up the dumper stood out for me. buzz's guitar sounded better than last time, less metallic. even enjoyed some of the new songs! met some other friends after the show, one of them had tequila/juice with him. then it went downhill. once we realized we all had to go to the train station, we started walking and managed to reach it, only to find out the trains for the next hour or so were canceled, so we went to a bar where strange men bragged about their children and returned from the ladies room with white noses. reached home eventually, had some more drinks, less and less sleep, and right now jules has hopefully reached the gate his flight will leave from, probably wondering if it was all a dream.
Quote from: norecess on October 27, 2011, 03:13:39 AM
even enjoyed some of the new songs!
this is an important statement coming from you,were you sober when you wrote this? :P
it was a pretty awesome show i was standing at the front right in front of buzz and afterwards i got a drumstick from dale 8) and i bought the two shirts
Quote from: K4rJ4kC on October 27, 2011, 11:59:34 AM
Unfortunately I could't find Jules and Maarten, and also contacting Jules failed.
That's a shame. I didn't get any missed call or text.
Quote from: K4rJ4kC on October 27, 2011, 11:59:34 AM
it was a pretty awesome show i was standing at the front right in front of buzz and afterwards i got a drumstick from dale 8) and i bought the two shirts
Yes,it was pretty awesome. I was halfway between the bar and the stage and afterwards I got a hangover from norecess and I bought too many whiskies.
Quote from: jules on October 27, 2011, 12:10:09 PM
Quote from: K4rJ4kC on October 27, 2011, 11:59:34 AM
Unfortunately I could't find Jules and Maarten, and also contacting Jules failed.
That's a shame. I didn't get any missed call or text.
That's becouse I probably programmed the number the wrong way in my phone, my phone said the number doesn't exist. Should have tried earlier ](*,)
Quote from: jules on October 27, 2011, 12:10:09 PM
Quote from: K4rJ4kC on October 27, 2011, 11:59:34 AM
Unfortunately I could't find Jules and Maarten, and also contacting Jules failed.
That's a shame. I didn't get any missed call or text.
Quote from: K4rJ4kC on October 27, 2011, 11:59:34 AM
it was a pretty awesome show i was standing at the front right in front of buzz and afterwards i got a drumstick from dale 8) and i bought the two shirts
I got a hangover from norecess and I bought too many whiskies.
never try to drink as much as norecess
Quote from: black stallion on October 28, 2011, 10:52:43 AM
Quote from: jules on October 27, 2011, 12:10:09 PM
Quote from: K4rJ4kC on October 27, 2011, 11:59:34 AM
Unfortunately I could't find Jules and Maarten, and also contacting Jules failed.
That's a shame. I didn't get any missed call or text.
Quote from: K4rJ4kC on October 27, 2011, 11:59:34 AM
it was a pretty awesome show i was standing at the front right in front of buzz and afterwards i got a drumstick from dale 8) and i bought the two shirts
I got a hangover from norecess and I bought too many whiskies.
never try to drink as much as norecess
I can't remember if I could hold up against Maar or not. Did we even drink that much? I kind of recall some beers in the room? Those three days were a bluurrrrrrrr.
Melvins live @ Patronaat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBfYDP6CnY#)
i think it should be "never drink a much as lunica". by the way, i'm happy the aluminum guitar is history :D
I don't remember you drinking either. All I really remember is music. Not that I'm complaining.
you must have been drinking too much!
martone put this up on the SY page
Melvins 2011-10-26 Haarlem:
http://wtrns.fr/kp4Zf4kb15hTHFE (http://wtrns.fr/kp4Zf4kb15hTHFE)
(Caution: 1 GB download.)
__________________
Quote from: ilduclo on November 15, 2011, 06:38:10 PM
martone put this up on the SY page
Melvins 2011-10-26 Haarlem:
http://wtrns.fr/kp4Zf4kb15hTHFE (http://wtrns.fr/kp4Zf4kb15hTHFE)
(Caution: 1 GB download.)
__________________
does someone still have this? the file is gone