themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Afterbirthmilkshake on March 08, 2012, 10:24:21 AM

Poll
Question: What is your favorite new Melvins song
Option 1: The War on Wisdom votes: 1
Option 2: We Are Doomed votes: 8
Option 3: Friends Before Larry votes: 8
Option 4: I'm just waiting on Freak Puke votes: 7
Option 5: I don't even like the Melvins, I'm just here because Kurt Cobain liked them votes: 11
Title: new Melvins song
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on March 08, 2012, 10:24:21 AM
We have been discussing this a lot lately so here it is, our chance to vote for our favorite new tune by those megastars in mumus.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: (((O))) on March 08, 2012, 10:29:23 AM
We Are Doomed by a lonnnnnnng shot.

I AM waiting on Freak Puke too tho. At first i wasnt overly excited, but having thought about it im really eager to hear it now. Then own it. Or vice versa.  :)


Bulls... is the appetizing starter, Freak Puke will be the main!
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: JUDY on March 08, 2012, 10:40:56 AM
Quote from: )))((( on March 08, 2012, 10:29:23 AM
We Are Doomed by a lonnnnnnng shot.
INDEED

Proud Melvins fan right here!

Here's to hoping the download on March 13th implodes the interwebs from awesomeness.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: acid policy on March 08, 2012, 11:21:58 AM
cant pick one. this album slices the planet in half.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: norecess on March 08, 2012, 03:35:30 PM
national hamster
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: williamblakestyger on March 08, 2012, 04:15:35 PM
love
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: The Bloated Pope on March 09, 2012, 07:48:39 AM
Hard to choose between Hamster and Doom...

So I pick War on Wisdom !
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: (((O))) on March 09, 2012, 07:52:31 AM
Quote from: The Bloated Pope on March 09, 2012, 07:48:39 AM
Hard to choose between Hamster and Doom...

So I pick War on Wisdom !
You fence sitter you!  :)
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: glen on March 09, 2012, 08:14:00 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on March 09, 2012, 08:02:07 AM
why has everybody the full ep? did i miss something?

we do alot of projection reviewing around here.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: buddy holiday on March 09, 2012, 08:15:24 AM
that's what i thought.... :)
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Illusionator on March 09, 2012, 08:43:15 AM
I'm avoiding it til it's released after hearing the first 2. Very excited but want a surprise...
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 08:50:21 AM
Haven't heard it yet.  Will it be released on cd? This is bulls and bees right? I'm way behind.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: glen on March 09, 2012, 08:54:21 AM
digital DL only at SCION.

I think the price is EXTREMELY reasonable too.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on March 09, 2012, 09:14:18 AM
Quote from: glen on March 09, 2012, 08:14:00 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on March 09, 2012, 08:02:07 AM
why has everybody the full ep? did i miss something?

we do alot of projection reviewing around here.

I've been searching high and low to find streaming versions of the first three songs but I haven't had any luck.  That picture of the Melvins with that elephant bear thing has distracted me. 
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
I want a physical product.  This download only thing annoys me.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: williamblakestyger on March 09, 2012, 04:10:14 PM
love all yet hate again
thanks a lot
still have a feeling  two headed dog (red temple prayer) live
bulls and the bees (i always wanted to live a life without the greezens an the beezens) stay mold shrideep stay mold jose  brother bear not afraid  anymore
freak puke 2012
honky live  stag live 2015
thanks alot love again yet
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: black stallion on March 10, 2012, 04:35:09 AM
Quote from: williamblakestyger on March 09, 2012, 04:10:14 PM

honky live  stag live 2015


you know something?don't be elusive
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Justafilthylurker on March 11, 2012, 04:52:19 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
I want a physical product.  This download only thing annoys me.

It's fucking free. Get with the times old man, CD's are just little plastic discs.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: (((O))) on March 11, 2012, 04:53:47 AM
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on March 11, 2012, 04:52:19 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
I want a physical product.  This download only thing annoys me.

It's fucking free. Get with the times old man, CD's are just little plastic discs.
....that play music and come with cool artwork!  :)
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Leroy on March 11, 2012, 06:19:47 PM
free, you could download it and burn it to cd. 
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Rizzo on March 11, 2012, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: )))((( on March 11, 2012, 04:53:47 AM
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on March 11, 2012, 04:52:19 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
I want a physical product.  This download only thing annoys me.

It's fucking free. Get with the times old man, CD's are just little plastic discs.
....that play music and come with cool artwork!  :)
And sound way better than that downloading crap. I thought they were giving out free CD's at the show?
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Bigval on March 11, 2012, 11:56:24 PM
MP3's are way shittier sound quality than CD.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: FartLips on March 11, 2012, 11:59:29 PM
Quote from: Rizzo on March 11, 2012, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: )))((( on March 11, 2012, 04:53:47 AM
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on March 11, 2012, 04:52:19 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
I want a physical product.  This download only thing annoys me.

It's fucking free. Get with the times old man, CD's are just little plastic discs.
....that play music and come with cool artwork!  :)
And sound way better than that downloading crap. I thought they were giving out free CD's at the show?
they are.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Rizzo on March 12, 2012, 12:13:16 AM
Quote from: FartLips on March 11, 2012, 11:59:29 PM
Quote from: Rizzo on March 11, 2012, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: )))((( on March 11, 2012, 04:53:47 AM
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on March 11, 2012, 04:52:19 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
I want a physical product.  This download only thing annoys me.

It's fucking free. Get with the times old man, CD's are just little plastic discs.
....that play music and come with cool artwork!  :)
And sound way better than that downloading crap. I thought they were giving out free CD's at the show?
they are.
SWEET TITS!!!
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: FartLips on March 12, 2012, 12:15:23 AM
Quote from: Rizzo on March 12, 2012, 12:13:16 AM
Quote from: FartLips on March 11, 2012, 11:59:29 PM
Quote from: Rizzo on March 11, 2012, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: )))((( on March 11, 2012, 04:53:47 AM
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on March 11, 2012, 04:52:19 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
I want a physical product.  This download only thing annoys me.

It's fucking free. Get with the times old man, CD's are just little plastic discs.
....that play music and come with cool artwork!  :)
And sound way better than that downloading crap. I thought they were giving out free CD's at the show?
they are.
SWEET TITS!!!
well thank you.

but realize that buzz said they are limited. if your show date is near the end of the tour, you could be shit outta luck.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Rizzo on March 12, 2012, 01:24:30 AM
Quote from: FartLips on March 12, 2012, 12:15:23 AM
Quote from: Rizzo on March 12, 2012, 12:13:16 AM
Quote from: FartLips on March 11, 2012, 11:59:29 PM
Quote from: Rizzo on March 11, 2012, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: )))((( on March 11, 2012, 04:53:47 AM
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on March 11, 2012, 04:52:19 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
I want a physical product.  This download only thing annoys me.

It's fucking free. Get with the times old man, CD's are just little plastic discs.
....that play music and come with cool artwork!  :)
And sound way better than that downloading crap. I thought they were giving out free CD's at the show?
they are.
SWEET TITS!!!
well thank you.

but realize that buzz said they are limited. if your show date is near the end of the tour, you could be shit outta luck.
Well than looks as if I might be shit outta luck. I never got on the downloading bandwagon. CD's not only sound better to me but I like them for being versatile.  I really hope that bands continue to keep all us format snobs happy.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: FartLips on March 12, 2012, 01:42:12 AM
Quote from: Rizzo on March 12, 2012, 01:24:30 AM
Quote from: FartLips on March 12, 2012, 12:15:23 AM
Quote from: Rizzo on March 12, 2012, 12:13:16 AM
Quote from: FartLips on March 11, 2012, 11:59:29 PM
Quote from: Rizzo on March 11, 2012, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: )))((( on March 11, 2012, 04:53:47 AM
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on March 11, 2012, 04:52:19 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
I want a physical product.  This download only thing annoys me.

It's fucking free. Get with the times old man, CD's are just little plastic discs.
....that play music and come with cool artwork!  :)
And sound way better than that downloading crap. I thought they were giving out free CD's at the show?
they are.
SWEET TITS!!!
well thank you.

but realize that buzz said they are limited. if your show date is near the end of the tour, you could be shit outta luck.
Well than looks as if I might be shit outta luck. I never got on the downloading bandwagon. CD's not only sound better to me but I like them for being versatile.  I really hope that bands continue to keep all us format snobs happy.
shit, i just use 'em for coasters. :P
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Leroy on March 12, 2012, 02:59:17 PM
with a lot of mp3's, the drums sound crappy when playing through loud speakers with surround sound, but with the mp3's Scion has released through their A/V website, you honestly can't really tell the difference.  I downloaded some of that Damfunk guy's stuff (for some reason).
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Lurch on March 12, 2012, 07:00:20 PM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 09, 2012, 03:59:39 PM
I want a physical product.  This download only thing annoys me.

(http://www.deviantart.com/download/96490427/Hulk_Transformation_by_chrisxart.jpg)
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: FartLips on March 12, 2012, 07:31:49 PM
those purple shorts reminds me of someone's dodge challenger. hmmmm.... who coulda that been? :-k
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Shatz on March 13, 2012, 04:57:17 AM
Only one vote for The War on Wisdom so far. I rest my case.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Metalhead Cow on March 13, 2012, 11:32:52 PM
I'm torn between the war on wisdom and we are doomed. Can't decide right now. Friends before larry and a really long wait are cool tracks. National hamster is definitely my least favorite.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Dumpster D on March 14, 2012, 02:15:22 AM
 :lol:

plum purple pepper pants!


Quote from: FartLips on March 12, 2012, 07:31:49 PM
those purple shorts reminds me of someone's dodge challenger. hmmmm.... who coulda that been? :-k
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: (((O))) on March 14, 2012, 05:39:10 AM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on March 13, 2012, 11:32:52 PM
National Hamster is definitely my least favorite.
Seems most here love it tho. Overall i think i'd see it like this...

1 We Are Doomed
2 The War On Wisdom
3 Friends Before Larry
4 National Hamster
5 A Really Long Wait
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Stonergrunge on March 17, 2012, 11:50:55 PM
Quote from: Bigval on March 11, 2012, 11:56:24 PM
MP3's are way shittier sound quality than CD.

I agree with you 100%, although these files sound much more decent than the average mp3.
Title: Re: new Melvins song
Post by: Stass on March 19, 2012, 01:19:43 PM
Poll may be closed, but I may as well throw my two cents in:

1. The War On Wisdom
2. We Are Doomed
3. National Hamster
4. Friends Before Larry
5. A Really Long Wait