themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: azathoth rising on June 29, 2012, 04:10:09 AM

Title: Anyone want a Spotify playlist of songs Melvins have covered?
Post by: azathoth rising on June 29, 2012, 04:10:09 AM
Sitting here wating for the postman to show up so I can go out, decided to throw this together, here's a link if anyone is interested:

http://open.spotify.com/user/ninjabachelorparty/playlist/5ZOxZXbXircOlunDgFDrZx (http://open.spotify.com/user/ninjabachelorparty/playlist/5ZOxZXbXircOlunDgFDrZx)

I used the list on the wiki to do it, anything not there is not available on Spotify. Few things i had to pick from a ton of options, such as Amazing Grace, Star Spangled Banner, Peggy Gordon etc.

If anyone can see anything missing, I've set it as a collaborative playlist so you should be able to add stuff.
Title: Re: Anyone want a Spotify playlist of songs Melvins have covered?
Post by: norecess on June 29, 2012, 04:19:05 AM
did they really cover 'want you' by kiss? thought it was by the mc5. great list otherwise! forgot about that "montrose" track... lacrimosa by mozart, eh? ok i will put this on now, thanks!
Title: Re: Anyone want a Spotify playlist of songs Melvins have covered?
Post by: azathoth rising on June 29, 2012, 04:21:43 AM
I don't know TBH, I'm just going on the wiki info. Lacrimosa and Dies Irae are weird ones, I'm not sure they are right.
Title: Re: Anyone want a Spotify playlist of songs Melvins have covered?
Post by: anaconda on June 29, 2012, 07:15:53 AM
They've covered a lot of KISS tunes but I've never heard them doing
'I Want You' from the RocknRollOver album. Mp3 anyone?

???
Title: Re: Anyone want a Spotify playlist of songs Melvins have covered?
Post by: Metalhead Cow on July 04, 2012, 08:39:11 PM
Quote from: norecess on June 29, 2012, 04:19:05 AM
lacrimosa by mozart, eh?

:shock:
Title: Re: Anyone want a Spotify playlist of songs Melvins have covered?
Post by: JUDY on July 04, 2012, 09:07:48 PM
You forgot Gimme Pizza by the Olsen Twins.  :wink:

I need a Makin Love MP3 if anyone has that one handy, too.

And Mr. DNA NEEDS to go on their next studio release.....

Melvins covers are the best. It's interesting to see/hear these in a group like this....


Title: Re: Anyone want a Spotify playlist of songs Melvins have covered?
Post by: anaconda on July 04, 2012, 09:21:56 PM
Quote from: JUDY on July 04, 2012, 09:07:48 PM
I need a Makin Love MP3 if anyone has that one handy, too.

Melvins version:
http://thesickos.free.fr/making_love.mp3 (http://thesickos.free.fr/making_love.mp3)

KISS original:
http://thesickos.free.fr/Makin_Love.mp3 (http://thesickos.free.fr/Makin_Love.mp3)

Title: Re: Anyone want a Spotify playlist of songs Melvins have covered?
Post by: JUDY on July 04, 2012, 11:02:46 PM
Quote from: anaconda on July 04, 2012, 09:21:56 PM
Quote from: JUDY on July 04, 2012, 09:07:48 PM
I need a Makin Love MP3 if anyone has that one handy, too.

Melvins version:
http://thesickos.free.fr/making_love.mp3 (http://thesickos.free.fr/making_love.mp3)

KISS original:
http://thesickos.free.fr/Makin_Love.mp3 (http://thesickos.free.fr/Makin_Love.mp3)
THANKS DUDE