themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Dumpster D on July 15, 2012, 01:41:32 AM

Title: Dales Vocals
Post by: Dumpster D on July 15, 2012, 01:41:32 AM
Technically this should have been just a comment in the freak puke thread, but Im listening to A GROWING DISGUST back to back and Its hotter than the devils balls.

I hear a big heavy chunk in the last third of the song with mostly Dale up front on vocals. (I think) Its pretty un-mistakable.

I Really like how dale does his vocals. They totally make that part. and its very very very Melvins.

This point I need to mention what Trevor is doing when the track goes into the heavy breakdown, nice take.

Then Dales vocals come in after a bit, and he kills it on the heavy part at the end! I Love hearing dale on vocals like that..good good call!

It makes the whole track, I think I hear the other guys too but it could be dales overdub too.

I just wanted to big that up because It really works


Im liking freak puke a little too much right now. its very very...
Title: Re: Dales Vocals
Post by: (((O))) on July 15, 2012, 03:38:51 AM
I love Dale's vocals too. I can't say i can detect them too easily on Freak Puke but i guess im just not listening hard enough to do so. There's many times on Melvins albums where i can't tell who is singing. This is especially so on Freak Puke. Almost every time i listen im going "who's that?" or "this dale?". Mind you it doesn't help that i don't know what Dunn's voice sounds like. Everyone says Tommy Goes Berserk is Buzz yet i still think it's Dale.  :-k
Title: Re: Dales Vocals
Post by: black stallion on July 15, 2012, 04:18:56 AM
mmh,i think it's Buzzo on Tommy. i can hear Dale doing vocals on some parts of Baby Won't You Weird Me Out too,which is one of my favourite tracks
Title: Re: Dales Vocals
Post by: Dumpster D on July 15, 2012, 11:23:01 PM
trevor has a very distinct voice.

Title: Re: Dales Vocals
Post by: black stallion on July 16, 2012, 11:25:16 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on July 15, 2012, 11:23:01 PM
trevor has a very distinct voice.

especially when singing in the shower
Title: Re: Dales Vocals
Post by: Dan_Halen on July 16, 2012, 08:39:37 PM
I love Dale's vocals. He has a really good voice. Freak Puke is amazing but also complex. It took me several listenings to really get it. I said this in another thread but Ill say it again here. Now would be a perfect time to do 3  new Melvins Lite solo albums guys...Buzz,Dale and Trevor!!! With Posters!!!! C'mon guys...DO IT!!!
Title: Re: Dales Vocals
Post by: Metalhead Cow on July 17, 2012, 09:06:34 PM
Quote from: )))((( on July 15, 2012, 03:38:51 AM
I love Dale's vocals too. I can't say i can detect them too easily on Freak Puke but i guess im just not listening hard enough to do so. There's many times on Melvins albums where i can't tell who is singing. This is especially so on Freak Puke. Almost every time i listen im going "who's that?" or "this dale?". Mind you it doesn't help that i don't know what Dunn's voice sounds like. Everyone says Tommy Goes Berserk is Buzz yet i still think it's Dale.  :-k

Nah dude, that's definitely Buzz on Tommy