http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Melvins-Electroretard/79524497?ev=bp_det (http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Melvins-Electroretard/79524497?ev=bp_det)
the next one...
It's on eBay now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MELVINS-electroretard-LP-alternative-grunge-HC-DOA-JELLO-BIAFRA-NIRVANA-KBD-rare-/221147553601?pt=UK_Records&hash=item337d6bdf41 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/MELVINS-electroretard-LP-alternative-grunge-HC-DOA-JELLO-BIAFRA-NIRVANA-KBD-rare-/221147553601?pt=UK_Records&hash=item337d6bdf41)
Someone on here should buy this and let us all know what it's like quality-wise. If the sound quality is good and the cover is decently made I'd totally buy one.
Give the boot the boot!
its better than the houdini bootleg.
by that i mean it actually plays.
its a bit quiet but otherall not bad.
cover is big foldout full colour etc, looks ok.
obviously i hate bootlegs in general but at least this is something otherwise unavailable on wax.
so of course i bought one.
no interest in getting all these bootlegs of old albums that i own originals of though.
Thanks for the info oldernie!
I'm usually way against bootlegs but my reason for wanting one would indeed be the point you made that this doesn't have an official vinyl release.
I have that cover songs boot with the kiss faces... Sounds pretty good. The only other vinyl bootlegs I have are a couple Nirvana and a My Bloody Valentine... The Nirvana are especially sub par.
I had the seller take it down.
Bootlegs are bullshit, almost universally horrible quality, and harm bands/artists.
What about the Melvins' discography makes you think any Melvins release won't be available in legit format some time in the future?
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 05, 2012, 01:55:43 PM
Bootlegs are bullshit, almost universally horrible quality, and harm bands/artists.
so true
Quote from: black stallion on November 05, 2012, 02:18:37 PM
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 05, 2012, 01:55:43 PM
Bootlegs are bullshit, almost universally horrible quality, and harm bands/artists.
so true
Until now i didn't even know people made bootleg vinyl. :o
Im not sure why anyone would want to buy it knowing it wasn't a proper release either.
Is a legit vinyl version of Electroretard coming in the future? [-o<
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 05, 2012, 01:55:43 PM
What about the Melvins' discography makes you think any Melvins release won't be available in legit format some time in the future?
:excited:
But what if we want it now?
When I was too young to know any better I got that bootleg split with mudhoney. It's got he awful sounding live recording of "Goin' Blind" I remember listening to it (Not knowing it was a Kiss song) and not liking it because of how bad the recording was. A year or two later I got Houdini. Instead of being blown away by a Kiss cover that even blows away the original I was like, "Oh it's a nice studio recording of that awful sounding 45 I have"
Fuck Bootlegs!!! They ruined what could have and should have been a magical Houdini moment for me!!! :x
(Buying an electroretard bootleg for whatever reason, even if to smash it into a billion peices, only puts money in the pockets of bastards who are making it.)
Quote from: (the) rictus on November 05, 2012, 05:21:40 PM
But what if we want it now?
Patience is a virtue. Hasn't the vinyl onslaught of the past year or so been pretty amazing?
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 05, 2012, 07:13:00 PM
Quote from: (the) rictus on November 05, 2012, 05:21:40 PM
But what if we want it now?
Hasn't the vinyl onslaught of the past year or so been pretty amazing?
That's an understatement if I've ever heard one.
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 05, 2012, 07:13:00 PM
Quote from: (the) rictus on November 05, 2012, 05:21:40 PM
But what if we want it now?
Patience is a virtue. Hasn't the vinyl onslaught of the past year or so been pretty amazing?
IT HAS BEEN UNBELIEVABLE!!! Seriously , the amazing amount of beautiful art and vinyl plus KILLER tunes!!! 2012 so far has been mind blowingly awesome!!!
Quote from: Idlehanz on November 05, 2012, 07:17:58 PM
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 05, 2012, 07:13:00 PM
Quote from: (the) rictus on November 05, 2012, 05:21:40 PM
But what if we want it now?
Hasn't the vinyl onslaught of the past year or so been pretty amazing?
That's an understatement if I've ever heard one.
Well put Idlehanz....and the craziest part is it isn't even over! More stuff for new years! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 05, 2012, 07:18:34 PM
IT HAS BEEN UNBELIEVABLE!!! Seriously , the amazing amount of beautiful art and vinyl plus KILLER tunes!!! 2012 so far has been mind blowingly awesome!!!
Also agree, Bulls& Bees, Freak Puke and 1983!?!? We are spoiled and loving it!!! :D
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 05, 2012, 07:18:34 PM
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 05, 2012, 07:13:00 PM
Quote from: (the) rictus on November 05, 2012, 05:21:40 PM
But what if we want it now?
Patience is a virtue. Hasn't the vinyl onslaught of the past year or so been pretty amazing?
plus KILLER tunes!!!
this is the part i prefer. Melvins never fail on that
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 05, 2012, 07:18:34 PM
2012 so far has been mind blowingly awesome!!!
I don't follow the vinyl releases but goodness this year it seemed like there was something new available every other week!!! Or thereabouts at least. Melvins vinyl collectors have been well and truly spoilt and will probably continue to be.
Yeah, spoilt to the brink of bankruptcy :lol:
Quote from: Godflesh on November 06, 2012, 07:42:52 AM
Yeah, spoilt to the brink of bankruptcy :lol:
Melvins should team up with MBNA to produce a MelvinsCard. You could use it everywhere there's the MasterCard sign, there's a high APR of around 17.9%, BUT you get 15% off all new Melvins merch and gig tickets with it. If you fall behind on your payments, you have to cage fight a drunken Haze while Walsby sketches the aftermath to send to your next of kin.
Stay away from the bootlegs. The only people that should make money for Melvins music is the Melvins. Keeps them in business which keeps new music and new tours a happening. A win-win!!
I would be surprised if we do not see an Electroretard vinyl at some point.
And yeah - this year in Melvins vinyl?
Melvins/Hammerhead Split
Melvins/Unsane Split
Melvins/SeaWhores Split
Melvins/Cows Split
Melvins/Killdozer Split
Melvins/OFF! Split
Melvins/Midwest Hardcore Split
Melvins/U-Men Split
Melvins/Butthole Surfers Split
1983
The Bulls & The Bees
Freak Puke
and we still have another 2 Sugar Daddys and a Melvins/Redd Kross split to look forward to.
Be patient my bootleg buying friends!
...and the various picture discs too, if they count i suppose.
Quote from: sadcorps on November 06, 2012, 09:57:09 AM
The only people that should make money for Melvins music is the Melvins.
don't forget pinky
I predict 2013 is going to be a great year for Melvins vinyl too. 8)
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 06, 2012, 04:44:20 PM
I predict 2013 is going to be a great year for Melvins vinyl too. 8)
:excited:
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 06, 2012, 04:44:20 PM
I predict 2013 is going to be a great year for Melvins vinyl too. 8)
Melvins itunes too, perhaps?
i cannot stop checking this thread [-o<
I'll never be able to settle down, buy a house and raise children at this rate.
Quote from: jules on November 07, 2012, 04:46:12 AM
I'll never be able to settle down and listen to the damn records at this rate.
Fixed :lol:
Quote from: jules on November 07, 2012, 04:46:12 AM
I'll never be able to settle down, buy a house and raise children at this rate.
fuck that. have the children. they're worth a solid G a piece on the black market. do you have any idea what kind of MELVINS schwag that will buy you? shit man... you'll have the monstrosity dolls AND the MELVINS meat before you can say "the end LP - nihilst version".
Quote from: glen on November 13, 2012, 10:24:26 AM
Quote from: jules on November 07, 2012, 04:46:12 AM
I'll never be able to settle down, buy a house and raise children at this rate.
fuck that. have the children. they're worth a solid G a piece on the black market. do you have any idea what kind of MELVINS schwag that will buy you? shit man... you'll have the monstrosity dolls AND the MELVINS meat before you can say "the end LP - nihilst version".
How much for yours? They'll fetch twice the price if I sell them in England, what with their cute American accents an' all.
Quote from: jules on November 13, 2012, 10:28:33 AM
How much for yours? They'll fetch twice the price if I sell them in England, what with their cute American accents an' all.
take my children... please.
:shock:
Quote from: glen on November 13, 2012, 12:02:56 PM
Quote from: jules on November 13, 2012, 10:28:33 AM
How much for yours? They'll fetch twice the price if I sell them in England, what with their cute American accents an' all.
take my children... please.
:shock:
Done. Just don't forget to put holes in the envelope.
I was just thinking how different it is that this bootleg hasn't been saturating eBay and Discogs quite as much as other recent bootlegs. Hopefully, the people responsible for it are a bit more savvy to the fact that the sword of Damocles hovers ominously over them and that their days are numbered.
Sorry to raise an old thread but Ive got this disc (pressed on gold wax), anyone else won and notice popping through side a on Youth of America and Revolve.
I swapped my copy but its the same deal on the new copy
I'd just wait until Ipecac puts it out with the Bulls and the Bees.