themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Show Reviews => Topic started by: Salvador on May 12, 2013, 05:57:16 AM

Title: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Salvador on May 12, 2013, 05:57:16 AM
http://livevideobootlegs.blogspot.fr/2013/05/the-melvins-trabendo-paris.html (http://livevideobootlegs.blogspot.fr/2013/05/the-melvins-trabendo-paris.html)
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: jules on May 12, 2013, 12:59:42 PM
Two of the best live shows I've ever seen. Incredible. Review later.

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00436_zps6d25bc8c.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00436_zps6d25bc8c.jpg.html)(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00438_zpsae593f0c.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00438_zpsae593f0c.jpg.html)

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00437_zpsc99ba8a2.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00437_zpsc99ba8a2.jpg.html)

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00444_zps2fd4fc15.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00444_zps2fd4fc15.jpg.html)(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00449_zps6b9117b2.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00449_zps6b9117b2.jpg.html)

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00446_zpsf0233665.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00446_zpsf0233665.jpg.html)

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00447_zps1788dffc.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00447_zps1788dffc.jpg.html)

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00458_zps64bf40ce.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00458_zps64bf40ce.jpg.html)

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00455_zps5bb7652f.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00455_zps5bb7652f.jpg.html)

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00465_zps34f5a4f9.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00465_zps34f5a4f9.jpg.html)



Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: The Bloated Pope on May 12, 2013, 02:12:09 PM
Both amazing shows, the band was on fire and seems very happy to be here. Cool crowd too, and of course a great place to be (le Trabendo is really a super stage)

First part (Lysol/Egg Nog/Houdini) was really the Jared Show :lol: it was my favorite part, I've been really blown away

Love the Lividity part on the second show, I was really excited to see them playing this tune in particulary.

(http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/05/12/13051209080429868.jpg) (http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=13051209080429868.jpg)

(http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2013/05/12/130512091458456768.jpg) (http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=130512091458456768.jpg)

(http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/05/12/130512091219142456.jpg) (http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=130512091219142456.jpg)


(http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/05/12/130512091320402251.jpg) (http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=130512091320402251.jpg)


And yes, Dale Crover is a god


Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: jules on May 12, 2013, 02:47:48 PM
Looking at those photos makes it seem like it was just yesterday.  :)   This was the best time I've ever had in Paris. Combination of two of the best gigs I've ever been to and two of the coolest people I've ever met (M. et Mme Zorn).

The first part of the first set of the first night was astonishing. About what seemed like 15 minutes into the music, I happened to glance at the setlist and grinned at it still being the first song. Love it when that happens. Charmicarmicat into Hung Bunny was what happens when arguably the best two songs ever written get segued into each other and what happens when Bhuddists reach their 13th shakra or whatever it is.

The second (Houdini) set was marred only by someone trying to get on the stage, but he was put in his place as you can see from Salvador's video.

The second night was atmospherically different inasmuch as everyone was hung over to start with so it all seemed a bit calmer audience-wise. The cobwebs had gone by the time Stoner Witch started, though!

There might be a professional vid coming out of this - historically the French gigs have had awesome footage recorded, it looked like the same might be happening here, too.......

Thoroughly heavy.
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: jonE5 on May 13, 2013, 11:00:24 AM
Quote from: jules on May 12, 2013, 02:47:48 PM
Looking at those photos makes it seem like it was just yesterday.  :)   This was the best time I've ever had in Paris. Combination of two of the best gigs I've ever been to and two of the coolest people I've ever met (M. et Mme Zorn).

The first part of the first set of the first night was astonishing. About what seemed like 15 minutes into the music, I happened to glance at the setlist and grinned at it still being the first song. Love it when that happens. Charmicarmicat into Hung Bunny was what happens when arguably the best two songs ever written get segued into each other and what happens when Bhuddists reach their 13th shakra or whatever it is.

The second (Houdini) set was marred only by someone trying to get on the stage, but he was put in his place as you can see from Salvador's video.

The second night was atmospherically different inasmuch as everyone was hung over to start with so it all seemed a bit calmer audience-wise. The cobwebs had gone by the time Stoner Witch started, though!

There might be a professional vid coming out of this - historically the French gigs have had awesome footage recorded, it looked like the same might be happening here, too.......

Thoroughly heavy.

I felt exactly the same when I saw the Residency shows.. The Lysol/Eggnog set was one of the greatest things I have ever seen live... (Houdini was no slouch either.. Elevated Art Rock)
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: glen on May 13, 2013, 02:48:36 PM
Quote from: jules on May 12, 2013, 12:59:42 PM
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00438_zpsae593f0c.jpg (http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00438_zpsae593f0c.jpg)[/img][/URL]

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00437_zpsc99ba8a2.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00437_zpsc99ba8a2.jpg.html)



don't look now but Buzz is wearing floods.. again.
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: rictus on May 13, 2013, 02:53:38 PM
Maybe Buzz is growing.
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: glen on May 13, 2013, 03:12:11 PM
Quote from: (the) rictus on May 13, 2013, 02:53:38 PM
Maybe Buzz is growing.

:lol: :lol:

who knows?  could be hand-me-downs.   
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Helen83 on May 13, 2013, 04:36:12 PM
Are they selling Everyone Loves Bangers at the shows yet???
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: jules on May 13, 2013, 04:48:29 PM
Quote from: Helen83 on May 13, 2013, 04:36:12 PM
Are they selling Everyone Loves Bangers at the shows yet???
They're not selling anything, old chap.
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: tottel on May 14, 2013, 05:06:15 AM
Finally I've got some time to report on these two SUPER evenings....they were AMAZING! Here are a couple of photos....



[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Oscar on May 14, 2013, 06:12:46 AM
Full show proshot

http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/The_Melvins_Villette_Sonique_trabendo/ (http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/The_Melvins_Villette_Sonique_trabendo/)
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: tottel on May 14, 2013, 06:34:55 AM
Quote from: Oscar on May 14, 2013, 06:12:46 AM
Full show proshot

http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/The_Melvins_Villette_Sonique_trabendo/ (http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/The_Melvins_Villette_Sonique_trabendo/)


OH YES!!! Thanks!!!
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: glen on May 14, 2013, 06:47:35 AM
extremely interesting looking venue.   any guess on capacity count?
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: tottel on May 14, 2013, 06:55:56 AM
Quote from: glen on May 14, 2013, 06:47:35 AM
extremely interesting looking venue.   any guess on capacity count?

700
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: jules on May 14, 2013, 06:58:25 AM
Thanks Oscar!
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Oscar on May 14, 2013, 08:08:20 AM
Anytime.
Watch the boys handle an idiot stagediver with authority during Lizzy.
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: black stallion on May 14, 2013, 10:38:05 AM
judging from some videos i watched, it was a monster show. Buzzo in particular had a killer sound and perfect attitude on stage,hard to find a better guitarist around
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: The Bloated Pope on May 14, 2013, 10:48:56 AM
Quote from: black stallion on May 14, 2013, 10:38:05 AM
judging from some videos i watched, it was a monster show. Buzzo in particular had a killer sound and perfect attitude on stage,hard to find a better guitarist around

He was really playing "in your face" style, he was magnificent to watch. And Crover, god this man is incredible...

Best band ever
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: black stallion on May 14, 2013, 10:49:52 AM
Quote from: The Bloated Pope on May 14, 2013, 10:48:56 AM
Quote from: black stallion on May 14, 2013, 10:38:05 AM
judging from some videos i watched, it was a monster show. Buzzo in particular had a killer sound and perfect attitude on stage,hard to find a better guitarist around


Best band ever


i agree
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Zorn on May 14, 2013, 02:35:45 PM
Both nights were awesome. Can't remember everything, but: Lysol/Eggnog set was amazing. Charmicarmicat as an intro was so long I wondered if they were trying to tease the crowd until it went mad! And it was at least as loud as long, so I let you get the ear-destruction thing by yourself... Favorite set of the first night, it was a fucking blast, even if the Houdini set was as good; a majority of people waiting for it, it was a bit too moshy for me (Parisian crowd as always). Didn't see much of Buzz on day one from where I was (in front of Dale & Jared); sometimes I couldn't hear enough of the guitar due to the amps position. Jared played really great, as Dale did; he was a monster (and yes, he's God). As Oscar mentioned it for the Berlin shows, Coady was sort of following Dale on that night, probably due to illness; I remember him being "drum-killed" by Dale at the end of Houdini set during the drum battle of Spread Eagle Beagle (he had a look that seemed to tell "well, what can I do now..?"). This being said, nobody can say he was playing bad! Just a bit less in shape than usual. Jared's drumming was hilarious.
Another "stay off the stage" intervention by Dale followed by Buzz was a highlight moment, even if I thought they were really going to stop the show. I really liked the way they handled the situation and totally agree with what Buzz said.
Highlight for Joan of Arc too, I was so happy to hear my favorite song from Houdini live; it's almost even better watching it on the replay! Damn so loud.

Second night was even more amazing, maybe due to our position (the barrier, right in front of both drums - ouch); too bad it wasn't recorded too. The Bullhead set was incredible, and the crowd was incredibly quiet during it, waiting for the Stoner Witch set as on the first evening (and probably had a hangover, the heaviness of Bullhead being hard to stand :D). Coady was definitely way more into his drumming, recovered from his food poisoning. Each track of the first set was perfectly played, better than on the record!
Stoner Witch set was also great. Lividity was just tremendous; I wanted to kill the guy who shouted "REVOLVE" during the fucking music lesson they were giving. Didn't like that much Revolve by the way; I had the feeling half of the crowd was there to hear it, which kinda sucks. The whole set, as Bullhead, was perfect; highlight for June Bug which was a blast too! But every song deserves a highlight, so...

I wish Jared and Coady had a bit more vocal parts: they had less than usual, probably due to the albums that were played; but in compensation Dale had more, and was really impressive (he almost sang as much as Buzz, backing almost all of the lyrics!).

Melvins really have the art of dynamic. The atmosphere given off the order of the songs was purely unbelievable and totally controlled; don't know any other band that can do the same. And the sound, beyond being very loud, was astonishing!

Too bad there was no merch at all; all gone at the beginning of the tour... But I had Dale's drumstick, thanks to Scott, so I'm happy (plus I saved up some money because of the no merch land).

Le Trabendo is a fucking good venue. They modified it last year; I prefer the old colors (it was all red back then), but still it rocks, and the beer is not that expensive for Paris (even if it's not cheap).

I met jules before the show, and we had some great times during the week-end. I think everybody knows it over there, but he's a super awesome guy!

Can't wait for the next time.
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: black stallion on May 14, 2013, 02:40:11 PM
super review,thanks!
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: The Bloated Pope on May 14, 2013, 04:47:18 PM
Quote from: Zorn on May 14, 2013, 02:35:45 PM
Lividity was just tremendous; I wanted to kill the guy who shouted "REVOLVE" during the fucking music lesson they were giving.
Oh yeah me too, Coady and Dale were very brave to stand up like this during a so long time  :lol:
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: tottel on May 15, 2013, 03:39:08 AM
Quote from: The Bloated Pope on May 14, 2013, 04:47:18 PM
Quote from: Zorn on May 14, 2013, 02:35:45 PM
Lividity was just tremendous; I wanted to kill the guy who shouted "REVOLVE" during the fucking music lesson they were giving.
Oh yeah me too, Coady and Dale were very brave to stand up like this during a so long time  :lol:


Oh, yeah.... I luckily forgot about that guy, until now. But the biggest asshole of all was the one to destroy the trance of the song completely for me by shouting "Musique!" in the middle of it all.

Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Hot Pants on May 15, 2013, 05:58:34 AM
wow. sounds like a couple of great nights. im jealous!

(sucks about attention whores having to ruing the moment for everyone. fucking hate those people. just shut up and stay off the stage idiots.)
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: jules on May 15, 2013, 06:06:56 AM
Quote from: Hot Pants on May 15, 2013, 05:58:34 AM
wow. sounds like a couple of great nights. im jealous!

(sucks about attention whores having to ruing the moment for everyone. fucking hate those people. just shut up and stay off the stage idiots.)
Generally it was only during Houdini that the over-excitement happened. I was really happy that for the rest of the three sets (especially on the second night) people were quiet during the quiet parts. And there were some pretty long quiet parts. I can't imagine that level of audience control happening everywhere, especially in countries where the beer's cheaper.
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Helen83 on May 15, 2013, 07:19:09 AM
Quote from: jules on May 13, 2013, 04:48:29 PM
Quote from: Helen83 on May 13, 2013, 04:36:12 PM
Are they selling Everyone Loves Bangers at the shows yet???
They're not selling anything, old chap.

OH!!!!

In that case I'm not coming down to London.

I was only coming down for the friggin wee moose chessebuger shirts. :cheers:
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: buddy holiday on May 15, 2013, 07:20:45 AM
berlin had the same during "lividity"... screams like "start playing" or "abgefahren" and so on...
buzz sang during lividity repeatedly "how does it feel, redneck?"... he was building it up, getting louder and louder... i thought that was maybe a spontaneous reaction to the stupid screamers...
did he sing that too in paris?

now, after 1 week (i am still amazed), if I had to settle for one highlight per set that would be...
hogleg - joan of arc - if i had an exorcism - magic pig detective
not considering single songs, the 3 short songs from eggnog were a blast (especially right after the crushing slow charmicarmicat/hb/rdb)!
also honey bucket -> night goat -> lizzy -> going blind -> joan of arc almost killed me...
bullhead... really all of it. it felt like it was over in a blink of a moment...
stoner witch... roadbull is still ringing in my head  :D
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Zorn on May 15, 2013, 11:36:36 AM
I don't remember any singing during Lividity in Paris, only talented guitar part, but I may have missed something. Besides the two guys who shouted, it was pretty quiet.
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Smash the State on May 16, 2013, 05:48:18 AM
Quote from: tottel on May 14, 2013, 06:34:55 AM
Quote from: Oscar on May 14, 2013, 06:12:46 AM
Full show proshot

http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/The_Melvins_Villette_Sonique_trabendo/ (http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/The_Melvins_Villette_Sonique_trabendo/)


OH YES!!! Thanks!!!


Where is the second show? I remember it was filmed too...
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Zorn on May 16, 2013, 08:12:09 AM
Not by Arte I think. Here's the end of Boris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y3M2J4MFwvo# (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y3M2J4MFwvo#)
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: tottel on May 18, 2013, 09:33:24 AM
Quote from: Oscar on May 14, 2013, 06:12:46 AM
Full show proshot

http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/The_Melvins_Villette_Sonique_trabendo/ (http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/The_Melvins_Villette_Sonique_trabendo/)

Does anyone out there has an idea of how to download this from the website? I've tried several add-ons in Firefox but nothing works. I REALLY would like to keep this moving memory onto my computer as this will disappear in 179 days and 8 hours....I know, still lots of time to figure out how.... but still.
If anyone knows how to, please let me know!
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: Salvador on May 19, 2013, 12:44:33 PM
Quote from: tottel on May 18, 2013, 09:33:24 AMDoes anyone out there has an idea of how to download this from the website?
http://we.tl/f0FlvixFQS (http://we.tl/f0FlvixFQS)
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: tottel on May 19, 2013, 01:01:41 PM
Quote from: Salvador on May 19, 2013, 12:44:33 PM
Quote from: tottel on May 18, 2013, 09:33:24 AMDoes anyone out there has an idea of how to download this from the website?
http://we.tl/f0FlvixFQS (http://we.tl/f0FlvixFQS)

AWESOME! Thanks!
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: tottel on July 18, 2013, 12:39:32 PM
Photos, day 1: http://www.photosconcerts.com/the-melvins-paris-trabendo-2013-05-10-villette-sonique-6877 (http://www.photosconcerts.com/the-melvins-paris-trabendo-2013-05-10-villette-sonique-6877)
day 2: http://www.photosconcerts.com/the-melvins-paris-trabendo-2013-05-11-villette-sonique-6878 (http://www.photosconcerts.com/the-melvins-paris-trabendo-2013-05-11-villette-sonique-6878)

and so more....
http://www.djil.fr/lives/2013-05-10-the-melvins-paris-trabendo/ (http://www.djil.fr/lives/2013-05-10-the-melvins-paris-trabendo/)
http://www.adnsound.com/the-melvins-live-le-trabendo-11-05-2013-33017 (http://www.adnsound.com/the-melvins-live-le-trabendo-11-05-2013-33017)
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: conor23 on January 07, 2015, 08:57:01 PM
Does anyone still have the Arte video to download from anywhere? The download at the link is no longer available. I actually went to the night they filmed so I'd love to have the video.
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: fortysixand2 on January 08, 2015, 09:40:55 AM
Quote from: conor23 on January 07, 2015, 08:57:01 PM
Does anyone still have the Arte video to download from anywhere? The download at the link is no longer available. I actually went to the night they filmed so I'd love to have the video.
It's on Dimeadozen.org
www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=450897
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: conor23 on January 12, 2015, 09:58:45 PM
much appreciated but it appears I can't get a login for that site and can't find the torrent elsewhere, any other download options?
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: fortysixand2 on January 13, 2015, 05:32:57 PM
Quote from: conor23 on January 12, 2015, 09:58:45 PM
much appreciated but it appears I can't get a login for that site and can't find the torrent elsewhere, any other download options?
I got you.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rb2ykdiz2vop4y3/The_Melvins_Le_Trabendo_Paris_May_2013.flv
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 13, 2015, 06:00:47 PM
Quote from: fortysixand2 on January 13, 2015, 05:32:57 PM
Quote from: conor23 on January 12, 2015, 09:58:45 PM
much appreciated but it appears I can't get a login for that site and can't find the torrent elsewhere, any other download options?
I got you.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rb2ykdiz2vop4y3/The_Melvins_Le_Trabendo_Paris_May_2013.flv
Thanks!
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: conor23 on January 15, 2015, 02:30:03 PM
Thanks a ton! I was so upset that it was not available on the Arte site anymore.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: buddy holiday on January 24, 2015, 06:32:19 PM
paris stinks like onse one else.
no one !
Title: Re: Paris Residency Shows, 05/10-11/2013
Post by: buddy holiday on January 24, 2015, 06:38:12 PM
i still like paris better than a lot of you