themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Show Reviews => Topic started by: dshaw on September 22, 2004, 06:05:41 PM

Title: Ground Zero 9/21/04
Post by: dshaw on September 22, 2004, 06:05:41 PM
I had a great time. I was able to sit on the edge of the stage right below Buzz. The setlist was a very nice one, and very good to hear two songs off of Pigs. I could have done without all the moshing, but it comes with being right up front. Trevor Dunn was cool and sounded very good. Anyone who got some good photos post them on the site.
Title: Ground Zero 9/21/04
Post by: RockStarVixen on September 23, 2004, 10:38:46 AM
This was the best times I have had at GZ - everyone kicked ass on stage and was super nice.  It was a blast hanging out with Trevor and his bandmates after the show.  Chris Cook took some killer shots of both bands....here is the link:
http://chriscook.myphotos.cc/

I got some killer shots as well, but mine will not be scanned in until Saturday....I'll post them as soon as I can.......

Again - it was one of the best shows I have EVER seen at GZ!!!!!!! I hope The Melvins come back SOON.
Title: Chris Cook Photos
Post by: dshaw on September 23, 2004, 11:17:52 AM
Those were some incredible shots. I remember seeing him taking photos. A superb visual documentation of one of the best shows! Now if I could only see TOOL that close up in such a small venue, my lifes purpose would be complete. Thanks for the link....many thanks!
Title: Ground Zero 9/21/04
Post by: klump on September 23, 2004, 03:45:28 PM
those pics were <DAS BOOOOMB!> :D thanks!
Title: Ground Zero 9/21/04
Post by: ___-----_____------_____ on September 23, 2004, 07:56:12 PM
Quote from: RockStarVixenThis was the best times I have had at GZ - everyone kick ass on stage and was super nice.  It was a blast hanging out with Trevor and his bandmates after the show.  Chris Cook took some killer shots of both bands....here is the link:
http://chriscook.myphotos.cc/

I got some killer shots as well, but mine will not be scanned in until Saturday....I'll post them as soon as I can.......

Again - it was one of the best shows I have EVER seen at GZ!!!!!!! I hope The Melvins come back SOON.

*I love this photo...

http://iamjt.com/chriscook/displayimage.php?album=128&pos=17
Title: Ground Zero 9/21/04
Post by: participant on September 24, 2004, 04:44:21 PM
Those pictures are unusually good!  Especially the ones of Kevin's and Buzz's hands.
Title: Ground Zero 9/21/04
Post by: klump on September 25, 2004, 03:19:58 AM
hairy hands, hehe.
dei arr ril men!
Title: Ground Zero 9/21/04
Post by: RockStarVixen on September 26, 2004, 06:11:50 PM
here is the link to the pictures I took, some suck, some are good, others are just wacky:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rockstar_vixen/album?.dir=/2792


I wish I would have gotten more film!
Title: Ground Zero 9/21/04
Post by: The Fool on November 17, 2004, 08:24:06 PM
thank you!!!! those pics of trio convulsant are amazing  8)

i hadn't seen mary halvorson until those photos, but i had no idea she'd be so cute as well as such an amazing guitarist!
Title: Ground Zero 9/21/04
Post by: nerker on November 20, 2004, 08:11:49 PM
those are great fotos.

Ground Zero kicks ass.
I just played there for the first time in Oct.
Mick is super cool and we skated that rickety ass half-pipe out back too. I actually left some elbow skin there.
And that throne shitter is sweet.
We played with Tubring it was Wed Oct 20 i believe.