This guy needs a thread dedicated to his work specifically.
I found a cache of great ones I just had to post!
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/1.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/2.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/3.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/4.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/5.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/6.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/7.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/8.jpg)
Quote from: anaconda on July 03, 2013, 09:16:33 PM
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/3.jpg)
Wow awesome :shock:
He's been out-doing himself lately. The Shining related posters have been some of my favorites.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1271_10201409270175110_2046147180_n.jpg)
stacking up for tour
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/994217_10201493973212633_540325760_n.jpg)
Wow! He's gonna make a killing! and good for him!
I never seen these and they is fuckin AWESOME!
Walsssbyyyyy!!!!!
That first one is by far the most hilarious...Buzzojuice!!! goood shit! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I would watch that movie a thousand times. 8)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/1011410_10201504121426332_1251051956_n.jpg)
i love Walsby's style
He's been on fire lately.... Such good stuff.
Nicest guy too
holy shit @ that Bitches Brew one! aweeeesome.
I like the Walk Among Us one that Dan_Halen picked up last year. I shoulda grabbed that for myself!
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/zepwalsby.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/germswalsby.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/devowalsby.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsby/threatwalsby.jpg)
My friend picked this one up at the Cincinnati show.
(http://i.imgur.com/E08Q6SI.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMAG0141-1.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/1349670538765-1.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/1349670143427-1.jpg)
Quote from: homeless_dad on July 04, 2013, 02:49:16 AM
He's been out-doing himself lately. The Shining related posters have been some of my favorites.
Need to see! Do you have pics of those? Loving these posters
He (Walsby) has Buzz's eyebrows and hair down perfectly!
Here's some more, I think these are all from his facebook page:
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/197675_517325901648185_257416016_n.jpg)
(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/945274_523255221055253_1680035506_n.jpg)
(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/923315_517908558256586_152700425_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/431934_517250038322438_278090142_n.jpg)
(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/486885_520267904687318_1275078387_n.jpg)
(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/p480x480/600828_517927718254670_893788611_n.jpg)
(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/971307_520268594687249_1382958471_n.jpg)
(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/945837_517907658256676_1093380192_n.jpg)
(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/934887_517199414994167_1087337924_n.jpg)
those last two are brilliant, and the Ramones one! ha Buzzy Ramone
has he done the Melvins as KISS ever??
Here ya go Cow
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_184847.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_184927.jpg)
and some honorable mentions...
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_185000.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_185113.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_185140.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_185218.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_185254.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_185430.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_185511.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_185804.jpg)
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_185412.jpg)
brilliant! every one of them! the guy could make a killing doing storyboards
Quote from: anaconda on July 09, 2013, 09:29:46 PM
those last two are brilliant, and the Ramones one! ha Buzzy Ramone
has he done the Melvins as KISS ever??
This may be the only one.
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130709_212641.jpg)
A Melvins Destroyer parody would be great!
(http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/43/zsaw.jpg) (http://imageshack.com/i/17zsawj/)Uploaded with ImageShack.com (http://imageshack.com)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/rf1.jpg)
(http://thesickos.free.fr/rf2jpg.jpg)
Anybody got a bigger version of The Idiot?
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/44784_532742006779939_1024406540_n.jpg)
The movie posters are brilliant, I'm just a little bit tired of the punk references and the repetitive Sabbath bashing.
Has he done a Led Zep IV sleeve with Buzz carrying a bag of sticks on his back?
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130726_084543.jpg)
HAHAHA!
:lol:
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1012017_550910608289714_1742706357_n.jpg)
Want.
wonder how much they went for?
Love his work and try to pick one up at every show.
He also took requests after the 50/50 tour and I got him to make me a pretty sweet Satan Is Real Melvins lite one, I'll try to post a pic later.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/r90/s720x720/943673_10201677318476150_1212336851_n.jpg)
(http://www.audiophileusa.com/covers400water/1314.jpg)
I'd buy a shirt with this one Melvin-ized.
I got this one from Walsby, couldn't resist considering it combines three of my favorite things
(http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/images/thumb/b/bf/Walsby-BaseballAgain.jpg/628px-Walsby-BaseballAgain.jpg)
Black Flag - "Jealous Again" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A0dLcWzUCo#ws)
(http://24.media.tumblr.com/8f3f94cc9c3bd89db655a289c2fe4dd6/tumblr_mphbc1TvvC1r9dsg6o1_500.jpg)
these are from 7-30-13 in Hartford. got to hang out and chat with Brian before the show, really nice guy. they asked him to come and set up at 1PM for an 8PM show for some reason.
i bought my first Walsby at that show (Breaking Away parody seen on the last page here). got a nice frame for it the next day.
[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: homeless_dad on July 26, 2013, 10:48:45 AM
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130726_084543.jpg)
I bought this one at the Boston show, along with the one with the band as the fat albert gang. :)
Unoriginal.
How difficult is it to add or substitute the band into every subject under the sun?
Creepy plagiarism & thieving history
(http://grumpyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/emperor-Grumpy.jpg)
(http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag114/IggyPip/hatergonnaheather2_fullpic_zpsae7fc2bf.jpg)
^1.You know what they say about opinions.
2. A fool & his money are soon parted.
My ignore list just keeps on growing!
I like you Buick, but what an ignorant comment. Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.
Sure he's referencing stuff that already exists but I think his strength is being able to
parody and pay homage to those things we've all seen a million times with nothing more
than a piece of paper, his markers and an unbridled imagination. Not many people can do
that and make a living at it, like he continues to do.
Quote from: Buick on August 03, 2013, 07:18:19 PM
How difficult is it to add or substitute the band into every subject under the sun?
Yeah, I do that kind of art work all the time. Walsby's a hack.
and when is Buzz quitting the Melvins so they can be good again for the first time? [-(
Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
I like you Buick
You're a good man, Conda.
Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
I like you Buick, but what an ignorant comment. Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.
Sure he's referencing stuff that already exists but I think his strength is being able to
parody and pay homage to those things we've all seen a million times with nothing more
than a piece of paper, his markers and an unbridled imagination. Not many people can do
that and make a living at it, like he continues to do.
=D>
I got this one at the Boston show. Freakin love it
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/73452_543089785738983_182244807_n.jpg)
Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
I like you Buick, but what an ignorant comment. Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.
Sure he's referencing stuff that already exists but I think his strength is being able to
parody and pay homage to those things we've all seen a million times with nothing more
than a piece of paper, his markers and an unbridled imagination. Not many people can do
that and make a living at it, like he continues to do.
Hiya 'conda.
I respect your opinion, & I'm good w/ agreeing to disagree. I'm simply not a fan of the reluctant king's current lazy shtick. I'm surrounded by similar images monthly, thanks to two coworkers. I respect the talent, but not the rehashed, repetitive process. To each his own & kudos to Wals if hoarding fan boys are lining his pocket$.
Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.
Pardon my hesitation in believing that. If it's true I'm beyond impressed.
Quote from: Buick on August 04, 2013, 11:38:28 AM
Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
I like you Buick, but what an ignorant comment. Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.
Sure he's referencing stuff that already exists but I think his strength is being able to
parody and pay homage to those things we've all seen a million times with nothing more
than a piece of paper, his markers and an unbridled imagination. Not many people can do
that and make a living at it, like he continues to do.
Hiya 'conda.
I respect your opinion, & I'm good w/ agreeing to disagree. I'm simply not a fan of the reluctant king's current lazy shtick. I'm surrounded by similar images monthly, thanks to two coworkers. I respect the talent, but not the rehashed, repetitive process. To each his own & kudos to Wals if hoarding fan boys are lining his pocket$.
Thats a little on the Cynical Side...whats eatin you anyway man.. :?
8)
(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00617_zps32b420ac.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00617_zps32b420ac.jpg.html)
Quote from: jules on August 05, 2013, 10:42:45 AM
8)
(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/DSC00617_zps32b420ac.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/DSC00617_zps32b420ac.jpg.html)
I was REALLY hoping to grab some of those at the Boston show. Asked Brian directly.. No Luck.
The Coady face is my favorite!
a couple more from Boston:
(http://photos.tinnitus-photography.com/img/s10/v109/p1773384692-5.jpg)
OMG! That Candy-O! HAHAHAHA!!
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130806_094009.jpg)
Quote from: Buick on August 04, 2013, 11:38:28 AM
Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
I like you Buick, but what an ignorant comment. Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.
Sure he's referencing stuff that already exists but I think his strength is being able to
parody and pay homage to those things we've all seen a million times with nothing more
than a piece of paper, his markers and an unbridled imagination. Not many people can do
that and make a living at it, like he continues to do.
Hiya 'conda.
I respect your opinion, & I'm good w/ agreeing to disagree. I'm simply not a fan of the reluctant king's current lazy shtick. I'm surrounded by similar images monthly, thanks to two coworkers. I respect the talent, but not the rehashed, repetitive process. To each his own & kudos to Wals if hoarding fan boys are lining his pocket$.
Sounds more like a problem with your job? Get different co-workers.
Sherman and Peabody is great.
Dale as Ray Manzarek! Buzz as Robby Krieger! Brilliant!!!
(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Lysurgeon/54982910-d024-407f-b3c0-90b0ec5b245b_zps4136a0d8.jpg)
(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Lysurgeon/IMG_0111_zpsf331c0e7.jpg)
Quote from: anaconda on August 19, 2013, 08:50:10 PM
Dale as Ray Manzarek! Buzz as Robby Krieger! Brilliant!!!
(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Lysurgeon/54982910-d024-407f-b3c0-90b0ec5b245b_zps4136a0d8.jpg)
(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Lysurgeon/IMG_0111_zpsf331c0e7.jpg)
p.s. Coady makes a great Lizard King!
(http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1694/sj0d.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/sj0d.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
(http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6108/z623.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/z623.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
(http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/166/thc5.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/thc5.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
These are the 3 I got from the 51/51 tour last year
(http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6301/z19l.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/z19l.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
(http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7872/f0qo.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/f0qo.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
(http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4152/5qby.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/5qby.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
(http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2628/mhw5.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/mhw5.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
(http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3811/9gsy.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/9gsy.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
(http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4131/9n4k.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/9n4k.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
I went a little crazy and bought all of these at the 2nd Neumos show in Seattle
The Novoselic one cracks me up!!
If you ever want to sell the hot rats one I'd be willing.
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsbybuzzbanana.jpg)
Quote from: anaconda on August 26, 2013, 08:07:57 PM
(http://thesickos.free.fr/walsbybuzzbanana.jpg)
The Melglens :P
:banana:
my thought exactly!
Love this one! :lol:
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/540699_546572778723497_2092999717_n.jpg)
:lol:
looks like Walsby read the Miles bio! Miles hated the white man! :(
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on August 31, 2013, 07:54:30 PM
Love this one! :lol:
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/540699_546572778723497_2092999717_n.jpg)
This rules..
Quote from: anaconda on September 01, 2013, 01:14:27 AM
looks like Walsby read the Miles bio! Miles hated the white man! :(
The Miles bio is a pretty amazing read. I love the part where he is with Charlie Parker in the back of a cab. Bird is eating fried chicken while a female is "Servicing" him. He turns to Miles and asks "Is this bothering you?" then tells him to turn away and look out the window :lol:
A personal request for Walsby to do. Turned out great.
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/ryanswen/IMG_20130926_060526.jpg)
I noticed he's taking requests again for those interested.
very nice!
He should do the cover of the Residents Duck Stab but with Dale on the cover and call it Dale Stab or something like that.
The first Mad magazine cover could be fun
(http://i.imgur.com/VC8mUGV.png)
Quote from: Tobias on August 26, 2013, 12:11:56 PM
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
(http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6108/z623.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/z623.jpg/)
from the 51/51 tour last year
touche