themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Show Reviews => Topic started by: Idlehanz on August 17, 2013, 02:24:12 AM

Title: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: Idlehanz on August 17, 2013, 02:24:12 AM
Great show. First time seeing Honkey and the blew me away. They brought a friend out for a few songs. I don't recall his name, but he played some sort of fantastic looking les Paul and a banjo. Melvins were what they always are. Completely unparralled.

The usual suspects were all there. I didn't visit to much, I've felt like shit all day and I almost didn't go. I did see a guy whose name I don't recall get kicked out. I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd melvins show I've seen him get booted from. He might have seen a whole set if you put all 3 shows together. Nothingtothenotice might have a little more info.

Great night, I just wish I had felt better. Maybe tomorrow.

I just realized I typed all this and its in tomorrow's thread. Can a mod move it to the 16th thread? I can't, I'm on a dumbphone.
Title: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on August 17, 2013, 05:06:49 AM
Was that guy that kicked out that heavy set dude that got tossed out of the Showbox on the 51 in 51 tour? i remember that from when i was down there
Title: Re: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: John Schuller on August 17, 2013, 06:43:46 AM
The guy who played with Honky is Danny Barnes (Bad Livers, Bill Frisell). Used to live in Texas and now lives in Washington.

The show was stellar. Honky ruled. Melvins ruled.

Cannot wait for tomorrow and then Pioneertown !!!
Title: Re: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: GrimReaper on August 17, 2013, 08:45:22 AM
Need to get vehicle
Beer kept leaving the can and then he got tossed
Title: Re: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 17, 2013, 09:04:20 AM
Who?
Title: Re: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: anaconda on August 17, 2013, 09:11:34 AM
Bad Ronald??
Title: Re: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: jules on August 17, 2013, 09:22:43 AM
Quote from: anaconda on August 17, 2013, 09:11:34 AM
Bad Ronald??
:lol:

I was thinking Grays Harbor.
Title: Re: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: Idlehanz on August 17, 2013, 10:40:25 AM
Quote from: jules on August 17, 2013, 09:22:43 AM
Quote from: anaconda on August 17, 2013, 09:11:34 AM
Bad Ronald??
:lol:

I was thinking Grays Harbor.
No, neither of them. I don't know his name, and I don't think he frequents the board.
Title: Re: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: Torsiondrummer on August 17, 2013, 02:23:03 PM
Any tickets for tonight? Still need just one! Longtime fan Eric
Title: Re: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: Idlehanz on August 17, 2013, 02:40:29 PM
Signage last night said both nights were sold out. Sorry man.
Title: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: nothintothenotice on August 17, 2013, 05:48:06 PM
Idle is correct.  Third show he has been booted. (the residency show he never even got in).  Killer show. Nailed a slut.  I'm pretty much dying right now.  Grimm was awesome as always. Good to see you fuckers again.
Title: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: Idlehanz on August 17, 2013, 07:32:51 PM
Is he going to get kicked out tonight too :P?
Title: Re: Seattle August 16 30th Anniversary Tour
Post by: Tobias on August 19, 2013, 01:45:48 AM
Mark Arm and his wife were standing right next to me towards the end of The Melvins. I was hoping on either of the nights if he was gonna hop on stage and do Set It On Fire with them, but it never happened :(