themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: tinnitus photo on October 08, 2013, 04:48:13 PM

Title: Hate Song
Post by: tinnitus photo on October 08, 2013, 04:48:13 PM
The Melvins definitely need to get involved in this:
http://www.avclub.com/features/hatesong/ (http://www.avclub.com/features/hatesong/)


I'm gonna make that suggestion to their publicist.
Title: Re: Hate Song
Post by: GrimReaper on October 09, 2013, 01:43:54 PM

I'd like to see the Melvins stay out of this sort of negativity. None of those are very funny. Yow's is pathetic, as is Matt Pike's. Two dudes I admire.
Title: Re: Hate Song
Post by: deatheats on October 09, 2013, 01:50:36 PM
I think Buzz would be a perfect candidate for this...mostly because his style of humor would fit in.
It only makes sense if you truly hate a song, if you simply come up with a song because you have to it wouldn't have as much edge to it.
Title: Re: Hate Song
Post by: tinnitus photo on October 10, 2013, 08:59:56 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on October 09, 2013, 01:43:54 PM

I'd like to see the Melvins stay out of this sort of negativity. None of those are very funny. Yow's is pathetic, as is Matt Pike's. Two dudes I admire.

c'mon...i thought Pike's was hilarious. Dean Ween's pretty awesome w/ his entry too.


but you are right...it's not gonna happen.
Title: Re: Hate Song
Post by: dead mike on October 10, 2013, 03:32:53 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on October 09, 2013, 01:43:54 PM

I'd like to see the Melvins stay out of this sort of negativity. None of those are very funny. Yow's is pathetic, as is Matt Pike's. Two dudes I admire.
Conversely, it would be pretty entertaining to read why Courtney Love hates "Sky Pup."
Title: Re: Hate Song
Post by: Satchel Paige on October 11, 2013, 10:02:18 AM
Quote from: dead mike on October 10, 2013, 03:32:53 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on October 09, 2013, 01:43:54 PM

I'd like to see the Melvins stay out of this sort of negativity. None of those are very funny. Yow's is pathetic, as is Matt Pike's. Two dudes I admire.
Conversely, it would be pretty entertaining to read why Courtney Love hates "Sky Pup."

"And the stupid fucking SMELLvins didn't give Kurt any credit, and he did ALL the guitars. Buzz and Dale are just money hungry losers."
Title: Re: Hate Song
Post by: Zorn on October 11, 2013, 12:44:18 PM
Quote from: Satchel Paige on October 11, 2013, 10:02:18 AM
Quote from: dead mike on October 10, 2013, 03:32:53 PM
Conversely, it would be pretty entertaining to read why Courtney Love hates "Sky Pup."

"And the stupid fucking SMELLvins didn't give Kurt any credit, and he did ALL the guitars. Buzz and Dale are just money hungry losers."

So if I get it right, this is about a girl who hates a song because she couldn't steal her husband's royalties for something she hasn't even done, and calls the other part money hungry losers? :-s
Title: Re: Hate Song
Post by: deatheats on October 11, 2013, 03:19:38 PM
I think Satchel was just emulating what he thought Courtney would say...but he was close enough to the truth that he fooled you :)
Title: Re: Hate Song
Post by: Zorn on October 12, 2013, 11:46:18 AM
Totally right  :D But still I think it really makes sense!