themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: jules on May 12, 2015, 08:42:44 AM

Title: Hard-Ons Empty Box
Post by: jules on May 12, 2015, 08:42:44 AM
What is it? International Empty Box week?

The Hard-Ons Empty Box just arrived for the four Hard-Ons 30th Anniversary singles:

WER#25 The Necks (numbered edition of 296)
WER#26 Melvins (numbered edition of 306)
WER#27 Slight Slappers (numbered edition of 311)
WER#28 Neil Hamburger (numbered edition of 313)

A second pressing of the Melvins/Hard-Ons single is very likely in the works for anyone who missed it first time around.


(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/AKV126C001/DSC02040_zpspcroneln.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/AKV126C001/DSC02040_zpspcroneln.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Hard-Ons Empty Box
Post by: Garnz on May 12, 2015, 09:42:47 AM
I missed the box and #1 but #3 and #4 arrived in Germany yesterday, too. Nice art work!
Title: Re: Hard-Ons Empty Box
Post by: jules on May 12, 2015, 09:56:07 AM
Quote from: Garnz on May 12, 2015, 09:42:47 AM
I missed the box and #1 but #3 and #4 arrived in Germany yesterday, too. Nice art work!
"A couple of copies" of the full boxed set will also be made for sale soon. Keep your eye on http://weemptyrooms.bandcamp.com/merch or even, hopefully, here.
Title: Re: Hard-Ons Empty Box
Post by: meezer on May 12, 2015, 10:35:23 AM
Quote from: jules on May 12, 2015, 08:42:44 AM
What is it? International Empty Box week?


I don't know. Might ask these people.  :shock:

http://philosophy.princeton.edu/ (http://philosophy.princeton.edu/)
Title: Re: Hard-Ons Empty Box
Post by: Captain Howdy on May 14, 2015, 09:33:44 AM
Quote from: jules on May 12, 2015, 08:42:44 AM
What is it? International Empty Box week?

That sounds like the worst week ever.  :(


P.S. I like the idea of filling an empty box with a bunch of 7" Hard Ons.  :lol:
Title: Re: Hard-Ons Empty Box
Post by: Bigval on July 10, 2016, 07:44:37 AM
I thought this article might be on interest written by Dave Faulkner from the Hoodoo Gurus.

QuoteLegendary Hard-Ons guitarist Blackie is halfway through an epic project – he's releasing a new song every day of 2016.

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/2016/07/09/blackies-song-day-project/14679864003459
Title: Re: Hard-Ons Empty Box
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on July 10, 2016, 08:36:46 AM
I missed out on all there except the Melvins one. I still might pick up the Neil Hamburger one
Title: Re: Hard-Ons Empty Box
Post by: The Minneapolis Kid on July 20, 2016, 09:23:36 PM
Quote from: Bigval on July 10, 2016, 07:44:37 AM
I thought this article might be on interest written by Dave Faulkner from the Hoodoo Gurus.

QuoteLegendary Hard-Ons guitarist Blackie is halfway through an epic project – he's releasing a new song every day of 2016.

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/2016/07/09/blackies-song-day-project/14679864003459

:shock: Wow.
I'm really grateful that I was able to see The Hard-Ons, in Kansas of all places! They were great but it was so long ago it's hard remembering much. Anyone know how often they make it to the States?
Also is the Neil Hamburger one the Black Flag stuff or something different? I have the Black Flag one but the cover in the picture Jules posted is not the same. I'd really like to hear it.
Title: Re: Hard-Ons Empty Box
Post by: Buzzinthebox on July 27, 2016, 09:53:34 PM
I just saw the word box and now I'm here typing this message. I wish I had those boxes.