themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: 119 on May 16, 2015, 12:58:50 PM

Title: The Melvins and Professional Wrestling.
Post by: 119 on May 16, 2015, 12:58:50 PM
There is a developing resurgence of quality independent wrestling promotions such as Lucha Underground, New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor. I was wondering if there is anything out there that illustrates any members of the Melvins or the band itself expressing any interest in professional wrestling? The band seems tailor made for this niche entertainment as a band/promotion project. I bet they could make a killer entrance theme for a wrestler.
Title: Re: The Melvins and Professional Wrestling.
Post by: brian on May 16, 2015, 01:31:50 PM
I used to watch ECW back in the day on the local cable access channel, and their champion was called Raven and he often wore a Melvins shirt, no idea if he was a fan or if it was just a shtick though.

(http://www.theraveneffect.com/media/images/ecw/ecw59.jpg)
Title: Re: The Melvins and Professional Wrestling.
Post by: 119 on May 16, 2015, 06:27:45 PM
I didn't know that. That's cool.
Title: Re: The Melvins and Professional Wrestling.
Post by: Dumpster D on May 17, 2015, 03:11:31 AM
Looks Like a typical Melvins fan to me.  :lol:
Title: Re: The Melvins and Professional Wrestling.
Post by: (the) Razor on May 18, 2015, 04:36:42 AM
Not sure but Jared seems to be a wrestling fan. 

Quote from: Dumpster D on May 17, 2015, 03:11:31 AM
Looks Like a typical Melvins fan to me.  :lol:

:lol:
Title: Re: The Melvins and Professional Wrestling.
Post by: anaconda on May 19, 2015, 09:12:06 PM
Buzz did a brief stint in the Montreal circuit back in the day:

(http://thesickos.free.fr/buzz-wwe.png)
Title: Re: The Melvins and Professional Wrestling.
Post by: GiveMe45 on May 19, 2015, 10:55:10 PM
I got that shirt when they opened for White Dumbie in '95
Title: Re: The Melvins and Professional Wrestling.
Post by: anaconda on May 19, 2015, 11:40:14 PM
 :D
Title: Re: The Melvins and Professional Wrestling.
Post by: meezer on May 20, 2015, 07:26:52 AM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on May 19, 2015, 10:55:10 PM
I got that shirt when they opened for White Dumbie in '95
It looks white zombie inspired!  :shock: