themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Show Reviews => Topic started by: cheeseburger on November 01, 2004, 03:24:41 AM

Title: halloween show
Post by: cheeseburger on November 01, 2004, 03:24:41 AM
so i went...it was awesome. im glad i was there. too fucked up for a review, all i can say is that slims sucks!!
Title: halloween show
Post by: Binkard and Friends on November 01, 2004, 01:13:14 PM
who was the stand in bassist?
Title: Kevin's fill-in
Post by: Last Falls Butcher on November 01, 2004, 01:31:07 PM
Sir David Scott Stone himself.

Adam generously helped out on guitar too. BTW, I talked to Carmella (a friend of Adams) for a little while and she's going to be sending me pics from the show...or so she says. I'll post them ASAP if I get them.

Fucking amazing show. Makes me even more upset that I won't be able to see them till next year. Bah.
Title: halloween show
Post by: RichieGoodtimes on November 01, 2004, 02:47:21 PM
Jello and the Melvins were super fucking good. I really appreciate that Jello kept the talky talky down during the set so that they could just fucking play.
Title: halloween show
Post by: alnis on November 01, 2004, 06:24:16 PM
Is anyone going to make a recording available to the salivating public?

Alnis
Title: halloween show
Post by: balce on November 02, 2004, 06:49:29 PM
Does anyone happen to remember what time the show ended?  
Unfortunately, I had to leave at 12:30 a.m. to catch the last BART train home.   :x

Thanks, I really appreciate it!
Title: halloween show
Post by: cheeseburger on November 03, 2004, 04:53:26 PM
Quote from: balceDoes anyone happen to remember what time the show ended?  
Unfortunately, I had to leave at 12:30 a.m. to catch the last BART train home.   :x

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

1:00 or so.
Title: halloween show
Post by: TOOL on November 03, 2004, 05:30:14 PM
CHEESE,

What happened there, what did they play, and why does Slim's suck?
Title: halloween show
Post by: RichieGoodtimes on November 03, 2004, 07:05:31 PM
(http://img31.exs.cx/img31/2637/mosscrover.jpg)

Night before the show. Me, Moss, friend Becca and Dale at my birthday party. I thought Moss might show up but when he said friend from out of town I didn't suspect he was bringing Dale.

The show the next night was fucking awesome. Some Dead Kenedy's songs and stuff off that Jello/Melvins record. Super fucking good.

Mike Morasky was there but apparently I missed seeing him.

I'm Richie Goodtimes.
Title: Re: Kevin's fill-in
Post by: bullhead on November 03, 2004, 11:50:01 PM
Quote from: Last Falls ButcherSir David Scott Stone himself.

Adam generously helped out on guitar too. BTW, I talked to Carmella (a friend of Adams) for a little while and she's going to be sending me pics from the show...or so she says. I'll post them ASAP if I get them.

Fucking amazing show. Makes me even more upset that I won't be able to see them till next year. Bah.

do you mean Camella Grace (really long blonde hair)? if so, that's Adam's wife, and she's a professional photographer, so that'd be AWESOME   :D  :D
Title: halloween show
Post by: GrimReaper on November 11, 2004, 01:20:39 AM
Cheese,

Can you give me some feeling about how the Melvins were without Kevin?
Title: halloween show
Post by: Beto Brasil on November 11, 2004, 02:27:40 AM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimesI'm Richie Goodtimes.

good pic !! yeah ! :D
Title: halloween show
Post by: cheeseburger on November 11, 2004, 05:41:11 PM
Quote from: GrimReaperCheese,

Can you give me some feeling about how the Melvins were without Kevin?

they were great, but it did seem like something was missing. kevin has such a distinct stlye and sound, and that was very missed by me. but is was nice to see mr. stone again.

and as far as slims sucking, that was all personal. the set up is a death trap, and its owned by the same people who own great american music hall which is one of the best venues i've ever been to. but for some reason they started booking all the good shows at slims. the sound there is iffy aswell.
Title: halloween show
Post by: klump on November 12, 2004, 12:36:27 AM
pics??
Title: halloween show
Post by: morbitron on November 12, 2004, 06:47:52 AM
yeah where are the pics we were promised?!!?!?!?!
Title: halloween show
Post by: Huey P. Newton on November 12, 2004, 05:02:39 PM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes
I'm Richie Goodtimes.

Bwhhaaahaah, thats a great name.