themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Mecha Mummy Jr. on October 24, 2016, 06:25:47 PM

Title: Stage banter
Post by: Mecha Mummy Jr. on October 24, 2016, 06:25:47 PM
So, a while back I was hipped to the comp on Youtube of Paul Stanley's stage banter (I've heard there's a similar one from Cronos of Venom, never heard it though). Has anybody ever made something like this for Buzz? Buzz is often pretty funny (although sometimes he says nothing at all on stage, like he did when I saw them tour with Napalm Death).
Title: Re: Stage banter
Post by: (PAUL) on October 24, 2016, 07:58:21 PM
Look for the Cowboy 7", there's some stuff on there.
Title: Re: Stage banter
Post by: meezer on October 24, 2016, 10:51:23 PM
The Patton Story thread from 2 years ago is a goldmine of this stuff. I also pointed out their that the only times Buzz has spoken one word to the audience when I saw them were big tours for new albums where they played a buttload of songs. That would be 96, 99, 12. Plus his solo acoustic tour. Plus some riffing off of drunks who barge onstage during the set. In 2015 after the infamous "show us your dick" fiasco that ended Le Butcherettes set early, a total asshole stormed the stage and had a staredown with Buzz. The music stopped. The dick was escorted out. Since they were playing the Butthole Surfers song Moving To Florida at the time, Buzz started rambling in the accent he sang the song in "l can't remember the words. Where was I?". It was pretty hilarious.

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=19376.msg527669#msg527669 (http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=19376.msg527669#msg527669)
Title: Re: Stage banter
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 25, 2016, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: meezer on October 24, 2016, 10:51:23 PM
In 2015 after the infamous "show us your dick" fiasco that ended Le Butcherettes set early, a total asshole stormed the stage and had a staredown with Buzz. The music stopped. The dick was escorted out.

I didn't know that story, any more details about it?
Title: Re: Stage banter
Post by: ilduclo on October 25, 2016, 01:21:00 PM
Steve Albini will bullshit for half a show. Sounds like some old grampy with all them stories :lol:
Title: Re: Stage banter
Post by: (PAUL) on October 25, 2016, 04:07:24 PM
Tom Waits has quite a few stories that he tells live.
Title: Re: Stage banter
Post by: meezer on October 25, 2016, 04:32:10 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 25, 2016, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: meezer on October 24, 2016, 10:51:23 PM
In 2015 after the infamous "show us your dick" fiasco that ended Le Butcherettes set early, a total asshole stormed the stage and had a staredown with Buzz. The music stopped. The dick was escorted out.

I didn't know that story, any more details about it?
Here's the video. More explanation above, too.

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=20540.msg552264#msg552264 (http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=20540.msg552264#msg552264)
Title: Re: Stage banter
Post by: GiveMe45 on October 25, 2016, 07:31:51 PM
"You know what the best thing is about quitting heroin?  Nothing!" - Blind Marky Felchtone of Zeke