http://www.thevinylguide.com/episodes/2017/2/20/ep067-buzz-osborne-of-melvins-fantomas-crystal-fairy
This is a podcast about vinyl and Buzz continues to bash it for listening purposes. Millennial alert: it's an hour long.
Found and listened to the interview this morning. The usual Buzzo fair. I do like when Buzz criticizes vinyl though, it matches my own thoughts on the matter. In this day and age a completely pointless medium listening wise.
As an aside, god are podcasts annoying. The modern equivalent of radio with their "coming right up next" but then 20 minutes later you are still waiting. Same goes (although it wasn't on this particular one) with the stupid banter. Oh well, at least unlike radio you can skip past the waffle.
Jogging memories regarding the 8-Track, I found these quotes elsewhere:
"The actual recording is a bootleg done by Matt with a recordable Mini-Disk man and a stereo mic, but the 8-track was released with permission by the Melvins."
"Recorded live at Slims with a Mini-Disk man and a stereo microphone, then carefully converted from digital to 8 track for the highest in fidelity sound!! The MELVINS sold the first 50 on their "2x4 Tour" 2000 for $25, the rest are floating around somewhere!!"
Quote from: jules on February 22, 2017, 10:29:16 AM
Jogging memories regarding the 8-Track, I found these quotes elsewhere:
"The actual recording is a bootleg done by Matt with a recordable Mini-Disk man and a stereo mic, but the 8-track was released with permission by the Melvins."
"Recorded live at Slims with a Mini-Disk man and a stereo microphone, then carefully converted from digital to 8 track for the highest in fidelity sound!! The MELVINS sold the first 50 on their "2x4 Tour" 2000 for $25, the rest are floating around somewhere!!"
damn, i was hoping diehards will drop their 8track for $9.99 buy it now after the comments made by buzzo!
Here's another podcast! Dale this time.
http://www.culturecreature.com/dale-crover-interview-crystal-fairy/
Quote from: ))))(((( on February 22, 2017, 10:26:13 AM
Found and listened to the interview this morning. The usual Buzzo fair. I do like when Buzz criticizes vinyl though, it matches my own thoughts on the matter. In this day and age a completely pointless medium listening wise.
As an aside, god are podcasts annoying. The modern equivalent of radio with their "coming right up next" but then 20 minutes later you are still waiting. Same goes (although it wasn't on this particular one) with the stupid banter. Oh well, at least unlike radio you can skip past the waffle.
Naw, vinyl sounds great when you listen to it on high-end hi-fi equipment. (clean record, high end needle, killer stereo, great speakers). If you listen to it on subpar equipment, yeah, it can stink. CDs sound great too, but records have a bad rap, I think mainly because of the quality of the vinyl and needle used.
I agree, I hate listening to podcasts, and I'm not a millennial. Most of the time the site is cluttered with crap and you can't just stream it easily. I just can't be bothered with downloading a podcast. Besides, it's usually some host who likes to hear himself talk, and they always drag out 5 minutes of content to a 20 minute segment. Just give me good artist interviews in print, thanks. 8)
The guy doing this podcast is about as cheesy as they come. He's had some good interviews. The way he says "well haaayyyy everyone" pissed me off more than Id like to admit. I do listen to it on a regular basis though, I'm a truck driver so podcast are a life saver for me. Literally. They keep me awake on long nights haha. Has anyone heard the one Buzz did with Jamey jasta. It's pretty funny. Buzz is giving short answers during the while thing. You could tell he wasnt really into it. Something was just off the whole time.
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 22, 2017, 04:16:22 PM
I agree, I hate listening to podcasts, and I'm not a millennial. Most of the time the site is cluttered with crap and you can't just stream it easily. I just can't be bothered with downloading a podcast. Besides, it's usually some host who likes to hear himself talk, and they always drag out 5 minutes of content to a 20 minute segment. Just give me good artist interviews in print, thanks. 8)
I'm not normally a podcast person either but being a lover of horror movies I recently came across an interview with Gary J. Tunnicliffe who was the makeup artist on most of the Hellraiser movies and the writer/director of the soon to be released new Hellraiser movie and this guy could certainly tell a story.
Rather than a straight interview format if the host allows the guest to talk uninterrupted for say 10-15 minutes at a time it's pretty cool. It probably be helped though that Tunnicliffe has had such an interesting career in the movie industry and had some really nice things to say about Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha from Vikings) and Johnny Depp also. He's turning his attention now to his first love singing fronting a glam rock/metal band and says his range is equal to his idol Rob Halford.
The podcast went for 3:10:00 and although I didn't make it to the end I did listen to 2:55:00 of it though such a fascinating guy so if the subject matter is there and the interviewer understands it's not about them even a 3 hour long interview can be interesting.
Quote from: dirtmerchant on February 22, 2017, 05:00:28 PM
The guy doing this podcast is about as cheesy as they come.
I didn't think he was that bad. I've listened to some podcasts before that are just infuriating with how stupid and childish the host/s are.
Quote from: buddy holiday on February 22, 2017, 10:39:19 AM
Quote from: jules on February 22, 2017, 10:29:16 AM
Jogging memories regarding the 8-Track, I found these quotes elsewhere:
"The actual recording is a bootleg done by Matt with a recordable Mini-Disk man and a stereo mic, but the 8-track was released with permission by the Melvins."
"Recorded live at Slims with a Mini-Disk man and a stereo microphone, then carefully converted from digital to 8 track for the highest in fidelity sound!! The MELVINS sold the first 50 on their "2x4 Tour" 2000 for $25, the rest are floating around somewhere!!"
damn, i was hoping diehards will drop their 8track for $9.99 buy it now after the comments made by buzzo!
What did he say?
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 23, 2017, 05:17:37 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on February 22, 2017, 10:39:19 AM
Quote from: jules on February 22, 2017, 10:29:16 AM
Jogging memories regarding the 8-Track, I found these quotes elsewhere:
"The actual recording is a bootleg done by Matt with a recordable Mini-Disk man and a stereo mic, but the 8-track was released with permission by the Melvins."
"Recorded live at Slims with a Mini-Disk man and a stereo microphone, then carefully converted from digital to 8 track for the highest in fidelity sound!! The MELVINS sold the first 50 on their "2x4 Tour" 2000 for $25, the rest are floating around somewhere!!"
damn, i was hoping diehards will drop their 8track for $9.99 buy it now after the comments made by buzzo!
What did he say?
relatively early in the interview buzz mentioned that he does not like bootlegs. counterfeit albums of course but also boots of live shows. a bit later in the interview he was asked about the 8track melvins released and buzz was immediatly saying that this was a bootleg mentioning that artwork that would not be melvins standard etc. but buzz also mentioned that he might be wrong on that one...
Yeah, you could kind of hear the wheels in his head grinding as a memory arose that he may have OKed this release.
Quote from: Bigval on February 22, 2017, 06:56:20 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 22, 2017, 04:16:22 PM
I agree, I hate listening to podcasts, and I'm not a millennial. Most of the time the site is cluttered with crap and you can't just stream it easily. I just can't be bothered with downloading a podcast. Besides, it's usually some host who likes to hear himself talk, and they always drag out 5 minutes of content to a 20 minute segment. Just give me good artist interviews in print, thanks. 8)
I'm not normally a podcast person either but being a lover of horror movies I recently came across an interview with Gary J. Tunnicliffe who was the makeup artist on most of the Hellraiser movies and the writer/director of the soon to be released new Hellraiser movie and this guy could certainly tell a story.
Rather than a straight interview format if the host allows the guest to talk uninterrupted for say 10-15 minutes at a time it's pretty cool. It probably be helped though that Tunnicliffe has had such an interesting career in the movie industry and had some really nice things to say about Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha from Vikings) and Johnny Depp also. He's turning his attention now to his first love singing fronting a glam rock/metal band and says his range is equal to his idol Rob Halford.
The podcast went for 3:10:00 and although I didn't make it to the end I did listen to 2:55:00 of it though such a fascinating guy so if the subject matter is there and the interviewer understands it's not about them even a 3 hour long interview can be interesting.
can you link to that hellraiser podcast?
Quote from: ))))(((( on February 22, 2017, 10:26:13 AM
Found and listened to the interview this morning. The usual Buzzo fair. I do like when Buzz criticizes vinyl though, it matches my own thoughts on the matter. In this day and age a completely pointless medium listening wise.
If Buzz likes the CD format so much, why did he mess with the tracks on the Maggot?
Quote from: POOP GRENADE on February 24, 2017, 09:18:47 AM
If Buzz likes the CD format so much, why did he mess with the tracks on the Maggot?
Don't get me started!! That's another of my pet peeves about Melvins - one of their very best albums fooled about with via breaking up the tracks.
Quote from: ))))(((( on February 24, 2017, 11:02:45 AM
Quote from: POOP GRENADE on February 24, 2017, 09:18:47 AM
If Buzz likes the CD format so much, why did he mess with the tracks on the Maggot?
Don't get me started!! That's another of my pet peeves about Melvins - one of their very best albums fooled about with via breaking up the tracks.
That was designed to fuck with people. It worked!
Well no doubt but i also think it fucked with the album itself. It compromised it a little. I say a little because i usually just play it through from start to finish anyway so it doesn't matter. But it does make things awkward when you want to listen to a certain single song.
Quote from: ))))(((( on February 24, 2017, 11:08:59 AM
Well no doubt but i also think it fucked with the album itself. It compromised it a little. I say a little because i usually just play it through from start to finish anyway so it doesn't matter. But it does make things awkward when you want to listen to a certain single song.
that's nothing. The Roots numbered all their tracks on their albums in sequence for years. Album one - trks1-17, album two - trks 18 - 35 and so on. so freakin annoying! :x
Quote from: ))))(((( on February 24, 2017, 11:02:45 AM
Quote from: POOP GRENADE on February 24, 2017, 09:18:47 AM
If Buzz likes the CD format so much, why did he mess with the tracks on the Maggot?
Don't get me started!! That's another of my pet peeves about Melvins - one of their very best albums fooled about with via breaking up the tracks.
The Maggot is much easier to enjoy on vinyl. That's why I think Buzz may be contradicting his younger self by now saying he favors CDs. If it was a ploy back then to sell all of the limited LPs, that worked too!
Quote from: POOP GRENADE on February 24, 2017, 09:18:47 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on February 22, 2017, 10:26:13 AM
Found and listened to the interview this morning. The usual Buzzo fair. I do like when Buzz criticizes vinyl though, it matches my own thoughts on the matter. In this day and age a completely pointless medium listening wise.
If Buzz likes the CD format so much, why did he mess with the tracks on the Maggot?
why duz a dog lick it's balls
Quote from: johnnyg on February 24, 2017, 08:48:19 AM
Quote from: Bigval on February 22, 2017, 06:56:20 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 22, 2017, 04:16:22 PM
I agree, I hate listening to podcasts, and I'm not a millennial. Most of the time the site is cluttered with crap and you can't just stream it easily. I just can't be bothered with downloading a podcast. Besides, it's usually some host who likes to hear himself talk, and they always drag out 5 minutes of content to a 20 minute segment. Just give me good artist interviews in print, thanks. 8)
I'm not normally a podcast person either but being a lover of horror movies I recently came across an interview with Gary J. Tunnicliffe who was the makeup artist on most of the Hellraiser movies and the writer/director of the soon to be released new Hellraiser movie and this guy could certainly tell a story.
Rather than a straight interview format if the host allows the guest to talk uninterrupted for say 10-15 minutes at a time it's pretty cool. It probably be helped though that Tunnicliffe has had such an interesting career in the movie industry and had some really nice things to say about Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha from Vikings) and Johnny Depp also. He's turning his attention now to his first love singing fronting a glam rock/metal band and says his range is equal to his idol Rob Halford.
The podcast went for 3:10:00 and although I didn't make it to the end I did listen to 2:55:00 of it though such a fascinating guy so if the subject matter is there and the interviewer understands it's not about them even a 3 hour long interview can be interesting.
can you link to that hellraiser podcast?
Sure, hopefully you listen long enough to hear his experiences with Clive Barker. I was listening on headphones and they were so hilarious I just burst out laughing.
http://60minuteswith.co.uk/interviews/interview-gary-j-tunnicliffe/
Enjoy
In the intro for the Buzz one the sample of Buzz talking around the 45 second mark is one of the opening lines from the CoD movie