coming soon
Ha! That seagull picture made me guffaw.
Cannot wait!!!!! Judging by the March date comment, the album won't be quite so in the immediate future then. The EP first and the full record Summer or later. Perhaps this might be the first of a few AmRep Buzzo EP's like they did for his last solo record. Although as a side thought - i wonder how that recent vinyl lacquer plant fire will affect Melvins 12" releases this year. This potentially could be the one and only one of 2020.
YESSSS!!
GOT ONE !!! :buzz::banana::buzz::ohsnap::buzz::banana::buzz:
:lol:
Sounds like you were the only one!
Quote from: jules on March 22, 2020, 12:43:18 PM
:lol:
Sounds like you were the only one!
They'll be up again the next 3 sundays :buzz:
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on March 22, 2020, 01:44:08 PM
Quote from: jules on March 22, 2020, 12:43:18 PM
:lol:
Sounds like you were the only one!
They'll be up again the next 3 sundays :buzz:
O thank heaven, missed this first round, I honestly didn't think they'd be up for sale this soon- but my own gd fault for not checking haze' ig LoL
Never even heard about it. What was in the bundle?
Quote from: GiveMe45 on March 22, 2020, 02:37:21 PM
Never even heard about it. What was in the bundle?
The four variants of Six Pack.
https://www.shoxop.com/collections/brand-spanking-new/products/king-buzzo-six-pack-12-full-set-of-all-4-editions-1
Anyone have an idea of how many sets there were? Same as past releases?
Got one, sold out after a minute.
How much was it?
$40
Full set $170
my guess is that the black vinyl edition (of 200) w the colors that match the cd, t-shirt will be the last one of these 4 drops- (but who knows its HAZE)
also i know he's done this before but cant seem to remember if there's been a set each time either ?
Quote from: jules on March 22, 2020, 12:43:18 PM
:lol:
Sounds like you were the only one!
They were gone in less than one minute.
I missed out this time.
Will try again next week.
Quote from: laptop sorcery on March 23, 2020, 03:04:44 AM
my guess is that the black vinyl edition (of 200) w the colors that match the cd, t-shirt will be the last one of these 4 drops- (but who knows its HAZE)
what are you talking about? The only black edition will be an edition of 100 (unless there's some reg version I'm not familiar with).
Quote from: jonE5 on March 23, 2020, 09:32:58 AM
Quote from: jules on March 22, 2020, 12:43:18 PM
:lol:
Sounds like you were the only one!
They were gone in less than one minute.
I missed out this time.
Will try again next week.
This one was a quick draw. I accidentally clicked "two" copies the second it oepned and by the time I changed it to 1 and got to paypal it was sold out - maybe like 40 seconds?
Quote from: PepsiMike on March 23, 2020, 01:25:43 PM
Quote from: laptop sorcery on March 23, 2020, 03:04:44 AM
my guess is that the black vinyl edition (of 200) w the colors that match the cd, t-shirt will be the last one of these 4 drops- (but who knows its HAZE)
what are you talking about? The only black edition will be an edition of 100 (unless there's some reg version I'm not familiar with).
My bad, Pepsi I got thE colorway wrong, however Check the shoxop bundle he has 3 of the variants with only 100 copies and the one, (SRY) that's CLEAR BEER vinyl 200 copies
:cheers:
I really want to buy this CD but my latest order has been stuck in Chicago since early February.
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 25, 2020, 09:11:49 AM
I really want to buy this CD but my latest order has been stuck in Chicago since early February.
Mine is too. I've got some Ipecac stuff stuck as well.
Don't sweat though, Trump says everything will be up by Easter 😂😂
Easter? haw haw, We'll see what happens if anything won't we?
anyone have a guess on which variant will drop on sunday?
Quote from: #2 Pencil on March 25, 2020, 02:42:28 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 25, 2020, 09:11:49 AM
I really want to buy this CD but my latest order has been stuck in Chicago since early February.
Mine is too. I've got some Ipecac stuff stuck as well.
Don't sweat though, Trump says everything will be up by Easter 😂😂
At least now I know what happened, so apparently my order should be finally leaving Chicago.
What time do they go up?
Yeeesh. Less than a minute again! I had it in my basket this time!
Almost, almost :(
Quote from: johnnyg on March 29, 2020, 12:02:50 PM
Yeeesh. Less than a minute again! I had it in my basket this time!
I got one.
Did you lose it from the basket?
Got stoned, went for a walk and spaced it 🤓
Was the full bundle available again or just the new variant?
Quote from: GiveMe45 on March 29, 2020, 02:42:00 PM
Got stoned, went for a walk and spaced it 🤓
Was the full bundle available again or just the new variant?
no bundle this time, just the new varaint
Quote from: laptop sorcery on March 29, 2020, 02:56:46 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on March 29, 2020, 02:42:00 PM
Got stoned, went for a walk and spaced it 🤓
Was the full bundle available again or just the new variant?
no bundle this time, just the new varaint
Ok, I'll set a reminder for next Sunday. Was totally planning on today but got distracted
Haven't gotten the CD yet, anyone else not get it? Is there a contact out there to reach out to regarding this? They already charged my credit card. Wondering how much this is caused by COVID 19.
You should have received the cd by now. Most likely due to covid related delays with the USPS. You can contact rob at amrepnoise *at* outlook.com
Quote from: (PAUL) on March 30, 2020, 11:05:39 PM
Haven't gotten the CD yet, anyone else not get it? Is there a contact out there to reach out to regarding this? They already charged my credit card. Wondering how much this is caused by COVID 19.
Mine hasn't arrived yet. It is coming to Australia though. Got stuck in Chicago for about 2 weeks. I'd say post is being quarantined. It's doesn't seem to have stopped, just slowed. It turns up when it turns up.
Quote from: #2 Pencil on March 31, 2020, 02:47:33 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on March 30, 2020, 11:05:39 PM
Haven't gotten the CD yet, anyone else not get it? Is there a contact out there to reach out to regarding this? They already charged my credit card. Wondering how much this is caused by COVID 19.
Mine hasn't arrived yet. It is coming to Australia though. Got stuck in Chicago for about 2 weeks. I'd say post is being quarantined. It's doesn't seem to have stopped, just slowed. It turns up when it turns up.
I'm only one state away though so it shouldn't take that long. I sent an email, thanks BHM. How's everyone doing?
Quote from: #2 Pencil on March 31, 2020, 02:47:33 AM
Mne hasn't arrived yet. It is coming to Australia though. Got stuck in Chicago for about 2 weeks. I'd say post is being quarantined. It's doesn't seem to have stopped, just slowed.
THAT'S what's going on. Everything from the U.S. is taking a month to get here, not two weeks. Never occurred to me that it might be quarantined. Thanks.
Quote from: jules on March 31, 2020, 01:54:28 PM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on March 31, 2020, 02:47:33 AM
Mne hasn't arrived yet. It is coming to Australia though. Got stuck in Chicago for about 2 weeks. I'd say post is being quarantined. It's doesn't seem to have stopped, just slowed.
THAT'S what's going on. Everything from the U.S. is taking a month to get here, not two weeks. Never occurred to me that it might be quarantined. Thanks.
I'm waiting on vintage snare drum parts, they're ordered for me by sweetwater distributors, from the Rogers drum company...That was a month ago save a week from now and so far showing no signs that business is returning to normal...everything is shut down for the time being...I'm literally waiting for a tension screw assembly, it was a screw that cost me $50 basically...I should have ordered a long time ago but there you go...had to wait until the world stopped turning.
Quote from: jules on March 31, 2020, 01:54:28 PM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on March 31, 2020, 02:47:33 AM
Mne hasn't arrived yet. It is coming to Australia though. Got stuck in Chicago for about 2 weeks. I'd say post is being quarantined. It's doesn't seem to have stopped, just slowed.
THAT'S what's going on. Everything from the U.S. is taking a month to get here, not two weeks. Never occurred to me that it might be quarantined. Thanks.
No probs Jules. I previously worked in distribution so I dare say it couldn't stop. The backlog would be worse, and distribution warehouses would overflow. Reduction in logistical staff would slow enough to make up the quarantine time.
That being said, I have nothing to compare it too as nothing like this has happened before.
Quote from: #2 Pencil on March 31, 2020, 08:19:01 PM
Quote from: jules on March 31, 2020, 01:54:28 PM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on March 31, 2020, 02:47:33 AM
Mne hasn't arrived yet. It is coming to Australia though. Got stuck in Chicago for about 2 weeks. I'd say post is being quarantined. It's doesn't seem to have stopped, just slowed.
THAT'S what's going on. Everything from the U.S. is taking a month to get here, not two weeks. Never occurred to me that it might be quarantined. Thanks.
No probs Jules. I previously worked in distribution so I dare say it couldn't stop. The backlog would be worse, and distribution warehouses would overflow. Reduction in logistical staff would slow enough to make up the quarantine time.
That being said, I have nothing to compare it too as nothing like this has happened before.
My Seawhores vinyl is still in the US, but at least the tracking system doesn't show that it departed from or arrived to the USPS International Distribution Center in Chicago.
i received the scheiss lite variant that went up on sunday in today's mail- anyone that was lucky enough to nab one also get theirs today?
Got one!
Brutal! You guys are ultra quick on the trigger. I had it in my cart at exactly noon and by the time I checked out thirty seconds later it was gone! Brutal!
Quote from: GiveMe45 on April 05, 2020, 12:02:22 PM
Got one!
Nice! Me too! \:D/
Completely forgot the last two Sundays...
Quote from: johnnyg on April 05, 2020, 12:03:07 PM
Brutal! You guys are ultra quick on the trigger. I had it in my cart at exactly noon and by the time I checked out thirty seconds later it was gone! Brutal!
Sorry dude, I think its a luck of the draw kinda thing.
Just made sure I was already logged in to both ShoxOp and PayPal prior to starting, just to prevent the login causing a long enough delay to miss the sale.
Now that no one has anything better to do on a Sunday morning makes it especially difficult...
Quote from: deatheats on April 05, 2020, 12:04:36 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on April 05, 2020, 12:02:22 PM
Got one!
Nice! Me too! \:D/
Completely forgot the last two Sundays...
I waited until after it went up to get stoned. Really makes a difference! 😎
Not just saying so because I managed to get one but I think it's my favorite variant.
Yeah, my only strategy on these sales is making sure PayPal on my phone is set up to auto log in with no password needed.
I keep forgetting this. :?
Normally I'd wait until the show to grab something like this...the way things are going lately, chances are looking sketchy.
Tour edition is up. Still up after 15 minutes, people are sleeping. Or there are more of them.
Dam, this could be a new record high here ppl ( I realize there's 200 copies w this variant, but still...) honestly I'm a bit surprised figured it'd be gone in like 5/6 min
Still up 17 min in.
Finally got one!
(there are 200 of this edition)
And its Easter
They probably upped the number they are making available since there probably won't be a tour
Finally got one, and the Mamawombwomb LP and some cheapy cd's
Finally just sold out.
Quote from: jules on April 12, 2020, 12:02:10 PM
Tour edition is up. Still up after 15 minutes, people are sleeping. Or there are more of them.
thx Jules!
Oh, when you put it that way, I am filled with confidence..... :?
He didn't send me the memo about this release, though, so now I'll just do the usual thing of supporting some flipper, I reckon....
Quote from: #2 Pencil on March 25, 2020, 02:42:28 PM
Don't sweat though, Trump says everything will be up by Easter 😂😂
Quote from: 01001010 on April 17, 2020, 01:27:28 PM
He didn't send me the memo about this release
Did you get the memo about the Fucker Club on Sunday?
Umm, no.... what am I missing?
Quote from: jules on April 17, 2020, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: 01001010 on April 17, 2020, 01:27:28 PM
He didn't send me the memo about this release
Did you get the memo about the Fucker Club on Sunday?
Alive At The Fucker Club - Haze edition. Heard it might be a little more spendy than 6 pack but it's to slightly compensate for the band not being able to tour. Supposed to be regular factory run later at more normal price. Really want one but I've spent way too much lately on vinyl. We'll see how I'm feeling Sunday morning....
Quote from: 01001010 on April 17, 2020, 02:12:51 PM
Umm, no.... what am I missing?
Quote from: jules on April 17, 2020, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: 01001010 on April 17, 2020, 01:27:28 PM
He didn't send me the memo about this release
Did you get the memo about the Fucker Club on Sunday?
The spendy part worries me. $40 is 'spendy' enough, as it is. If they need money as a band, there's tons of ways to get it without reaming the fan base.
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 18, 2020, 12:11:07 AM
The spendy part worries me. $40 is 'spendy' enough, as it is. If they need money as a band, there's tons of ways to get it without reaming the fan base.
These limited edition vinyls are precisely that milking the fan base.
Ah, thanks for that. I don't step in the facebooks or instagrams or anything else that looks like something you wouldn't want to step in, so I reckon I miss the occasional doubloon that might actually be worth something. Usually it's a fair trade (meaning usually I'm not really missing all that much); once in a blue moon I guess something like these limited releases get past me. Oh well. I've been known to pay a little extra for a good time, but then I guess I do expect to have a really good time, y'know?
Ah yes, this is the analogy I was looking for.... describes Record Store Day to a T, along with all the other labels, etc, who take music fans for easy marks...
Quote from: The Magic Christian (wiki)
Guy fills up a huge vat with urine, blood and animal excrement and adds to it thousands of bank notes. Attracting a crowd of onlookers by announcing "Free money!", Grand successfully entices the city's workers to recover the cash. The sequence concludes with many members of the crowd submerging themselves, in order to retrieve money that had sunk beneath the surface
Quote from: GiveMe45 on April 17, 2020, 08:31:22 PM
Alive At The Fucker Club - Haze edition. Heard it might be a little more spendy than 6 pack but it's to slightly compensate for the band not being able to tour. Supposed to be regular factory run later at more normal price. Really want one but I've spent way too much lately on vinyl. We'll see how I'm feeling Sunday morning....
Quote from: 01001010 on April 17, 2020, 02:12:51 PM
Umm, no.... what am I missing?
Quote from: jules on April 17, 2020, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: 01001010 on April 17, 2020, 01:27:28 PM
He didn't send me the memo about this release
Did you get the memo about the Fucker Club on Sunday?
My Six Packs arrived today, 30 March to 07 May, a new record.
Quote from: jules on May 07, 2020, 11:00:44 AM
My Six Packs arrived today, 30 March to 07 May, a new record.
:lol:
I've ordered the Six Pack record and various cd's April 13th but it still hasn't arrived. :( I read on Shoxop that there are lots of international delays but are there others that still haven't received their package?
Quote from: Alex- on May 17, 2020, 09:56:46 AM
I've ordered the Six Pack record and various cd's April 13th but it still hasn't arrived. :( I read on Shoxop that there are lots of international delays but are there others that still haven't received their package?
My Six Pack took 6 weeks to arrive if that helps. I'm assuming that's the average time for a parcel to Europe at the moment.
Quote from: jules on May 17, 2020, 10:41:40 AM
Quote from: Alex- on May 17, 2020, 09:56:46 AM
I've ordered the Six Pack record and various cd's April 13th but it still hasn't arrived. :( I read on Shoxop that there are lots of international delays but are there others that still haven't received their package?
My Six Pack took 6 weeks to arrive if that helps. I'm assuming that's the average time for a parcel to Europe at the moment.
Thanks Jules, then it should be alright. Crazy times. and good luck with scoring the Electroretard later this evening.
Quote from: Alex- on May 17, 2020, 11:42:40 AM
Quote from: jules on May 17, 2020, 10:41:40 AM
Quote from: Alex- on May 17, 2020, 09:56:46 AM
I've ordered the Six Pack record and various cd's April 13th but it still hasn't arrived. :( I read on Shoxop that there are lots of international delays but are there others that still haven't received their package?
My Six Pack took 6 weeks to arrive if that helps. I'm assuming that's the average time for a parcel to Europe at the moment.
Thanks Jules, then it should be alright. Crazy times. and good luck with scoring the Electroretard later this evening.
Thanks, and you too!
Ummm.... is there any other way to know about these releases besides bending over and taking it from behind from facebook?
Be here all the time, I guess.
Quote from: 01001010 on May 18, 2020, 09:02:18 PM
Ummm.... is there any other way to know about these releases besides bending over and taking it from behind from facebook?
Follow HAZE and AmRep on Facebook and IG
There has been one thing or another on sale almost every Sunday for the last few months (and everything is sold out in 5 min :lol: )
"im glad i could help out" flat out rules
Has Buzz recently commented on why the 3 month delay on the full length release? Yeah, I know Covid shit, plant closings, etc. Who the fuck makes the CDs for Ipecac? Are other Ipecac releases getting this long a delay? Maybe they need a better manufacturer. Haze is still pumping out AmRep CDs. Zappa Records announced a new live 4-CD 1970 set last month that's out in a few weeks through Universal.
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 10, 2020, 05:30:19 PM
Has Buzz recently commented on why the 3 month delay on the full length release? Yeah, I know Covid shit, plant closings, etc. Who the fuck makes the CDs for Ipecac? Are other Ipecac releases getting this long a delay? Maybe they need a better manufacturer. Haze is still pumping out AmRep CDs. Zappa Records announced a new live 4-CD 1970 set last month that's out in a few weeks through Universal.
It's likely the albums were manufactured ages ago and they're sitting on them during the covid-19 thing because Buzz/Dunn can't tour during it and putting out an album without any touring to promote it isn't the greatest idea.
Quote from: Bigval on June 10, 2020, 08:21:48 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 10, 2020, 05:30:19 PM
Has Buzz recently commented on why the 3 month delay on the full length release? Yeah, I know Covid shit, plant closings, etc. Who the fuck makes the CDs for Ipecac? Are other Ipecac releases getting this long a delay? Maybe they need a better manufacturer. Haze is still pumping out AmRep CDs. Zappa Records announced a new live 4-CD 1970 set last month that's out in a few weeks through Universal.
It's likely the albums were manufactured ages ago and they're sitting on them during the covid-19 thing because Buzz/Dunn can't tour during it and putting out an album without any touring to promote it isn't the greatest idea.
If that's so, then that's a bad business strategy. Put the fucking thing out and sell some units. Tour when you can, and if the album has been selling well, people will turn out to see it live. A band like Clutch puts out an album and there's literally a 1-2 yr cycle of touring with breaks before the next album comes out.
Im going to say something a little controversial now......
In my opinion the album isn't actually that great.
Don't get me wrong it's good. I've listened to it a few times now and it's certainly that but i don't personally deem it a record i feel like going back to over and over again. Which, for instance is something i definitely more often do with a recently released Melvins album. For me Gift Of Sacrifice is not a patch on his first solo record. Although to be fair, this is quite clearly it's own different thing and shouldn't really be compared to what came before. Im really eager to hear what the rest of you folks think about the record in due course. Whether you agree in some sense with my own take or have very different impressions.
Quote from: ))))(((( on June 11, 2020, 07:01:18 PM
Im going to say something a little controversial now......
In my opinion the album isn't actually that great. 8-[
Don't get me wrong it's good. I've listened to it a few times now and it's certainly that but i don't personally deem it a record i feel like going back to over and over again. Which, for instance is something i definitely more often do with a recently released Melvins album. For me Gift Of Sacrifice is not a patch on his first solo record. Although to be fair, this is quite clearly it's own different thing and shouldn't really be compared to what came before. Im really eager to hear what the rest of you folks think about the record in due course. Whether you agree in some sense with my own take or have very different impressions.
I haven't heard it, I will wait and pay for it like an honest to god fan.
Quote from: Dumpster D on June 11, 2020, 07:05:39 PM
I haven't heard it, I will wait and pay for it like an honest to god fan.
Don't worry, i'll be buying it too. I always do with the Ipecac Melvins/Buzz stuff. Think the only recent thing that got a wide release which i didn't buy was the Dale solo record. I wasn't too into that one. I do always like to hear an album first before buying it or not.
If the LPs are already pressed and packaged and in "storage", I'd bet they're sitting in boxes in an uncontrolled environment, just in time for summer. Buyer beware! :lol:
not sure what to think. i like it but probably i still prefer TMKA which sounded more raw and more complete as a whole
I like the record but by the time the CD shows up to my house I got a sinking feeling my excitement might dim a little. This actually happened with some records that got delayed last year.
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 11, 2020, 06:55:07 PM
If that's so, then that's a bad business strategy. Put the fucking thing out and sell some units. Tour when you can, and if the album has been selling well, people will turn out to see it live. A band like Clutch puts out an album and there's literally a 1-2 yr cycle of touring with breaks before the next album comes out.
Dez Fafara from Devildriver on his new album release:
QuoteAccording to Fafara, the original plan was to release "Dealing With Demons I" a few months ago. "The record that was done — mid-2019, it was in the can, done, both records — [but it was pushed back] because of everything we were going through as a family," he said. "I wasn't about to leave my wife and go on tour or do any of that... Also, I've gotta say, a lot of bands now are pulling back their records, pulling back their music, [because] it's not a good business move to release a record — you can't tour on it, et cetera. I'm doing the exact opposite. It's what I've done my whole life. And I'm releasing music during this time.
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/devildrivers-dez-fafara-says-nothing-has-changed-in-his-life-under-quarantine/
Quote from: black stallion on June 12, 2020, 09:13:16 AM
not sure what to think. i like it but probably i still prefer TMKA which sounded more raw and more complete as a whole
I just never expected a follow up album, so glad it was released. Anything Trevor records is a bonus too!
Quote from: (the) Razor on June 24, 2020, 05:40:28 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 12, 2020, 09:13:16 AM
not sure what to think. i like it but probably i still prefer TMKA which sounded more raw and more complete as a whole
I just never expected a follow up album, so glad it was released. Anything Trevor records is a bonus too!
yeah, true. it's very good.. more "Melvins Lite" than solo Buzz
Posted April 14. Delivered June 26.
My King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn was processed in Sydney today.
Posted on March 29.
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 29, 2020, 11:49:51 PM
Posted April 14. Delivered June 26.
My King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn was processed in Sydney today.
Posted on March 29.
Three months! How long's it got left to travel?
Quote from: jules on June 30, 2020, 07:43:49 AM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 29, 2020, 11:49:51 PM
Posted April 14. Delivered June 26.
My King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn was processed in Sydney today.
Posted on March 29.
Three months! How long's it got left to travel?
Coming to Melbourne, so maybe Friday.
At least you're getting updates. No word, think Ipecac just went and stole my hard earned.
Although I bought via Bandcamp so...
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 30, 2020, 03:50:01 PM
Quote from: jules on June 30, 2020, 07:43:49 AM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 29, 2020, 11:49:51 PM
Posted April 14. Delivered June 26.
My King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn was processed in Sydney today.
Posted on March 29.
Three months! How long's it got left to travel?
Coming to Melbourne, so maybe Friday.
I just received a CD posted on 1st June in Bendigo, VIC. Must have come on a boat.
Quote from: (the) Razor on July 02, 2020, 06:27:31 AM
At least you're getting updates. No word, think Ipecac just went and stole my hard earned.
Although I bought via Bandcamp so...
This is for the Six Pack EP. I believe the LP isn't shipping until mid August.
Quote from: jules on July 02, 2020, 10:33:50 AM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 30, 2020, 03:50:01 PM
Quote from: jules on June 30, 2020, 07:43:49 AM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 29, 2020, 11:49:51 PM
Posted April 14. Delivered June 26.
My King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn was processed in Sydney today.
Posted on March 29.
Three months! How long's it got left to travel?
Coming to Melbourne, so maybe Friday.
I just received a CD posted on 1st June in Bendigo, VIC. Must have come on a boat.
Shipping is a bit shit here in Aus at the moment. We have boarders closed to some states and limited international flights to certain cities. Sydney and Melbourne are taking majority of the load and Melbourne is restricting for the next 2 weeks. My guess is the CD had to go to Sydney to leave for UK where it would normally leave Melbourne. It may even have travelled via truck north from Bendigo to Shepparton to NSW, then Sydney.
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 30, 2020, 03:50:01 PM
Quote from: jules on June 30, 2020, 07:43:49 AM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 29, 2020, 11:49:51 PM
Posted April 14. Delivered June 26.
My King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn was processed in Sydney today.
Posted on March 29.
Three months! How long's it got left to travel?
Coming to Melbourne, so maybe Friday.
Arrived July 3.
Quote from: #2 Pencil on July 03, 2020, 01:52:42 AM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 30, 2020, 03:50:01 PM
Quote from: jules on June 30, 2020, 07:43:49 AM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 29, 2020, 11:49:51 PM
Posted April 14. Delivered June 26.
My King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn was processed in Sydney today.
Posted on March 29.
Three months! How long's it got left to travel?
Coming to Melbourne, so maybe Friday.
Arrived July 3.
:cheers:
Just wanted to say 'Housing, Luxury, Energy' is such a good song. My favourite on the new album and definitely a grower. To me it doesn't really quite sound like anything Buzz has done before. Very emotive sounding at the start.
"we were certain,
we're out of line,
he might be wrong,
Just to get along"
my copy arrived today
https://ibb.co/6r0mXHF
Quote from: black stallion on July 25, 2020, 06:54:18 AM
my copy arrived today
https://ibb.co/6r0mXHF
8)
You must be one of the first. I haven't even got a shipping notification yet. Did you order from the Europe site?
How are you guys getting the vinyl now? I thought the album was pushed back to August.
got it on amazon... ordered yesterday, arrived today.. through amazon prime and it said only one was available.. i was lucky! and yes jules, it's Amazon Europe
Quote from: black stallion on July 25, 2020, 07:01:44 AM
got it on amazon... ordered yesterday, arrived today.. through amazon prime and it said only one was available.. i was lucky!
Haha! Someone has their shit together! Who would have thought it was Amazon?
it's available on discogs too.. both cd and vinyl, from italian stores. vinyl was more expensive than on Amazon though
Quote from: ))))(((( on July 25, 2020, 06:56:59 AM
How are you guys getting the vinyl now? I thought the album was pushed back to August.
yeah, i was surprised as well but that release date is a bit of a mess i guess. the album is actually available
RE: Gift Of Sacrifice LP
Seeing this thread pop up again got me to checking the order I placed with Ipecac EU on April 17th.
The initial release date was given as May 15 when i placed the order in April.
Ipecac is currently showing the release date as August 14.
I reckon when I placed the order, I expected there might be *some* kind of delay, given the state of the world this year.
It's a bit weird though, hearing that some folks seem to have copies already, if the release date was pushed back....
- - - -
E-mail / Order Confirmation (April 17):
Gift Of Sacrifice Hot Pink Vinyl (Ltd Edition) (LP) (released on 2020-05-15)
"Your order will be shipped via International Standard (Untracked).
This is a standard delivery method so you will not receive a tracking number upon dispatch."
- - - -
Online / Ipecac (July 25):
"Your order will be shipped in time for it's release date on 14th August"
- - - -
A few copies have been selling in Spain since May. I guess that's where the European stash is being held.
Quote from: ))))(((( on July 04, 2020, 04:46:04 AM
Just wanted to say 'Housing, Luxury, Energy' is such a good song. My favourite on the new album and definitely a grower. To me it doesn't really quite sound like anything Buzz has done before. Very emotive sounding at the start.
"we were certain,
we're out of line,
he might be wrong,
Just to get along"
seconded
I can't wait to hear it (but I will resist the temptation to pirate.) I love when Buzz goes somewhere he's never gone before. "Kicking Machine" or "You Knew I Was Crazy" or "Black Heath" or "Goose Freight Train" or "Black Bock" all come to mind.
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on July 25, 2020, 08:04:49 PM
I can't wait to hear it (but I will resist the temptation to pirate.) I love when Buzz goes somewhere he's never gone before. "Kicking Machine" or "You Knew I Was Crazy" or "Black Heath" or "Goose Freight Train" or "Black Bock" all come to mind.
new album is great, Trevor adds a lot. wish it was a bit longer. first probably still remain my favourite!
Yeah, i agree, it's not as good as his first solo record, but then it is a very different entity in it's own way too. It's grown on me a bit.
https://nextmosh.com/king-buzzo-releases-new-single-delayed-clarity/
Grazie mille, Stallone.
from the nextmosh review:
Pitchfork succinctly dubbed the collection "a refreshing breath of unplugged f**k-it-all folk."
Wow. Two lazy reviews in one.
Buzz should really punch both them right in the mush.
Quote from: (the) Razor on July 02, 2020, 06:27:31 AM
At least you're getting updates. No word, think Ipecac just went and stole my hard earned.
Although I bought via Bandcamp so...
I got confirmation today that "Gift of Sacrifice" has shipped.
Quote from: #2 Pencil on August 05, 2020, 08:38:42 PM
Quote from: (the) Razor on July 02, 2020, 06:27:31 AM
At least you're getting updates. No word, think Ipecac just went and stole my hard earned.
Although I bought via Bandcamp so...
I got confirmation today that "Gift of Sacrifice" has shipped.
Same here.
Quote from: Jozzy on August 06, 2020, 08:53:53 AM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on August 05, 2020, 08:38:42 PM
Quote from: (the) Razor on July 02, 2020, 06:27:31 AM
At least you're getting updates. No word, think Ipecac just went and stole my hard earned.
Although I bought via Bandcamp so...
I got confirmation today that "Gift of Sacrifice" has shipped.
Same here.
Me too. I'm likely not going to be in town next week and it's supposed to be 80s/90s so unless I want a melted pink blob in my mailbox I need to have someone check my mail for me
Ah, that gives me hope; if another Oregon resident was notified, then hopefully I will hear something soon as well!
Ok, my tracking status still says Aug 5 - Shipping label created
Maybe it actually won't be delivered until I'm back in Oregon....
Quote from: GiveMe45 on August 10, 2020, 10:54:53 AM
Ok, my tracking status still says Aug 5 - Shipping label created
Maybe it actually won't be delivered until I'm back in Oregon....
If it was sent Media Mail, it will spend at least a week in Florida before it even thinks about travelling north again.
Oh sure, that makes sense. I keep forgetting not to get my hopes up when I get a notification telling me that something has been shipped.
Typically, what that *really* means, is that they printed out the label, and it will sit there until their mail delivery day, when it actually makes it to the Post Office.
I'm still being optimistic, though, that I will actually get to hear this record before 2021!
Quote from: GiveMe45 on August 10, 2020, 10:54:53 AM
Ok, my tracking status still says Aug 5 - Shipping label created
Maybe it actually won't be delivered until I'm back in Oregon....
Tracking literally just changed to Accepted and estimated delivery is Tuesday the 18th and I will be back in Oregon. Works for me!
I scored a copy of Sludge Glamorous recently and after no updates for a week it was delivered today. Luckily was able to get a coworker to drive by and grab it and leave it at my office.
A few Six Packs at Shoxop right now.
https://www.shoxop.com/products/king-buzzo-six-pack-12-schiess-brau-tour-ale-edition?_pos=1&_sid=2f21b1948&_ss=r
Yeah, well it seems that lemon or whoever over there doesn't want to be bothered to fix their cart function, I had mine in the cart and was processing payment, when it suddenly disappeared. I'm kind of losing the love for those peeps. Thanks for the heads-up all the same, Jules.
Quote from: jules on January 10, 2021, 12:00:47 PM
A few Six Packs at Shoxop right now.
https://www.shoxop.com/products/king-buzzo-six-pack-12-schiess-brau-tour-ale-edition?_pos=1&_sid=2f21b1948&_ss=r
Six Pack bundles up at ShoxOp
https://www.shoxop.com/products/king-buzzo-six-pack-12-full-set-of-all-4-editions-1?_pos=1&_sid=7b00598d9&_ss=r
^^^^ Whoa, those went fast!!!😮💨
Quote from: 01001010 on September 27, 2021, 07:51:01 PM
^^^^ Whoa, those went fast!!!😮💨
Buying Melvins Merch online is like it's own Olympic sport.
is there word on this tour