Friday 9 April 2021 and Saturday 10 April 2021
Free, virtual concert series, get ticket here:
https://consequence.net/consequence-protect-live-music-opt-in/
Not sure yet when Melvins play.
*edit* Melvins play 10 April at 6pm Eastern Time, (5pm CT)
QuoteOn Friday, April 9th and Saturday, April 10th, Consequence presents "Protect Live Music", a benefit concert livestream featuring over 90 artists delivering exclusive performances and testimonials in celebration of independent music.
To attend this free event, please submit your email address using the form below. We'll email you a unique link where you can stream the concert throughout the weekend. Additionally, you'll be automatically entered for our hourly raffle where we'll be giving away merch and other prizes.
"Protect Live Music" benefits the National Independent Venue Association (NIVA) which assists independent venues across the US in their ongoing recovery efforts. Viewers will be encouraged to donate to NIVA during the event. Additionally, all proceeds from sales of our Protect Live Music merch line during the event will go to support NIVA.
The event starts on Friday and Saturday at 5:00 p.m. ET and runs until 9:00 p.m. ET. A complete schedule will be announced shortly.
I will not support this in any way. You want to protect the future of live music? Vote the assholes out of office in blue states who continue to lock us down with ridiculous restrictions. It's that simple. Open everything up now. Enter any venue at your own risk like it always was.
I find it mildly ironic that we are protecting live music by streaming it virtually. That is a bit weird to get my head around. But im still interested. I wish we didn't have to offer up an email address to do so though. I know i don't wish to wade through 90 acts to find the Melvins performance. That sounds like a type of hell right there.
Quote from: ))))(((( on April 08, 2021, 09:00:41 PM
I find it mildly ironic that we are protecting live music by streaming it virtually. That is a bit weird to get my head around. But im still interested. I wish we didn't have to offer up an email address to do so though. I know i don't wish to wade through 90 acts to find the Melvins performance. That sounds like a type of hell right there.
yeah, hopefully it's at least as easy to navigate as the old Scion music site, right. remember that one? :lol: i'm old. :facepalm: 8-[
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 08, 2021, 06:57:59 PM
I will not support this in any way. You want to protect the future of live music? Vote the assholes out of office in blue states who continue to lock us down with ridiculous restrictions. It's that simple. Open everything up now. Enter any venue at your own risk like it always was.
I wish people with your perspective would understand what health care workers are going through! Have you ever required a hospital in your life? If so, I would recommend considering the healthcare workers in this situation. It's more important than our personal risk and personal health currently and we all need to check our selfishness. Props to the musicians rolling with the times! Looking forward to this!
I'm ready, thank you!
It's sad what the leaders (mainly Trump) have done to the US letting Covid run rampant. Who knows when you guys will be able to get proper live gigs again could be years away.
Here in Australia bands and artists are touring again playing bars, theatres, arenas you name it King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard just hit my city a week or so ago with Tropical Fuck Storm as support.
Quote from: Bigval on April 09, 2021, 01:41:40 AM
It's sad what the leaders (mainly Trump) have done to the US letting Covid run rampant. Who knows when you guys will be able to get proper live gigs again could be years away.
Well, not only in the US... the new "shapes" (don't know how to say it, sorry) of that godamn virus can change everything anytime, even in Australia you're not sure it won't be lockdowns later... I hope not! But it can happen...
People who think we should just do nothing and let everyone live like before are nihilist, ahahah!
Let the hospitals be overwhelmed and let old, fat or simply fragile people die. Cool!
(I'm a big fan of Tropical Fuck Storm and The Drones by the way...)
(https://consequence.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Saturday-PLM-Daily-Schedule-Posters.jpg?resize=1333,2048)
Saturday, Melvins at 6:00... bummer, I wanted to see Reignwolf as well.
Quote from: Stonergrunge on April 09, 2021, 12:36:23 PM
Saturday, Melvins at 6:00... bummer, I wanted to see Reignwolf as well.
Melvins will most likely be recorded, so you're safe watching reign wolf live.
I take it that means all those artists performing within those 30 minute slots? 7 acts over such a short duration suggests it's going to be rather short. A single song each.
wow, i don't know any band on that bill, i feel so old :lol:
Quote from: black stallion on April 09, 2021, 12:59:58 PM
wow, i don't know any band on that bill, i feel so old
Not including Melvins, i've heard of 3 of them. Never listened though.
Quote from: black stallion on April 09, 2021, 12:59:58 PM
wow, i don't know any band on that bill, i feel so old :lol:
:lol:
It's like those fake fliers for festival concerts, where all the bands are make-believe.
Quote from: ))))(((( on April 09, 2021, 01:03:48 PM
Quote from: black stallion on April 09, 2021, 12:59:58 PM
wow, i don't know any band on that bill, i feel so old
Not including Melvins, i've heard of 3 of them. Never listened though.
i heard Fontaines DC only by name...
There's some cool stuff on here.
Andrew Bird reuniting with Jimbo who was I think the main guy behind Squirrel Nut Zippers.
Dawes is a cool indie band (if that's not already an oxymoron to you.)
Who doesn't know Rodrigo y Gabriela at this point? Always an amazing watch.
I hope they are longer performances and you can just switchback and forth (like main stage, side stage at a festival)
Quote from: Stonergrunge on April 09, 2021, 12:36:23 PM
(https://consequence.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Saturday-PLM-Daily-Schedule-Posters.jpg?resize=1333,2048)
Saturday, Melvins at 6:00... bummer, I wanted to see Reignwolf as well.
Add some glazed out crossed eyes to that poster and it'll be any egirl you'd see on TikTok or OnlyFans. :lol:
Ok so, apparently it's not a whole show by each artist just a few songs by each one, like a mixtape.
like iHeArTrAdiO :?
Anyone else enjoying the music and the dogs so far?
Favourites: Tristen; Ballroom Thieves; Lo Talker; TEKE::TEKE; Yail; Olivia Jean; Myles Kennedy;
aaaaaaaaand it's done, Melvins played "Hooch" and "Honey Bucket" from Melvins TV Vol 1 with an introduction by Buzz saying that live music is important because we would kill each other otherwise.
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 08, 2021, 06:57:59 PM
I will not support this in any way. You want to protect the future of live music? Vote the assholes out of office in blue states who continue to lock us down with ridiculous restrictions. It's that simple. Open everything up now. Enter any venue at your own risk like it always was.
Hhahahhahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahhahaaahhahahahhahhahahahhahhhahaaahhahahahha!
Quote from: Stonergrunge on April 10, 2021, 05:37:37 PM
aaaaaaaaand it's done, Melvins played "Hooch" and "Honey Bucket" from Melvins TV Vol 1 with an introduction by Buzz saying that live music is important because we would kill each other otherwise.
I did have a funny feeling that they may just re-use footage from one of the Melvins TV shows.
Quote from: ))))(((( on April 10, 2021, 09:03:30 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on April 10, 2021, 05:37:37 PM
aaaaaaaaand it's done, Melvins played "Hooch" and "Honey Bucket" from Melvins TV Vol 1 with an introduction by Buzz saying that live music is important because we would kill each other otherwise.
I did have a funny feeling that they may just re-use footage from one of the Melvins TV shows.
ahah, in that case it would be April fool part 2 :lol: