Available this Thursday!
$5
shoxop.com
hhmmm, interesting... they didn't include the acoustic songs.
An interesting tracklist there. Especially intriguing that the running order is different to the order of the songs in the 3 streams. I wonder if they performed the songs in this order and then they got chopped up for the three shows. Also, i don't recall 'Oven' being played in the Mayday one. Has that been added?
Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 18, 2021, 10:51:51 AM
hhmmm, interesting... they didn't include the acoustic songs.
Yes, it would have been nice to include both of those.
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 18, 2021, 10:46:29 AM
Available this Thursday!
$5
shoxop.com
Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 18, 2021, 10:51:51 AM
hhmmm, interesting... they didn't include the acoustic songs.
digging the fact that all 3 volumes are on one disc, however I'd want the acoustic tracks too
(Bet the vinyl releases will have diff track listings/ track order)
Niiice. :)
Since the acoustic version of "Up the Dumper" on Slithering Slaughter is also complete fire, I'm ok with not having that on here.
Really excited about these versions of "Let It All Be," "Evil New War God," and "Lysol" (have we finally dispensed with calling it "Hung Bunny/Roman Dog Bird?)"
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on May 18, 2021, 04:27:35 PM
Really excited about these versions of "Let It All Be," "Evil New War God," and "Lysol" (have we finally dispensed with calling it "Hung Bunny/Roman Dog Bird?)"
Maybe that's what they put on their set lists instead of writing the song titles out?
Awesome :cheers:. Glad the CD is coming out first. Don't really need on vinyl. Aren't they releasing this thing as a DVD in the future too? Not really interested in that either. Buzz masked?, won't care to watch that more than once. Does Steve still do his Dr. Rockso imitations & DLR-style kicking antics when playing? I've seen that in person enough too, yet will admit was always entertaining.
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on May 18, 2021, 04:27:35 PM
and "Lysol" (have we finally dispensed with calling it "Hung Bunny/Roman Dog Bird?)"
In a way i sometimes wish that was the proper title. I can never seem to remember which is which, or whether it is Dog Bird/Bird Dog.
nice.
just take my money already.
On sale now....
....easy drop...haha...threw in a 'slithering slaughter' cd too
Done :D
Nice to finally have a live CD with Steven trio.
I do hope we get a digital disc with "Deuce" and "Sway" eventually.
I think i might have mentioned this before, but it always bugs me that releases list the song titles slightly wrong. So on this one we get 'Kicking Machine' and 'Growing Disgust' instead of 'The Kicking Machine' and 'A Growing Disgust'. I don't suppose the Melvins mind these little discrepancies and may even encourage it, but i find it infuriating myself. Although strangely the 'Lysol' inclusion doesn't bother me.
Quote from: ))))(((( on May 20, 2021, 04:57:44 PM
I think i might have mentioned this before, but it always bugs me that releases list the song titles slightly wrong. So on this one we get 'Kicking Machine' and 'Growing Disgust' instead of 'The Kicking Machine' and 'A Growing Disgust'. I don't suppose the Melvins mind these little discrepancies and may even encourage it, but i find it infuriating myself. Although strangely the 'Lysol' inclusion doesn't bother me.
Oh-ho, big troubles! :D
Quote from: el gep on May 21, 2021, 03:23:57 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on May 20, 2021, 04:57:44 PM
I think i might have mentioned this before, but it always bugs me that releases list the song titles slightly wrong. So on this one we get 'Kicking Machine' and 'Growing Disgust' instead of 'The Kicking Machine' and 'A Growing Disgust'. I don't suppose the Melvins mind these little discrepancies and may even encourage it, but i find it infuriating myself. Although strangely the 'Lysol' inclusion doesn't bother me.
Oh-ho, big troubles! :D
Same thing happens with KISS fans! I still cannot figure out if they want to go rock and roll or if they want rock and roll to let them go?!?!
- Let Me Go, Rock 'n Roll - Hotter Than Hell
- Let Me Go Rock And Roll - Alive!
- Let Me Go, Rock 'N Roll - Double Platinum
- Let Me Go Rock & Roll - X-Treme Close-Up, KISS Symphony: Alive IV
- Let Me Go Rock-N-Roll - Konfidential
- Let Me Go, Rock 'n' Roll - Hotter Than Hell (1997 Remaster)
- Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll - Psycho Circus (Limited Edition Bonus Disc), The Box Set, Alive: The Millennium Concert, KISSology
:lol:
anyone else get their $5 cheapie compact discs in the mail on Monday?
Yep, haven't even had a chance to play it yet!
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on May 25, 2021, 01:48:03 PM
Yep, haven't even had a chance to play it yet!
ditto, but I will tonight
Do any of you guys remember 'Oven' being played on any of the streams? I don't recall anyone mentioning it being performed so im surprised to see it on the tracklist.
"Oven" is so short and has been performed so many times I can't remember if they played it in one of the streams.
Some things that surprised me on hearing this album vs watching the streams:
"Eye Flys" sounds great. There's a surfy reverb on Buzz that makes this version a little different.
Steven sounds good on "The Bit" which surprises me because he's using one of those squelchy effects.
While I wouldn't mind having "Edgar" and "A Growing Disgust" retired from the set for a while, I think they really nailed that pregnant pause in "Edgar."
The drums in "Evil New War God" and the whole of "Lysol" sound just as good as I remember them.
Quote from: sadcorps on May 21, 2021, 09:55:00 AM
Quote from: el gep on May 21, 2021, 03:23:57 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on May 20, 2021, 04:57:44 PM
I think i might have mentioned this before, but it always bugs me that releases list the song titles slightly wrong. So on this one we get 'Kicking Machine' and 'Growing Disgust' instead of 'The Kicking Machine' and 'A Growing Disgust'. I don't suppose the Melvins mind these little discrepancies and may even encourage it, but i find it infuriating myself. Although strangely the 'Lysol' inclusion doesn't bother me.
Oh-ho, big troubles! :D
Same thing happens with KISS fans! I still cannot figure out if they want to go rock and roll or if they want rock and roll to let them go?!?!
- Let Me Go, Rock 'n Roll - Hotter Than Hell
- Let Me Go Rock And Roll - Alive!
- Let Me Go, Rock 'N Roll - Double Platinum
- Let Me Go Rock & Roll - X-Treme Close-Up, KISS Symphony: Alive IV
- Let Me Go Rock-N-Roll - Konfidential
- Let Me Go, Rock 'n' Roll - Hotter Than Hell (1997 Remaster)
- Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll - Psycho Circus (Limited Edition Bonus Disc), The Box Set, Alive: The Millennium Concert, KISSology
8)
this ver of 'Lysol' is badass
Exactly one month has passed since I ordered it and I still haven't received the CD, which obviously sucks since the last time international orders arrived very quickly (I mean, around April). The chilean Post Office has entered into snail mode once again.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQn7Dt7ptLV/?utm_medium=copy_link (https://www.instagram.com/p/CQn7Dt7ptLV/?utm_medium=copy_link)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTVGGSgpj4e/?utm_medium=copy_link
"The @melvinsdotcom are always prettiest in pink!"
Put the needle on the record.
Now that is one cool looking frisbee.