themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Melvy on June 04, 2021, 01:15:02 PM

Title: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Melvy on June 04, 2021, 01:15:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh1q3-S1Jzw

But with America's Funnyman Neil Hamburger filling in for Tim!

Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Dumpster D on June 04, 2021, 01:36:54 PM
YES!


:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: amazonAMAZON on June 04, 2021, 01:38:13 PM
Trevor looks super hot these days. Maybe he always has.
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: amazonAMAZON on June 04, 2021, 04:45:30 PM
This is pretty recent and Trevor and Buzz are in LA recording an album?
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Dumpster D on June 04, 2021, 07:59:51 PM
What else you gonna do? It's a sure fire hit if they'll make some more records together!! Very Exciting, and it's good to see Trey himself.


Also, Neil Hamburger hasn't aged a day.  :love:
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: ))))(((( on June 04, 2021, 08:40:05 PM
Oh Christ, so i have to listen to 90 minutes of Neil Hamburger and this crap?? Along with Nardwuar, the most oddly revered and unfunny guy around. Im 5 minutes in and sighing uncontrollably already.
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Dumpster D on June 04, 2021, 08:52:59 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on June 04, 2021, 08:40:05 PM
Oh Christ, so i have to listen to 90 minutes of Neil Hamburger and this crap?? Along with Nardwuar, the most oddly revered and unfunny guy around. Im 5 minutes in and sighing uncontrollably already.

Don't worry, I watched it twice, for both of us, and sent it to my friends to enjoy.

Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Bigval on June 05, 2021, 12:59:16 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on June 04, 2021, 08:40:05 PM
Oh Christ, so i have to listen to 90 minutes of Neil Hamburger and this crap?? Along with Nardwuar, the most oddly revered and unfunny guy around. Im 5 minutes in and sighing uncontrollably already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wJOK-Ed_4Y
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: ))))(((( on June 05, 2021, 06:40:31 AM
I've seen that Poolside chat video before. I don't know, i just don't warm to this type of stuff or comedy in general. I find it so unappealing and stupid. I don't "get" this Neil Hamburger character thing whatsoever. Im not a fan at all of people putting on a silly persona.


Quote from: amazonAMAZON on June 04, 2021, 04:45:30 PM
This is pretty recent and Trevor and Buzz are in LA recording an album?
Hopefully it's Fantomas (does Patton live in LA?) but realistically just the next Buzz record where said he wanted to do a proper album with Trevor instead of a Buzz solo one featuring him.
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Dumpster D on June 05, 2021, 07:07:04 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on June 05, 2021, 06:40:31 AM
I've seen that Poolside chat video before but thanks for posting it so other people can enjoy it in case they missed it.

Fixed.  :-"

Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: amazonAMAZON on June 05, 2021, 02:34:59 PM
He's the only "anti-comedian" I can think of who actually writes amazing jokes. This is my all time fave:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy88kr
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Bigval on June 06, 2021, 12:44:09 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on June 05, 2021, 06:40:31 AM
I've seen that Poolside chat video before. I don't know, i just don't warm to this type of stuff or comedy in general. I find it so unappealing and stupid. I don't "get" this Neil Hamburger character thing whatsoever. Im not a fan at all of people putting on a silly persona.

This poolside chat with Buzz I think it's hilarious him abusing the people ringing in and stuff. But I saw Neil Hamburger supporting Mr. Bungle about 20 years ago and he told some pretty 'off' jokes. I know that's his schtick being an 'anti-comedian' but making jokes about Princess Diana's death was really bad taste you could hear a pin drop in the crowd.

QuoteHopefully it's Fantomas (does Patton live in LA?) but realistically just the next Buzz record where said he wanted to do a proper album with Trevor instead of a Buzz solo one featuring him.

Pretty sure Patton lives in San Francisco or just outside of it so no where near LA really opposite end of the state.
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on June 07, 2021, 05:46:26 PM
This is great stuff. I love the background bullshit sound fx those two keep throwing at Neil to annoy the hell out him :lol:.
Neil Hamburger for President 2024! =D>
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: jules on June 08, 2021, 10:40:43 AM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 07, 2021, 05:46:26 PM
This is great stuff. I love the background bullshit sound fx those two keep throwing at Neil to annoy the hell out him :lol:.
Neil Hamburger for President 2024! =D>

Agreed! Funny as fuck.
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Melvy on June 08, 2021, 07:59:30 PM
On an unrelated note, I had thought Chief Ten Beers avatar was Micheal Gira forever until I finally just Google reverse image searched it  :shock:
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: dead mike on June 17, 2021, 02:10:11 PM
Awesome vid, thanks for posting.

I may have mentioned this before, but Todd Barry was hysterical when I saw him perform some years ago.
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Oscar on June 18, 2021, 01:16:21 PM
This was delightful, happened to catch the whole thing live by complete accident.

Neil stood in for the episode after it too and he's even more generous the second time around.

International treasure of a man.
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: Mount Ambulance on August 17, 2021, 12:08:58 PM
Quote from: Melvy on June 08, 2021, 07:59:30 PM
On an unrelated note, I had thought Chief Ten Beers avatar was Micheal Gira forever until I finally just Google reverse image searched it  :shock:

That's always and forever what I thought too. And I'm still gonna think that because you left us hanging on the cliff of suspense you cheeky kid you ... and I fully don't care enough to reverse image search it ...
#Gira Forever!
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: deatheats on August 17, 2021, 06:34:18 PM
Mulholland Drive, I've always assumed...
Title: Re: Buzz on Tim Heidecker's Office Hours (6/3/21) (+ Trevor Dunn & Trey Spurance)
Post by: hemispheres on August 18, 2021, 09:56:10 PM
Queef.