https://youtu.be/dFPP2DQ1LIk
Idk if the link worked but look up Melvins "Never Say You're Sorry" on YouTube.
Quote from: kingdiamond on January 01, 2022, 08:55:39 AM
Idk if the link worked but look up Melvins "Never Say You're Sorry" on YouTube.
yeah man. it works. wow. that melody with the vox is fucken killer!
Sounds good. About the only good thing about a New Years day right here!
sounds good, I'd love to hear a proper new album rather than another EP though
Quote from: black stallion on January 01, 2022, 11:14:09 AM
sounds good, I'd love to hear a proper new album rather than another EP though
"The 7" is an edition of 150.
The CD is all new material including two tracks from the upcoming LP! Both available on Shoxop.com this Sunday."
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dFPP2DQ1LIk
I can't quite tell if this song reminds me slightly of some other Melvins tune or is completely it's own thing. It's distinctly Melvins that much is sure, but it feels quite fresh to me. Im looking forward to seeing tomorrow what the other 3 tracks are.
Wait, is Buzz using a wah during all the solos? :shock:
Now that was unexpected.
Quote from: Stonergrunge on January 01, 2022, 04:24:19 PM
Wait, is Buzz using a wah during all the solos? :shock:
Now that was unexpected.
i know this was a cover, but who was this, Buzz or Mark?
https://youtu.be/k1VV-4QR5DQ
Quote from: vince furnier on January 01, 2022, 04:46:31 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on January 01, 2022, 04:24:19 PM
Wait, is Buzz using a wah during all the solos? :shock:
Now that was unexpected.
i know this was a cover, but who was this, Buzz or Mark?
https://youtu.be/k1VV-4QR5DQ
I had begun to think it was Wayne Kramer. I dunno though. Used to think it was Buzz
Quote from: Stonergrunge on January 01, 2022, 04:24:19 PM
Wait, is Buzz using a wah during all the solos?
Quite possibly. There have been a number of little clips this past 6 months or so on Toshi's Instagram page of Buzz using a wah pedal. Weirdly, often several at once in D.I.Y. fashion with 3 attached by a handsaw to synch them together. I suspect it might make an appearance on more than just this song.
This new song is a nice slow ripper. Good drive-by shooting music. I really like this song a lot.
Quote from: ))))(((( on January 01, 2022, 03:44:14 PM
Im looking forward to seeing tomorrow what the other 3 tracks are.
Spoonman
Misty mountain urge
The receiver & the empire state
2 of the four songs on this new ep will be on the new lp as well.
Quote from: buddy holiday on January 02, 2022, 01:49:07 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on January 01, 2022, 03:44:14 PM
Im looking forward to seeing tomorrow what the other 3 tracks are.
Spoonman
Misty mountain urge
The receiver & the empire state
2 of the four songs on this new ep will be on the new lp as well.
Mount was right about 'Spoonman' then. Does anyone know which of the others is the cover song?
Quote from: ))))(((( on January 02, 2022, 07:53:45 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on January 02, 2022, 01:49:07 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on January 01, 2022, 03:44:14 PM
Im looking forward to seeing tomorrow what the other 3 tracks are.
Spoonman
Misty mountain urge
The receiver & the empire state
2 of the four songs on this new ep will be on the new lp as well.
Mount was right about 'Spoonman' then. Does anyone know which of the others is the cover song? Googling 'Misty Mountain Urge' bring this up!
could be a play on words like this one. could be a medley like Stop Moving To Florida.
https://youtu.be/WUeY8RgEhFY
Quote from: ))))(((( on January 02, 2022, 07:53:45 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on January 02, 2022, 01:49:07 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on January 01, 2022, 03:44:14 PM
Im looking forward to seeing tomorrow what the other 3 tracks are.
Spoonman
Misty mountain urge
The receiver & the empire state
2 of the four songs on this new ep will be on the new lp as well.
Mount was right about 'Spoonman' then. Does anyone know which of the others is the cover song? Googling 'Misty Mountain Urge' bring this up!
Misty Mountain Hop (Zep) > Uncontrollable Urge (Devo)
Quote from: vince furnier on January 01, 2022, 04:46:31 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on January 01, 2022, 04:24:19 PM
Wait, is Buzz using a wah during all the solos? :shock:
Now that was unexpected.
i know this was a cover, but who was this, Buzz or Mark?
https://youtu.be/k1VV-4QR5DQ
This was originally from Wayne Kramer of the MC5's solo record, Hard Stuff. It's an MC5 cover with the Melvins as his backing band so probably Wayne on wah.
Quote from: ))))(((( on January 01, 2022, 07:16:12 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on January 01, 2022, 04:24:19 PM
Wait, is Buzz using a wah during all the solos?
Quite possibly. There have been a number of little clips this past 6 months or so on Toshi's Instagram page of Buzz using a wah pedal. Weirdly, often several at once in D.I.Y. fashion with 3 attached by a handsaw to synch them together. I suspect it might make an appearance on more than just this song.
Similar shape, it was three Digitech Whammy pedals at once.
Quote from: ))))(((( on January 01, 2022, 03:44:14 PM
I can't quite tell if this song reminds me slightly of some other Melvins tune or is completely it's own thing. It's distinctly Melvins that much is sure, but it feels quite fresh to me. Im looking forward to seeing tomorrow what the other 3 tracks are.
The music reminds me of AMAZON
Quote from: the bloat on October 29, 2022, 07:27:18 PM
So now that there is no chance that I would ever own this record, I was wondering if anybody could DM me an MP3 of Misty Mountain urge! I've never even heard the song!
https://www.shoxop.com/collections/cheapy-5-cds/products/melvins-lord-of-the-flies-cd (https://www.shoxop.com/collections/cheapy-5-cds/products/melvins-lord-of-the-flies-cd)
Quote from: the bloat on October 29, 2022, 07:27:18 PM
So now that there is no chance that I would ever own this record, I was wondering if anybody could DM me an MP3 of Misty Mountain urge! I've never even heard the song!
lord of the files!