themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: the bloat on June 14, 2023, 12:17:45 AM

Title: Buzz Interview / Louder Sound
Post by: the bloat on June 14, 2023, 12:17:45 AM
https://www.loudersound.com/features/melvins-buzz-osbourne-my-life-in-10-songs
Title: Re: Buzz Interview / Louder Sound
Post by: surfling on June 14, 2023, 06:35:48 AM
Interesting that with their huge back catalogue Buzz is putting 3 cover versions in there.
Title: Re: Buzz Interview / Louder Sound
Post by: amazonAMAZON on June 14, 2023, 10:29:00 PM
Cool interview, good picks, Buzz! "we Are Doomed" is not lost on me. It's the centerpiece of this perfect record.
Title: Re: Buzz Interview / Louder Sound
Post by: the bloat on June 14, 2023, 11:45:03 PM
QuoteWhen Kevin came in we showed him and he was like 'oh man, I wish I played on this one!'

The Bloated Pope section implies the Kevin didn't play bass on that song (or possibly the entire album?)  :shock:
Title: Re: Buzz Interview / Louder Sound
Post by: John Schuller on June 15, 2023, 12:24:04 AM
Quote from: the bloat on June 14, 2023, 11:45:03 PM
QuoteWhen Kevin came in we showed him and he was like 'oh man, I wish I played on this one!'

The Bloated Pope section implies the Kevin didn't play bass on that song (or possibly the entire album?)  :shock:

I listened to The Maggot yesterday and think that Buzz is playing bass on Judy. That may already be common knowledge, and I could also be wrong.
Title: Re: Buzz Interview / Louder Sound
Post by: black stallion on June 15, 2023, 12:53:10 AM
Quote from: the bloat on June 14, 2023, 11:45:03 PM
QuoteWhen Kevin came in we showed him and he was like 'oh man, I wish I played on this one!'

The Bloated Pope section implies the Kevin didn't play bass on that song (or possibly the entire album?)  :shock:

I don't know , maybe  Buzz meant to say  they just wrote that song without Kevin
Title: Re: Buzz Interview / Louder Sound
Post by: amazonAMAZON on June 15, 2023, 01:04:53 PM
I read it as they wrote and completed that song without Kevin but he played on other parts of POTRE