I got to interview the Melvins about their 40th anniversary! It's a pretty long read, but I got it in before the Buzzer!
https://www.punknews.org/article/81743/interviews-the-melvins-reflect-on-the-40th-year-of-the-melvins
Cheers
awesome! shared to the FB group.
Yeah man a well written, informative, and great read. Thanx!
"..and I try not to read any chat boards" says Steven.
I really have to wonder, which board would that be in particular?
:-"
Quote"..and I try not to read any chat boards" says Steven.
:P :P :P
Thanks for posting the interview! This one seems to dive into Buzzo's psyche a little bit further than most. Would've liked to have heard more about what's in store for 2024, but all in all, a solid retrospective of their 40 years. Well done!
great interview johnny!
"Stop thinking like a worker bee and start thinking like a champion!"
Haha. Thanks for the interview and posted at such an unexpected time of the year too.
thanks for all the kind words, y'all!
Buzz doesn't "take it for granite"
I noticed several obscure references to music and bands and insider fan knowledge applied to some of the writing in this piece on first read.
Great interview!!!!!!
very nice, but have you ever considered hyping an interview and taking 13.5 years to release it? :buzz:
Quote from: vince furnier on January 01, 2024, 07:13:45 AM
very nice, but have you ever considered hyping an interview and taking 13.5 years to release it? :buzz:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
he takes it for marble.
Epic.
To list some things in this article that to me, reference bands, music, albums, or songs at a quick glance:
'Sonic-attack' = Hawkwind reference
'corkscrew hair' = T-Rex lyric reference ("I ain't no square with my Corkscrew hair")
'Buzz especially seems to 'kick against' those notions' = Patto ' I saw The man' reference (At least to me)
Ghost that 'Emanates' ( from under ) sounds like a 'Hag me' lyric reference.
The word 'Indeed' to me is a subtle, inside reference to that one WMPG 99 Radio interview.
Also...
'Filling Crover's stool' Sounded like taking a dump in his speedo, He smells great too, for an Alien. :lol:
Great review/interview.