themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 19, 2024, 10:13:04 AM

Title: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 19, 2024, 10:13:04 AM
April - June 2025

Melvins + Napalm Death = The Savage Imperial Death March Part II

Buzz says of the April-June 2025 tour: "Napalm Death! Melvins! What a dream! Not only are we looking forward to being on the road with our friends in Napalm Death, but we're excited to have both Dale and Coady both on drums once again."

Tickets are on-sale this Friday, Nov. 22 at 10am local time, with an exclusive artist pre-sale starting Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 10am local time (code: Stonerwitch). Possible venue passwords: TURKEY
https://www.livenation.com/artist/K8vZ9171FSV/melvins-events

https://www.ipecac.com/tours

April
4 San Diego Music Box
5 Santa Ana The Observatory
7 San Francisco Great American Music Hall
8 San Jose The Ritz
10 Los Angeles The Belasco
12 Las Vegas
13 Phoenix The Van Buren
14 Tucson Rialto Theatre
15 El Paso Lowbrow Palace
17 Dallas The Echo Lounge & Music Hall
18 Austin Emo's
19 Houston White Oak Music Hall – Downstairs
20 Baton Rouge Chelsea's Live
21 New Orleans House of Blues New Orleans
23 Tampa The Orpheum
24 Ft. Lauderdale Culture Room
25 Orlando The Beacham
26 Savannah District Live
27 Atlanta The Masquerade – Heaven Stage
28 Birmingham Saturn
29 Athens 40 Watt Club

May
1 Charlotte The Underground
2 Carrboro Cat's Cradle
3 Virginia Beach Elevation 27
4 Baltimore Baltimore Soundstage
5 Philadelphia Union Transfer
7 Brooklyn Warsaw
8 Boston Paradise Rock Club
9 Harrisburg Harrisburg Midtown Arts Center
10 Pittsburgh Mr .Small's
11 Cleveland TBA
12 Detroit Saint Andrew's Hall
13 Grand Rapids The Intersection
15 Cincinnati Bogart's
16 Louisville Mercury Ballroom
17 Nashville Brooklyn Bowl Nashville
18 St. Louis Red Flag
19 Chicago Metro
20 Milwaukee The Rave II
22 Minneapolis First Avenue – Main room
23 Des Moines Wooly's
24 Kansas City Madrid Theatre
25 Omaha The Waiting Room
27 Denver Summit
29 Salt Lake City Metro Music Hall
31 Bozeman The ELM

June
1 Spokane Knitting Factory Spokane
2 Seattle The Showbox
3 Portland Revolution Hall
4 Eugene McDonald Theatre
6 Reno Virginia Street Brewhouse
7 Berkeley Cornerstone Berkeley
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: ))))(((( on November 19, 2024, 10:22:59 AM
Buzz said they were doing some recording with two guys from Napalm Death earlier this year. I wonder if that means the record will be out sometime around then.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: GiveMe45 on November 19, 2024, 10:33:16 AM
Dale and Coady together again!

There are four or five shows within a comfortable drive from me and a few to potentially fly out for.  I went to the Seattle one in 2016 and brought them lots of pizza with the help of a Grim poster from here
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Nizamark on November 19, 2024, 10:55:34 AM
Hallefrickinlujah
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Nizamark on November 19, 2024, 12:22:12 PM
anyone have details on a presale code?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: PepsiMike on November 19, 2024, 12:51:21 PM
Quote from: Nizamark on November 19, 2024, 12:22:12 PManyone have details on a presale code?
stonerwitch
Lineup is buzz, Dale, Steven, yes?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: moose on November 19, 2024, 01:01:56 PM
Quote from: PepsiMike on November 19, 2024, 12:51:21 PM
Quote from: Nizamark on November 19, 2024, 12:22:12 PManyone have details on a presale code?
stonerwitch
Lineup is buzz, Dale, Steven, yes?
And Coady
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: black stallion on November 19, 2024, 01:12:27 PM
Epic
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: joelk on November 19, 2024, 01:53:01 PM
Holy shit fire, Leroy. I'm there with bells on and hearing aids for afterward.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: amazonAMAZON on November 19, 2024, 02:04:18 PM
Exciting tour. I don't love the Belasco as much as the other LA venues of its size. Might try to go San Diego instead this time.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: GiveMe45 on November 19, 2024, 02:31:29 PM
I want to go to one of the early California shows so I get to see Weedeater too

And I'm very interested to see what Shane's Dark Sky Burial will be like live
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on November 19, 2024, 05:07:53 PM
No western NY show :disagree: . Thanks Melvins, I'll save my money. :)  Will be 13 yrs since a Rochester show and 9 yrs since last time they HEADLINED in Buffalo. Saw SID Tour #1 at the Agora Cleveland, it was fun. Not worth the drive for me again. I am pretty neutral about Napalm Death, really not into them much.
ND on their own couldn't play the majority of the clubs on this tour and break even.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Bigval on November 19, 2024, 05:40:49 PM
QuoteThe seven-week "Savage Imperial Death March Part II" outing also features an all-star line-up of openers: WEEDEATER (April 4-May 5),TITAN TO TACHYONS featuring MR. BUNGLE's Trevor Dunn (May 7-20),THE HARD-ONS with Jerry A (May 22-June 2) and Shane Embury's DARK SKY BURIAL, who will perform on all dates.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/napalm-death-and-the-melvins-reunite-for-the-savage-imperial-death-march-part-ii-2025-u-s-tour

Another Trevor Dunn band? Hard-Ons with Jerry A? Doesn't sound like Tim Rogers will be fronting them for these shows?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: dead mike on November 19, 2024, 08:06:59 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on November 19, 2024, 10:33:16 AMDale and Coady together again!
So is Dale back behind the kit?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Bigval on November 19, 2024, 08:26:26 PM
Quote from: dead mike on November 19, 2024, 08:06:59 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on November 19, 2024, 10:33:16 AMDale and Coady together again!
So is Dale back behind the kit?

Yes, it's in the first post.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on November 20, 2024, 10:58:40 AM
PIttsburgh might be my closest option, unless I didn't see any Rochester or Syracuse dates there on the list then?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Peebot on November 20, 2024, 11:04:23 AM
Extremely exciting news. I wonder who will close, kinda seems like ND but I thought Melvins closed the shows last time, am I remembering that wrong? Didn't Shane come back out and play Night Goat with them to close the show? I think that happened in Seattle anyway.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on November 20, 2024, 11:12:48 AM
Quote from: Peebot on November 20, 2024, 11:04:23 AMExtremely exciting news. I wonder who will close, kinda seems like ND but I thought Melvins closed the shows last time, am I remembering that wrong? Didn't Shane come back out and play Night Goat with them to close the show? I think that happened in Seattle anyway.

Last time it was Melt-banana opened, followed by Melvins, then Napalm Death from how I remember.

 April, 2016 for me in TO.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Peebot on November 20, 2024, 11:20:52 AM
Got it, yeah I must be remembering it wrong. Many Melvins show nights are somewhat...hazy.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Nizamark on November 20, 2024, 12:08:58 PM
got LA tix whoop whooooooooop. 
might also do Vegas, and maybe one or two other Calif shows.
Vegas venue is still TBD
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on November 20, 2024, 12:36:09 PM
sure would have been nice to see someone with the initials "JW" included.  just sayin.

I'll still go considering these are probably 2 of my favorite bands of all time.
Unfortunately I'll probably have to go alone though becuase the first imperial whateveritis show I went to literally chased all my friends out of the building.  it was so beyond loud that it was literally painful.

at least I hope it was the loudness that chased them off and not like my breath or something.  :shock:
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Nizamark on November 20, 2024, 12:38:41 PM
m-b+mlvns+nd was fucking epic.

the melt-banana full-band era was bonkers. i saw them as a duo last summer and it was still intense, but i missed the live drummer.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: black stallion on November 20, 2024, 01:16:56 PM
Quote from: glen on November 20, 2024, 12:36:09 PMsure would have been nice to see someone with the initials "JW" included.  just sayin.

I'll still go considering these are probably 2 of my favorite bands of all time.
Unfortunately I'll probably have to go alone though becuase the first imperial whateveritis show I went to literally chased all my friends out of the building.  it was so beyond loud that it was literally painful.

at least I hope it was the loudness that chased them off and not like my breath or something.  :shock:


yeah, Jared should have been there for sure.probably busy with Unwound or something happened with Buzz in the past?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: ))))(((( on November 20, 2024, 02:08:42 PM
Quote from: glen on November 20, 2024, 12:36:09 PMsure would have been nice to see someone with the initials "JW" included.  just sayin.
I think it's more interesting and exciting because he isn't! Not that i dislike him but it would just be Big Melvins all over again. We've already seen that. With Steve involved it adds a bit of uniqueness and something different to proceedings and there is no reason why Coady and Jared HAVE to come as a pair.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: amazonAMAZON on November 20, 2024, 04:12:16 PM
I wonder if Steven 'gets' the Melvins yet. I like his playing a lot, more now than in the beginning. Jared had the best voice of anyone besides Buzz, but Steven does alright. I think the thing that still bothers me is I don't think the Melvins thing is in him. Lori was fixin'. Mark was depressed. Kevin was fixin'. Jared was angry and wanted to be left alone. Trevor is studying pond biology. Pinkus just floated in on a stolen hubcap. (Just my impression of their stage character). I don't think Steven can even relate to any of that. He's such a fucking Irish Setter up there. But I'm excited for this anyway. Coady + Dale! Bring it on!
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Bigval on November 20, 2024, 04:42:04 PM
Quote from: Nizamark on November 20, 2024, 12:08:58 PMVegas venue is still TBD

Sick New World festival.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: ))))(((( on November 20, 2024, 05:24:34 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 20, 2024, 04:12:16 PMI think the thing that still bothers me is I don't think the Melvins thing is in him.
Unfortunately it really isn't. I've kinda made peace with that now though and Buzz and Dale really like him so we just have to get used to the Steven Melvins era.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: GiveMe45 on November 20, 2024, 09:45:51 PM
Holy crap, can we quit picking apart and over analyzing the different rotating cast of characters? Buzz has always said he likes working with different people. Every version I've seen and heard has been amazing, and there's never been any lineup that I walked away from a show saying to myself that it wasn't a Melvins show.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on November 20, 2024, 10:02:30 PM
Nevermind that Bollocks, ))))(((( has never been to a rock concert in his life.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Nizamark on November 21, 2024, 09:35:53 AM
QuoteI don't think Steven can even relate to any of that.

relate to what?  his predecessors' 'stage character'?  why would he care about that?

steven's been in the band for a decade's worth of killer shows. it might be time to come to grips with his presence.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: jonE5 on November 21, 2024, 09:38:48 AM
This is pretty dope

Been crossing my fingers for a Dale/Cody reunion for a while now.

Cody crushed filling in on the Boris tour. It was fantastic. And seeing him with High on Fire was a revelation.


Looking at going to either Boston or NYC.. I really like the Paradise in Boston though seen Melvins there numerous times over the years. Cool club, great sound and they are relaxed with guests coming and going (unlike ANY NYC venues) so I can get there early for merch, then leave and grab dinner somewhere before heading back. I ran into Dale at a Thai restaurant down the street there like 15 years ago.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Nizamark on November 21, 2024, 09:47:55 AM
QuoteSick New World festival.

aaaaah crap
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on November 21, 2024, 01:08:52 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on November 21, 2024, 09:38:48 AMCody crushed filling in on the Boris tour. It was fantastic. And seeing him with High on Fire was a revelation.


+1
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: ))))(((( on November 21, 2024, 01:52:15 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on November 20, 2024, 10:02:30 PMNevermind that Bollocks, ))))(((( has never been to a rock concert in his life.
Incorrect. I've been to 3. UK bands Ocean Colour Scene and Cast both in the mid 90's. Then saw Om in 2012.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on November 21, 2024, 01:55:13 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on November 21, 2024, 01:52:15 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on November 20, 2024, 10:02:30 PMNevermind that Bollocks, ))))(((( has never been to a rock concert in his life.
Incorrect. I've been to 3.

Would you mind telling us which shows you saw, and how your experience was?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: amazonAMAZON on November 21, 2024, 04:05:41 PM
Quote from: Nizamark on November 21, 2024, 09:35:53 AM
QuoteI don't think Steven can even relate to any of that.

relate to what?  his predecessors' 'stage character'?  why would he care about that?

steven's been in the band for a decade's worth of killer shows. it might be time to come to grips with his presence.

I'm not trying to hate. I'm just curious, trying to put fair words to my senses. And maybe that comes out as gatekeeping or something.

Certain bands just have an emotional tone or set of tones. I can imagine even if he played in Reel Big Fish for ten years Buzz would never really fit in, and may not relate to the fans in their love of the band. That's just the kind of 'mismatch' feeling I still get from Steven. It's wild, honestly. I've defended Steven many times and will continue to do so. He's more than competent and he adds to the recordings in many ways. He just seems out of place on stage with them every time.

Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on November 21, 2024, 05:17:19 PM
Anyone else think the Melvins tour lineups of late are more or less "Wash, Rinse, Repeat..."?

For example:
Melvins/Helms Alee - 2016, then again in 2023
Melvins/Napalm Death/WSG - 2016, now again in 2025
 The only thing special about this tour and reason for anyone to drive far from their hometown is that Coady's back in the fold. I'm sure the setlist will be great, but with nothing eye-popping as far as songs back in the setlist.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: roadbullhead on November 21, 2024, 10:25:55 PM
Got tix for the Nashville show yesterday, super pumped! Gonna be my second time seeing them so far with more 2 come in the near future. First time for Napalm Death  :lol:
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on November 21, 2024, 10:32:51 PM
Quote from: roadbullhead on November 21, 2024, 10:25:55 PMGot tix for the Nashville show yesterday, super pumped! Gonna be my second time seeing them so far with more 2 come in the near future. First time for Napalm Death  :lol:

Too bad you missed Seeing Napalm death all these years. They're one of the best bands I've seen live besides Melvins, and maybe Today is the Day.

Hope they play Incinerator/disintigrator for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqihOZOMtRQ
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: moose on November 22, 2024, 07:29:20 AM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 21, 2024, 05:17:19 PMAnyone else think the Melvins tour lineups of late are more or less "Wash, Rinse, Repeat..."?

For example:
Melvins/Helms Alee - 2016, then again in 2023
Melvins/Napalm Death/WSG - 2016, now again in 2025
 The only thing special about this tour and reason for anyone to drive far from their hometown is that Coady's back in the fold. I'm sure the setlist will be great, but with nothing eye-popping as far as songs back in the setlist.
I'm mildly concerned that given Coady's familiarity with playing the material that the set list will reflect the songs from the past few tours. I would think they would dig up some of the BB era songs we haven't seen in awhile. They may have recorded a new album with Coady, so there's potential for new material as well!
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: ))))(((( on November 22, 2024, 11:38:52 AM
8 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_0PwSh_Io4
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on November 22, 2024, 11:56:35 AM
Glad to have caught that show, I cashed in and grabbed a bunch of merch that night. Poster, T-shirt, I think War pussy, and a couple other things, Chow 7" and a Napalm Death patch from Greg I believe, their merch/roadie crew member.

Bumped into some friends, it was a good night.

Grabbed lunch that afternoon, at the local Diner, ended up sitting a few tables down from 2 3rds of the Napalm Death guys. Haha!!

Forget the name of that diner but it was just across the street, red vinyl seats and stainless panelling, awesome chow.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: ))))(((( on November 22, 2024, 12:01:08 PM
Quote from: moose on November 22, 2024, 07:29:20 AMI'm mildly concerned that given Coady's familiarity with playing the material that the set list will reflect the songs from the past few tours.
You make a good point there actually. I wouldn't be surprised if you are right. Although lets hope they rehearse some other stuff and that the setlist is significantly shaken up. I still bet nothing from Tarantula Heart makes the cut though.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: black stallion on November 22, 2024, 12:33:08 PM
i'd love to hear Smiling Cobra and Dog Island!!
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Nizamark on November 22, 2024, 02:09:50 PM
QuoteThe only thing special about this tour ...  is that Coady's back in the fold.
i mean.... the return of dos drummers is pretty f'n special
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on November 22, 2024, 02:17:30 PM
Quote from: Nizamark on November 22, 2024, 02:09:50 PMthe return of dos drummers is pretty f'n special

Gotta have a spare backup, in case of spontaneous drummer combustion.

Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Bigval on November 22, 2024, 04:36:07 PM
I haven't seen ND live but I remember meeting them, unintentionally, at an instore signing on their 'Diatribes' touring cycle many moons ago. A mate at the time was a big ND fan and couldn't go to the show being under 18 so I tagged along with him to the instore signing. He had some albums and stuff he got signed but I had nothing so got one of the free tour posters signed by the band. No idea what ended up happening to the poster, wish I still had it but they were nice guys.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on November 23, 2024, 06:24:21 PM
Any Clevelanders know what's up with the TBD on venue? I'd assume it's at The Agora as was the 2016 tour. Nice venue, but the parking and area sucks. I doubt Grog Shop where it's their usual stop, would be packed like sardines w/ ND also. Didn't they play Beachland Ballroom last year w/ Boris? I may consider road trip if it's Beachland.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: roadbullhead on November 23, 2024, 08:34:06 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on November 21, 2024, 10:32:51 PM
Quote from: roadbullhead on November 21, 2024, 10:25:55 PMGot tix for the Nashville show yesterday, super pumped! Gonna be my second time seeing them so far with more 2 come in the near future. First time for Napalm Death  :lol:

Too bad you missed Seeing Napalm death all these years. They're one of the best bands I've seen live besides Melvins, and maybe Today is the Day.

Hope they play Incinerator/disintigrator for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqihOZOMtRQ
Cool seeing Today Is The Day being mentioned since my mom is friends with Steve Austin and all the founding members  :lol:

Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on November 23, 2024, 09:21:37 PM
Quote from: roadbullhead on November 23, 2024, 08:34:06 PMCool seeing Today Is The Day being mentioned since my mom is friends with Steve Austin and all the founding members  :lol:

Hope Steve is doing well, as I read online recently that he found out he had Lyme disease.

 Hoping he is on his way to a full recovery.

He's one of my all time musical heroes.





Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: GiveMe45 on November 23, 2024, 11:42:45 PM
Too many stories to tell

Ive seen Napalm at least 8 or 10 times.  Got to see them with Jesse twice.  Drank many beers with Shane.  Last time I saw them with Mitch, I hardcore nerded out on him about Meathook Seed and he loved that someone was so into it. Barney wished me happy birthday from the stage that night.

First time I saw Today Is The Day, Steve kept encouraging me to come upstairs to the tiny backstage room many times after he found out I had weed with me.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on November 23, 2024, 11:46:47 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on November 23, 2024, 11:42:45 PMToo many stories to tell
Ive seen Napalm at least 8 or 10 times.

Yeah, same.

Napalm Death, top blokes, the lot.

When I saw Today is the Day, that was awhile ago, we were pretty lucky, that was a real treat to see them live.

 Steve had another project he was opening with, called 'Tai pan' I think it was? Does that sound familiar?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: joelk on November 27, 2024, 05:03:56 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on November 23, 2024, 11:46:47 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on November 23, 2024, 11:42:45 PMToo many stories to tell
Ive seen Napalm at least 8 or 10 times.

Yeah, same.

Napalm Death, top blokes, the lot.

When I saw Today is the Day, that was awhile ago, we were pretty lucky, that was a real treat to see them live.

 Steve had another project he was opening with, called 'Tai pan' I think it was? Does that sound familiar?


I'd give anything to see TITD again. Seen them at least ten times. No luck since 2017
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on November 27, 2024, 09:32:18 PM
Quote from: joelk on November 27, 2024, 05:03:56 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on November 23, 2024, 11:46:47 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on November 23, 2024, 11:42:45 PMToo many stories to tell
Ive seen Napalm at least 8 or 10 times.

Yeah, same.

Napalm Death, top blokes, the lot.

When I saw Today is the Day, that was awhile ago, we were pretty lucky, that was a real treat to see them live.

 Steve had another project he was opening with, called 'Tai pan' I think it was? Does that sound familiar?


I'd give anything to see TITD again. Seen them at least ten times. No luck since 2017

Steve has probably been too sick to tour. Lyme disease is a very serious illness, and it's hard to diagnose and treat.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Nizamark on December 02, 2024, 10:58:20 AM
here's hoping for a headlining vegas gig now that sick new world is no mas
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on December 05, 2024, 12:05:00 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on November 23, 2024, 11:42:45 PMIve seen Napalm at least 8 or 10 times.  Got to see them with Jesse twice.  Drank many beers with Shane.  Last time I saw them with Mitch, I hardcore nerded out on him about Meathook Seed and he loved that someone was so into it. Barney wished me happy birthday from the stage that night.


dude..  :shock:     cool F'ing story. 

I talked to Barney once at a show.   couldn't understand a damn word he was saying.  he was probably tell me to "beat it schmuck" in thick Birmingham.   :D
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: jonE5 on December 10, 2024, 11:21:10 AM
Quote from: moose on November 22, 2024, 07:29:20 AM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 21, 2024, 05:17:19 PMAnyone else think the Melvins tour lineups of late are more or less "Wash, Rinse, Repeat..."?

For example:
Melvins/Helms Alee - 2016, then again in 2023
Melvins/Napalm Death/WSG - 2016, now again in 2025
 The only thing special about this tour and reason for anyone to drive far from their hometown is that Coady's back in the fold. I'm sure the setlist will be great, but with nothing eye-popping as far as songs back in the setlist.
I'm mildly concerned that given Coady's familiarity with playing the material that the set list will reflect the songs from the past few tours. I would think they would dig up some of the BB era songs we haven't seen in awhile. They may have recorded a new album with Coady, so there's potential for new material as well!

Don't forget that Cody played on the "Endless Residency" tour. So.. Beyond everything they recorded and toured with he also has done all of
Bullhead
Houdini
Stoner Witch
Lysol
Eggnog
and
COD

I honestly don't know how he keeps track of all the songs he knows between
Melvins/Big Biz/High on Fire etc..


Anyone here planning to go to the Boston show?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on December 10, 2024, 05:03:19 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on December 10, 2024, 11:21:10 AMI honestly don't know how he keeps track of all the songs he knows


That's what separates the pros from the sissy wannabes.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Nizamark on December 16, 2024, 02:38:44 PM
The Spring Break Tour:

March 1 Bakersfield, CA The Nile Theater
March 2 Fresno, CA Strummer's
March 3 Sacramento, CA Goldfield Trading Post
March 4 Santa Cruz, CA The Catalyst Atrium
March 5 San Luis Obispo, CA SLO Brew Rock
March 7 Pioneertown, CA Pappy & Harriet's
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: GiveMe45 on April 12, 2025, 11:00:51 PM
I already had overly expensive tickets for the Spokane show on June 1, but today while having beers at the bar nextdoor to the record store, I decided I needed to spend even more on tickets for the Portland show.  Not gonna say how much because I really don't care since some amended tax returns have brought in a nice chunk of change.  Most will be going into savings, so why not line the pockets of some shady ticket resale scumbag sites. 🤨
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: black stallion on April 13, 2025, 12:29:45 PM
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Bigval on April 16, 2025, 08:40:28 AM
Napalm Death played as a 3 piece at the Tucson show due to Barney being sick.

QuoteOn Tuesday (April 15),Greenway released the following message via social media: "Hello everybody, sincere apologies to whoever came to the Tucson gig last night. I contracted some mystery gut thing on the morning, and was in enough discomfort to stop me from being able to do even a couple of lines of vocals last night. It never feels great to be missing gigs, but the other guys gave it more than a good go as usual. Sorry again. Lots of love."

The rest of NAPALM DEATH added: "[Barney] is all better now ... It's never easy in these situations. Tonight we are back on track. Thank you for understanding".

https://blabbermouth.net/news/watch-napalm-death-performs-without-singer-mark-barney-greenway-in-tucson
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: vince furnier on April 16, 2025, 10:45:46 AM
didn't go the other night. felt like shit. sucks. oh well.  :lol:  :cry:
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: black stallion on April 24, 2025, 02:03:03 PM
I might be wrong but they cut Hag Me from the set list
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: rimb on April 30, 2025, 07:12:17 PM
Posted a little something over in the live music downloads section you all might want to check out....

https://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=24113.0
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on May 12, 2025, 06:19:09 AM
Detroit - tonight.   I'll say hi to all the Michigan former board members who had enough of our shit and bailed out for you.   it's always a family reunion.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: ))))(((( on May 12, 2025, 06:24:33 AM
Quote from: glen on May 12, 2025, 06:19:09 AMDetroit - tonight.   I'll say hi to all the Michigan former board members who had enough of our shit and bailed out for you.   it's always a family reunion.
Spunkmonkey, Uncle Danny - Is that right? Hmm am i missing others?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on May 12, 2025, 08:38:49 AM
Spunkmonkey lives in Seattle.    Danny lives in SF.     they're both from Michigan originally.

I always see lots of familar faces at MELVINS shows though. 
it's a varitable who's who of freaks, dorks and losers. 
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Dumpster D on May 12, 2025, 03:25:11 PM
Quote from: glen on May 12, 2025, 08:38:49 AMfreaks, dorks and posers.

hey watch it!!

 Poser.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: JUDY on May 12, 2025, 05:02:29 PM
Quote from: glen on May 12, 2025, 06:19:09 AMDetroit - tonight.   I'll say hi to all the Michigan former board members who had enough of our shit and bailed out for you.   it's always a family reunion.

Whoa whoa whoa!!!
Where at? Text me a pic of the merch table.
Requesting add banana for scale*

Have a blast, glen!!
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on May 14, 2025, 06:04:07 AM
Ok here's what happens for the last few years..    I get all down on them and my faith starts cracking a little.
then they come on tour and I buy a ticket because of course I do, it's the MELVINS.  then for the months leading up to that show like 10% of me is thinking about no-showing.  I mean heck, I've seen them a million times and honestly how much does the set list vary??    but then I go and they take the stage and proceed to BLOW MY FUCKING FACE OFF.   they show me the way and I love MELVINS all over again.   it's been a pattern for about 10 years.

holy crap they were good.

the merch was terrible.   only Houdini shirts.   vinyl very picked over and overpriced.   I wanted a show poster from the show because I have one from the first IDM tour so thought a set of two would be pretty fucking cool.  then I looked at the price, $100.    FUCK OFF.   so maybe I'll make my own poster.  anyone have any magic markers I can borrow?

Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: black stallion on May 14, 2025, 11:47:22 AM
Quote from: glen on May 14, 2025, 06:04:07 AMOk here's what happens for the last few years..    I get all down on them and my faith starts cracking a little.
then they come on tour and I buy a ticket because of course I do, it's the MELVINS.  then for the months leading up to that show like 10% of me is thinking about no-showing.  I mean heck, I've seen them a million times and honestly how much does the set list vary??    but then I go and they take the stage and proceed to BLOW MY FUCKING FACE OFF.   they show me the way and I love MELVINS all over again.   it's been a pattern for about 10 years.

holy crap they were good.

the merch was terrible.   only Houdini shirts.   vinyl very picked over and overpriced.   I wanted a show poster from the show because I have one from the first IDM tour so thought a set of two would be pretty fucking cool.  then I looked at the price, $100.    FUCK OFF.   so maybe I'll make my own poster.  anyone have any magic markers I can borrow?



 :cheers:
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: JUDY on May 14, 2025, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: glen on May 14, 2025, 06:04:07 AMholy crap they were good.

Well, duh. Melvins no doubt always deliver  8)

I've been super lame with concerts lately. I'll pick and choose, but never want to buy a ticket ahead of time just in case I decide to wuss out last minute.

Quoteso maybe I'll make my own poster. 

I'll make you a poster!!!

Just curious though.... did you catch if the Houdini shirt was the classic reprint that has the pu$$ y cats on the back?
Cats are cool, but no, I am not wearing that around...

If I do, I cover it with tape.

ick




Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on May 14, 2025, 01:00:54 PM
I do not believe the houdini shirt had anything on the back.  just the two-headed dog on the front, that's it.

the vinyl looked to be approximately $70 each.  they had a MELVINS 1983 vinyl bundle for $220.

hey, I'm ok with capitalism and I hold no hard feelings.  if someone is going to pay it I say charge it.

but DANG! 
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: PepsiMike on May 14, 2025, 03:37:38 PM
Quote from: glen on May 14, 2025, 01:00:54 PMbut DANG! 
Hard agree.
Surprised to see the posters going for so much. $100? I miss the $30 price.
I guess the current crop of concert goers are richer than in the past?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on May 15, 2025, 08:39:39 AM
in all transparency they were signed.       but that was the only option.  there was no $30 unsigned special.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on May 15, 2025, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: glen on May 14, 2025, 01:00:54 PMI do not believe the houdini shirt had anything on the back.  just the two-headed dog on the front, that's it.

the vinyl looked to be approximately $70 each.  they had a MELVINS 1983 vinyl bundle for $220.

hey, I'm ok with capitalism and I hold no hard feelings.  if someone is going to pay it I say charge it.

but DANG! 

It's safe to say we all miss the days of Walsby as merch guru, IMO the golden years of Melvins tours 2008-2019. His stuff he made/sold was so cool, and the band's stuff wasn't out of control price wise then.
 I can remember fall 2012/51 tour in Cleveland paying $30 for the AmRep Pic Disc Freak Puke vinyl :shock: That would easily be $200 now. I already know that if I see them this fall, just forget merch altogether. Shit will by sky high, and nothing really needed.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: PepsiMike on May 15, 2025, 05:54:28 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on May 15, 2025, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: glen on May 14, 2025, 01:00:54 PMI do not believe the houdini shirt had anything on the back.  just the two-headed dog on the front, that's it.

the vinyl looked to be approximately $70 each.  they had a MELVINS 1983 vinyl bundle for $220.

hey, I'm ok with capitalism and I hold no hard feelings.  if someone is going to pay it I say charge it.

but DANG! 

It's safe to say we all miss the days of Walsby as merch guru, IMO the golden years of Melvins tours 2008-2019. His stuff he made/sold was so cool, and the band's stuff wasn't out of control price wise then.
 I can remember fall 2012/51 tour in Cleveland paying $30 for the AmRep Pic Disc Freak Puke vinyl :shock: That would easily be $200 now. I already know that if I see them this fall, just forget merch altogether. Shit will by sky high, and nothing really needed.
Yes, walsby era was great. Even the merch guy before him was really nice.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on May 15, 2025, 06:07:36 PM
Quote from: PepsiMike on May 15, 2025, 05:54:28 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on May 15, 2025, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: glen on May 14, 2025, 01:00:54 PMI do not believe the houdini shirt had anything on the back.  just the two-headed dog on the front, that's it.

the vinyl looked to be approximately $70 each.  they had a MELVINS 1983 vinyl bundle for $220.

hey, I'm ok with capitalism and I hold no hard feelings.  if someone is going to pay it I say charge it.

but DANG! 

It's safe to say we all miss the days of Walsby as merch guru, IMO the golden years of Melvins tours 2008-2019. His stuff he made/sold was so cool, and the band's stuff wasn't out of control price wise then.
 I can remember fall 2012/51 tour in Cleveland paying $30 for the AmRep Pic Disc Freak Puke vinyl :shock: That would easily be $200 now. I already know that if I see them this fall, just forget merch altogether. Shit will by sky high, and nothing really needed.
Yes, walsby era was great. Even the merch guy before him was really nice.

the merch guy before him was Dan Raymond's brother.  he was a great guy.

speaking of faces from MELVINS past..  I noticed Kurt Schlegel back on sound.  A return to the early 2000's sound. I'm in full support of that. 
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on May 15, 2025, 06:26:00 PM
Oh yeah, I remember Raymond, the merch guy in '07 @ Peabody's, Cleveland. Got those Purge Of Dissidents CD singles and a show poster signed, pretty cheap.
Kurt Schlegel has been back in the fold for quite awhile now. I remember in Syracuse '17 and/or '19 he was there. Was he along on the Ministry tour a few yrs ago?, I almost want to say yeah.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: musicismyradar on May 27, 2025, 09:05:40 PM
hey y'all, y'all missed me yet?

posting on this thread (and others) because i have two (2) tickets to give away to the concert June 1st at the knit in Spokane! unfortunately a death in the family has put a funeral right where my birthday party was supposed to go, so i want to pay it forward at least. i also was hoping to finally see the 1-2 punch of dale and coady slamming together but i guess i'll have to wait until... heaven maybe, at this point (or hell). i will also check the site... infrequently.

love, the former youngest melvins fan,
Lucas
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: vince furnier on May 27, 2025, 09:53:21 PM
oh man. not the public posting of the phone number.  #-o
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: musicismyradar on May 27, 2025, 09:54:18 PM
Quote from: vince furnier on May 27, 2025, 09:53:21 PMoh man. not the public posting of the phone number.  #-o

not to worry, i already get my fair share of spam texts and calls (i enjoy the pain)
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: vince furnier on May 27, 2025, 10:22:36 PM
Quote from: musicismyradar on May 27, 2025, 09:54:18 PM
Quote from: vince furnier on May 27, 2025, 09:53:21 PMoh man. not the public posting of the phone number.  #-o

not to worry, i already get my fair share of spam texts and calls (i enjoy the pain)

:lol:
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: GiveMe45 on May 28, 2025, 06:09:58 PM
Hi Radar!  I'm heading up to the Spokane show.  I'll see if anyone I know needs tickets
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: GiveMe45 on June 02, 2025, 04:08:43 PM
Last night was pretty good.  Hard Ons were a lot of fun.  Jerry sounds great with them.  Melvins were awesome as usual.  I took a friend who hadn't seen them since 1999, and he was blown away by Coady and Dale together.  He was a little confused by Steven's stage antics at first, but by the end he was loving it.  Then a total mental shift for me, Shane wasn't playing bass for Napalm.  Not sure if he was sick, but for some reason it really bummed me out.  I stuck around for most of the set but after they played Suffer The Children, I felt like that was good enough for the night.  It led me to wonder if the opening act wasn't actually Dark Sky Burial.  The footage I've seen was clearly Shane, but what I saw last night was two people, one guy who definitely wasn't Shane playing with a theremin and another person wearing a mask playing with a bunch of effects pedals and drum loops.  I'll be seeing it again tomorrow, so we'll see if it's the same or not.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: ))))(((( on June 02, 2025, 04:13:35 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on June 02, 2025, 04:08:43 PMShane wasn't playing bass for Napalm.
I'd noticed at some show or shows earlier in the tour that Shane wasn't on stage with Napalm. I too wondered if he's been ill or something. I can't imagine him being kicked out of the band!
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Bigval on June 02, 2025, 07:22:08 PM
Maybe an arthritis type thing some nights it's so bad he can't do it?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: moose on June 02, 2025, 07:42:10 PM
So no bassist at all for Napalm?
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: GiveMe45 on June 02, 2025, 08:53:50 PM
Quote from: moose on June 02, 2025, 07:42:10 PMSo no bassist at all for Napalm?
There was someone playing bass.  I figured a roadie/bass tech. 
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on June 03, 2025, 06:47:29 AM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on June 02, 2025, 08:53:50 PM
Quote from: moose on June 02, 2025, 07:42:10 PMSo no bassist at all for Napalm?
There was someone playing bass.  I figured a roadie/bass tech. 

Shane has not been a part of this tour for at least 3 weeks.   Barney said they had a fill in bassist due to "illness" in Detroit.  I was thinking ok, a little cold, flu maybe, but 3 weeks later still no Shane does not give me warm-fuzzies.   He's typically pretty open on social media also and has been radio silent these last few weeks.

if you pay attention to any of Shane's social media you definitely get a "I'm getting old and this isn't getting any easier" vibe out of him.  I think he'd like to be done with it if he didn't have two kids to raise.

so this leaves a grand total of ZERO original members in Napalm Death at this point.   the last 20 years and about 6 albums have been gold IMO.  so I ain't complaining.   but I will call this a mortality moment.  :(
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: black stallion on June 03, 2025, 08:35:15 AM
Yeah, pretty weird that Shane is not playing after first shows of the tour..he seems active on his social media tho, maybe some health problem.. hope nothing serious
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: Bigval on June 03, 2025, 10:33:11 AM
Quote from: glen on June 03, 2025, 06:47:29 AMso this leaves a grand total of ZERO original members in Napalm Death at this point.   the last 20 years and about 6 albums have been gold IMO.  so I ain't complaining.   but I will call this a mortality moment.  :(

Shane wasn't an original member either.
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: GiveMe45 on June 03, 2025, 10:53:47 AM
Quote from: glen on June 03, 2025, 06:47:29 AMso this leaves a grand total of ZERO original members in Napalm Death at this point.  the last 20 years and about 6 albums have been gold IMO.  so I ain't complaining.  but I will call this a mortality moment.  :(
Well, technically, there hasn't been an original member since the 80s, but in terms of proper albums, I guess Shane counts 🤓
Title: Re: Savage Imperial Death March Pt 2
Post by: glen on June 03, 2025, 12:19:26 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on June 03, 2025, 10:53:47 AM
Quote from: glen on June 03, 2025, 06:47:29 AMso this leaves a grand total of ZERO original members in Napalm Death at this point.  the last 20 years and about 6 albums have been gold IMO.  so I ain't complaining.  but I will call this a mortality moment.  :(
Well, technically, there hasn't been an original member since the 80s, but in terms of proper albums, I guess Shane counts 🤓

yeah but that's when they were known as "The Thamesmen" and had their first hit single "Cups and Cakes".