Originally it was Hooch, the track that got me into the band early 2000, but when Pigs Of The Roman Empire came out, Safety Third blew my mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5BXssT5xOY
It's hard to say for me which is my absolute favourite. Still, two that always spring immediately to mind though are The Anti-Vermin Seed and The Bloated Pope. So both of those would be in high contention no doubt.
"Let It All Be" and "AMAZON" are hard to top for me still. "The Bit" is a contender.
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on April 08, 2025, 04:35:41 PM"The Bit" is a contender.
I don't know why, but that has always been one of their songs i don't really rate too highly. It's not a bad song in any way but it feels a bit "samey" throughout to me. Night Goat is another one like that for me too.
Zodiac for me
Too many great songs
There are hundreds of songs... this is an impossible task
Not possible, to pick anything as a favourite.
Suffice to say, all would be connected with the best *Moments* in my life.
All these wonderful albums and songs have meant to me at different points in my life. They have always been there for me, part of my life.
Sometimes it's tough looking back, after so many years at my life. Those memories are somehow interwound into some of the Melvins Music...All mixed up and permanently set, like concrete.
Special moments, so many, so thankful for them all.
Why can't men profess their love for a woman with the same eloquence as they would for a band or an album or whatever? D making me cry x2.
Quote from: black stallion on April 09, 2025, 02:49:53 PMToo many great songs
Worst song then??
Pure Digital Silence
Soup
Okie From Muskogee
Theresa Screams
Star Spangled Banner
Best Friend
99 Bottles Of Beer
Shaving Cream
Aim High
Give It To Me
Chicken Butt
Eat Yourself Out
Scooba
Halfway To The Bakersfield Mall
Park Head
T-Burg
Track Star
The Asshole Bastard
I Fuck Around
1 Brian, The Horse-Faced Goon
She's Got Weird Arms
Allergic To Food
"Shitstorm" in its original four-minute form is a strong skip for me. I tolerate the reissue version, though.
"All at Once" from Singles 1-12 is just trolling with no listening value either.
I don't know if these count. They're not even songs AND they're derivative works, so more like pointless remixes (oh, hi, Chicken Switch!).
Of actual Buzz or Dale original songs and musical covers under the Melvins brand, hmm.. I never liked "It Tastes Better Than the Truth". It just drags and doesn't go anywhere. It sounds like a joke but what's the punchline?
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on April 10, 2025, 07:52:42 PMI never liked "It Tastes Better Than the Truth". It just drags and doesn't go anywhere. It sounds like a joke but what's the punchline?
All good picks there. Shit Storm i forgot to include for sure. I do have to disagree with It Tastes Better Than The Truth. I like that one but i can definitely see why some perhaps wouldn't. As a closing track i think it works well.
if you're putting a gun to my head I'd probably scramble between Hag me and Heater Moves and Eyes.
Quote from: glen on April 11, 2025, 09:26:19 AMif you're putting a gun to my head I'd probably scramble between Hag me and Heater Moves and Eyes.
Two stone cold classics!
Quote from: /////// on April 11, 2025, 12:16:25 PMQuote from: glen on April 11, 2025, 09:26:19 AMif you're putting a gun to my head I'd probably scramble between Hag me and Heater Moves and Eyes.
Two stone cold classics!
dale's work on both songs stand out.
some of my favourite melvins songs ever: Charmicarmicat, Ligature, Cow, your Blessened, See How Pretty,Pigs of the roman empire
Quote from: black stallion on April 12, 2025, 03:27:21 AMPigs of the roman empire
I like the live version more. It hasn't got Lustmord's ambience and just goes from the first riff straight into the second half one. Apparently Buzz and Dale did their recording of that song and sent it to Lustmord or made it longer. I would love to hear it in it's original form.