themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 10, 2026, 05:24:17 PM

Title: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 10, 2026, 05:24:17 PM
Supposedly today, Tuesday Feb 10th, on 'liquid metal' Sirius, channel 40, they're going to premiere the Melvins/Napalm Death 'Tossing Coins into the Fountain of Fuck', every hour for the entire day. Will confirm if I hear anything.

edit: seems like it's happening, only one song is being played every hour.
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: Dumpster D on February 10, 2026, 05:43:47 PM
Pls post links, I don't wanna miss out.  oh wait, sirius, that's like Satelite radio? I'll see if I can sneak into Wal-mart office and change the station on their programing.

Thanks for the heads up Butty.  8)
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: the bloat on February 10, 2026, 05:52:09 PM
They're going to play a song that neither Melvins or Napalm Death stand to benefit from since you can't possibly buy it for a reasonable price :-k

It just adds to the lore of this amazing collab
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 10, 2026, 05:52:45 PM
Will post more when I see it. They just played one song, Barney's singing.

edit: ok- It's supposed to be released officially tomorrow.

I heard that a few people supposedly have crappy phone recordings of it right now.

thanks gene for the link: https://xmplaylist.com/station/liquidmetal/track/E1BD-ID9M
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: the bloat on February 10, 2026, 07:15:13 PM
Wait, are we talking about the song from the EP? Or an actual release called tossing coins into the fountain of fuck?
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 10, 2026, 07:18:39 PM
I believe the song is called 'Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck', according to the xm playlist. DJ mistakenly says 'Foundations..'. I assume there will be an upcoming ep/possible album..
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: /////// on February 10, 2026, 07:29:58 PM
Quote from: the bloat on February 10, 2026, 07:15:13 PMWait, are we talking about the song from the EP? Or an actual release called tossing coins into the fountain of fuck?
It'll be the same first track from last years Napalm Death collaborative album. Buzz said they wanted to put out the record again this year.
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 10, 2026, 07:45:36 PM
Yeah, /////// is correct, it's the same song from last year. For some reason I thought it might be different, but.. it's the same.
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: GiveMe45 on February 11, 2026, 01:38:18 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 10, 2026, 07:45:36 PMYeah, /////// is correct, it's the same song from last year. For some reason I thought it might be different, but.. it's the same.

With two additional songs, and since this one is coming out on Ipecac, it should be more affordable than the one that came out last year
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: Dumpster D on February 12, 2026, 11:04:16 PM
I am certain this is the inspiration for the song title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mwK30kNGEo
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: amazonAMAZON on February 13, 2026, 03:12:32 AM
I'm secretly hoping that it's a slightly different mix with a little less lead vocal. I felt like the EP didn't show the riffs enough. I'm sure it's not, though. Buzz doesn't seem to do that.
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on February 14, 2026, 05:05:22 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 11, 2026, 01:38:18 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 10, 2026, 07:45:36 PMYeah, /////// is correct, it's the same song from last year. For some reason I thought it might be different, but.. it's the same.

With two additional songs, and since this one is coming out on Ipecac, it should be more affordable than the one that came out last year

Um, not really. AmRep CD was the usual $5. The average price of the new CD will be around $14.99 anywhere, for those 2 extra tracks. I also got the ltd factory edition AmRep vinyl for $30. I'm guessing that's about the standard retail price for the Ipecac version.
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: GiveMe45 on February 14, 2026, 05:35:50 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 14, 2026, 05:05:22 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 11, 2026, 01:38:18 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 10, 2026, 07:45:36 PMYeah, /////// is correct, it's the same song from last year. For some reason I thought it might be different, but.. it's the same.

With two additional songs, and since this one is coming out on Ipecac, it should be more affordable than the one that came out last year

Um, not really. AmRep CD was the usual $5. The average price of the new CD will be around $14.99 anywhere, for those 2 extra tracks. I also got the ltd factory edition AmRep vinyl for $30. I'm guessing that's about the standard retail price for the Ipecac version.
I'm assuming the Ipecac cd might also have some extra information/art/etc in addition to just the song titles that came with the $5 AmRep cd, and will come in an actual jewel case instead of the cheapy slip case

The black Ipecac vinyl was $24, the limited green was $25, and they come with the 12 page booklet that has been standard with the Ipecac rereleases in recent years.
Title: Re: Tossing Coins into the Fountains of Fuck premiere
Post by: Dumpster D on February 14, 2026, 07:23:42 PM
I have a 'Dying Fetus' on Clear Green Vinyl. The pressing sounds like crap, Just sayin'