Damn right! This is track # 8 off of "Pigs". Fucked up vocals, as well as fucked up guitar droning and electronics going on. I hope the band keeps up the electronic fuckery. They were doing it long before they worked with Lustmord anyway.
Also, anyone else reminded of Tool's "Disposition" a bit, at least the beginning part, when hearing track # 3 on "Pigs". Really it's just a drum technique or electrnoic sound that I'm talking about.
I compared Pigs to Tool and Adam when it first came out,
I was damn near crucified but I stick by it, search around a bit
horn bearer and ye senses shall be harmed, there's 100s
of past topics discussing this very same dog.
Quote from: anaconda on October 16, 2005, 03:06:08 PM
I compared Pigs to Tool and Adam when it first came out,
I was damn near crucified but I stick by it, search around a bit
horn bearer and ye senses shall be harmed, there's 100s
of past topics discussing this very same dog.
You can hear the the tool influence.
and Meshuggah.
Quote from: klump on October 17, 2005, 01:26:46 PM
Quote from: anaconda on October 16, 2005, 03:06:08 PM
I compared Pigs to Tool and Adam when it first came out,
I was damn near crucified but I stick by it, search around a bit
horn bearer and ye senses shall be harmed, there's 100s
of past topics discussing this very same dog.
You can hear the the tool influence.
and Meshuggah.
It's really a result of Adam Jones sticking his fingers in the pie. As long as Maynard stays the hell away from it all, it's cool with me.
Yeah totally. Here's Maynard's dumb joke that he said on stage when Buzz joined them for a song. "Here's Buzz from the Melvins. Not more metal than us"
he actually thinks he is funny? What's up with Maynard dressing like Puff Daddy in those recent Perfect Circle interviews? Pretty lame...
I think he should hang up his old hat and become Alice in Chains new singer. :|
Quote from: Leroy on October 17, 2005, 11:36:18 PM
Here's Maynard's dumb joke that he said on stage when Buzz joined them for a song. "Here's Buzz from the Melvins. Not more metal than us"...
Actually he said this:
Maynard: "This is Buzz from the Melvins. They're gonna be doing Ozzfest with us this year as well. None more metal than us."
Buzz: "But you guys were the one that won the Grammy!"
Maynard: "We won the Grammy, so eyes down please."
And I'm guessing it took him fifteen minutes to tell the joke, since he had to say it all slow and seriously.
Quote from: cellphone on October 19, 2005, 03:51:46 AM
And I'm guessing it took him fifteen minutes to tell the joke, since he had to say it all slow and seriously.
:lol:
I think many people missread the tool guys, they are really funny people, sarcastic and intelligent.
just because they dont behave like the mentors doesnt mean they arent funny.
cellphone hates Tool, there's nothing we can do about that.
http://www.last.fm/group/Melvins/forum/6357/_/21363#f191170
Quote from: norecess on October 25, 2005, 04:56:21 AM
cellphone hates Tool, there's nothing we can do about that.
As do I. They're no Melvins.
Quote from: Simon on October 25, 2005, 07:54:41 AM
Quote from: norecess on October 25, 2005, 04:56:21 AM
cellphone hates Tool, there's nothing we can do about that.
As do I. They're no Melvins.
Was that an argument?
Not that there are any arguments needed to dislike a band though.
Quote from: norecess on October 25, 2005, 08:21:56 AM
Quote from: Simon on October 25, 2005, 07:54:41 AM
Quote from: norecess on October 25, 2005, 04:56:21 AM
cellphone hates Tool, there's nothing we can do about that.
As do I. They're no Melvins.
Was that an argument?
Not that there are any arguments needed to dislike a band though.
Not an arguement, mate. Just an opinion. I'd rather have my eyes stabbed out with forks than listen to Tool.
Quote from: Simon on October 26, 2005, 07:09:18 AM
Quote from: norecess on October 25, 2005, 08:21:56 AM
Quote from: Simon on October 25, 2005, 07:54:41 AM
Quote from: norecess on October 25, 2005, 04:56:21 AM
cellphone hates Tool, there's nothing we can do about that.
As do I. They're no Melvins.
Was that an argument?
Not that there are any arguments needed to dislike a band though.
Not an arguement, mate. Just an opinion.
"As do I. They're no Melvins."
This? That ain't an opinion, but I think I understand what your point is, let's end this useless 'discussion' here.
hey recess! can I call you that? it's "funner" than marteen (no offense, of course)
do I sense a touchy subject? you must be big on TOOL hey?
do you honestly feel that tool is as good as or better than MELVINS? if so that's okay, it's your "opinion" and your entitled to it.
personally I think TOOL SUCKS horribly (don't be hating me now!). no offense to adam jones or anyone else but they just don't float my boat.
Quote from: norecess on October 26, 2005, 08:04:51 AM
Quote from: Simon on October 26, 2005, 07:09:18 AM
Quote from: norecess on October 25, 2005, 08:21:56 AM
Quote from: Simon on October 25, 2005, 07:54:41 AM
Quote from: norecess on October 25, 2005, 04:56:21 AM
cellphone hates Tool, there's nothing we can do about that.
As do I. They're no Melvins.
Was that an argument?
Not that there are any arguments needed to dislike a band though.
Not an arguement, mate. Just an opinion.
"As do I. They're no Melvins."
This? That ain't an opinion, but I think I understand what your point is, let's end this useless 'discussion' here.
Crudely translated, my statement was meant to say "As do I (as in I also hate tool). They are not as good as the Melvins."
Opinion.
I have no problem with you liking Tool recess, to each their own. I just don't like them.
tol definitely has their merits. at times i think they are quite good. i always wondered why the people who dislike them, do so intensely
Hehe, it's quite funny that you both two think I'm a Tool fan which I'm absolutely not. But it's not that I hate them either. In fact, there's not too many bands I really hate, why would I? Of course it happens sometimes that I don't like a band, but hate 'em? No.
And glen, how about 'Maarten' instead of 'marteen' (which sounds like a girl name to me! although I have long hair!)
And for the record, I'm as obsessed with the melvins as the rest of us, it seems like a chronical deceise sometimes, really. When I was trying out some 'new' bandsa a few years ago, I thought the Melvins would just be a phase and that it would last for a few months, maximum, but I just can't seem to beat 'em.
EDIT:
This paragraph is from the Aquarius website, it's an excerpt from a review about Nirvana's WTLO. I just thought of this review because I'm listening to Revolver (with an 'r' at the end) right now.
QuoteBeen trying to figure out what to write about this for a while now. Every time I sit down to write it, I feel like I'm trying to write a euology for an old friend. Which should speak volumes. We knew this was coming. And man, were we excited. And it is not a disappointment in any way. If anything, it's more than we could have hoped for. See, everyone loves Nirvana. Everyone. Those of you who say you don't are just trying to be c'ool'. Sort of like the people who talk about how the Beatles suck. The Beatles did not suck. They wrote more perfect pop songs than any band in the history of rock and roll. Nirvana also don't suck. And are also responsible for some of the best songs ever. It's not cool to pretend you don't like Nirvana. Not at all. In fact, it's unbelievably UNCOOL. Why deny yourself some of the most important, visceral music of the last 15 years? Because it gets played on MTV? Because jocks blast "Smells Like Teen Spirit" after the big game? Nope, sorry. Not good enough.
I also feel that most people who 'hate' Tool just don't like 'em but saying they 'hate' Tool because that seems very cool or something.
hey MAARTEN! (my little neighbor kids name is marteen, I am going to tell him you said he has a girls name)
now that I got your attention, I got the G.G. stuff on to my documents, now I just got to get them to this board. any ideas? (good LORD I am stupid!)
the old "copy and paste" trick doesn't seem to work.
Quote from: glen on October 26, 2005, 09:15:26 AM
hey MAARTEN! (my little neighbor kids name is marteen, I am going to tell him you said he has a girls name)
Relaly? You're going to mention me to your buddies? How cool!
Quotenow that I got your attention, I got the G.G. stuff on to my documents, now I just got to get them to this board. any ideas? (good LORD I am stupid!)
the old "copy and paste" trick doesn't seem to work.
Is it already digitalized? If so, what's the file size? And is it one file? or are there more?
hey now, don't be a wise-ass, I'll have marteen's big brother kick your ass!! (hehe)
there are 4 images, I put them in a file in MY PICTURES, the file size is 668kb.
I am able to copy them to a clipboard but then I can't retrive them off the clipboard (because I can't find it!) once I get to the post.
Quote from: glen on October 26, 2005, 09:29:17 AM
hey now, don't be a wise-ass, I'll have marteen's big brother kick your ass!! (hehe)
OH YEAH? I guess you never realized how big I am then!
Quotethere are 4 images, I put them in a file in MY PICTURES, the file size is 668kb.
Are you sure those are the right images? They seem 2 kilobyte too big.
QuoteI am able to copy them to a clipboard but then I can't retrive them off the clipboard (because I can't find it!) once I get to the post.
It seems that it's easier to e-mail 'em to me, then I can upload 'em to one of my servers so everyone can access them. If that's OK with you, of course. I'll be done working (hehe, I too get paid for this) in an hour but tonight I go visiting afriend of mine in Haarlem (the little town Harlem was named after) so I could put them online then tomorrow. If you decide to e-mail them, my e-mail address is maarten.wierda@gmail.com.
alright recess, I am going to keep fucking with this for a while to see if I can't figure it out.
if I don't get it by the time I leave work in about 5 hours I will email them to you.
wish me luck, I need it!
the 2nd cumming of jesus christ allin :P
I'll probably buy the new TOOL album. What's the date on that again?
didn't someone say it comes out in a couple weeks or something?