themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Show Reviews => Topic started by: thor on November 01, 2005, 06:09:14 AM

Title: 10/31/2005 Great American Music Hall San Francisco, CA w/ Jello Biafra Halloween
Post by: thor on November 01, 2005, 06:09:14 AM
I feel lucky that I currently live in the Bay Area of California and get to see the Melvins on a regular basis.

Tonight was simply awesome. I've never seen the Dead Kennedy's....but tonight was as close as it gets. I walked through the tenderloin district of Sf to get to the GAMH, and risked life and limb to check this show out.

It was fucking awesome........

I drank heavily before the show. I got to see Zolar x and the Dicks......they were ok...but it really was killing time until the Melvins and Jello hit the stage. Jello was good introducin each act as it came up..


Jello really was awesome with the Melvins. He didn't stop moving the whole time, and really got into it. DSS was great on bass, and of course....Buzzo and Dale were there consumate professionals that they are.....

no real suprises as I've read the other show reviews....I knew Buzzo would be in camo dress/housecoat and ski mask.... they did some classic DKs tunes as well as stuff off the new two albums with Jello.

I bought 3 posters at the merch booth as I said I would ....thank you richie...were you in a sailor hat? I was wearing my Melvins army tshirt.....

I got Sieg Howdy for $10 at the merch table which was cool.....loved it on the ride home.


Cannot wait for the next Melvins show......
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



I brought my friend to the show...he caught a latex disposable glove from Jello....loved it.

It really was a great time.....if you can...see this show...it rocked!
Title: Re: Jelvins Halloween night Oct 31, 2005 GAMH, SF, CA.
Post by: RichieGoodtimes on November 02, 2005, 02:36:23 AM
Twasn't me in the sailor hat. I was one of the vikings...Moss being the other. I had the red furry vest on.

Due to poor travel planning...meaning getting across SF on Halloween and not being able to get a cab... I only saw the last Dicks song and I was kinda bummed but they're playing on Thursday at  the Eagle so I'll catch them then.

The Jellvins were way better than last Halloween. Jello talking less is definitely a plus.

There was a bit of a poster crisis that day. Those brown ones came together last minute. My printer didn't ship them in time so I had to go down to the print shop I used to work at and bust those out with what I had on hand as fast as I could. Maybe sometime in the future either the Melvins or Alternative Tentacles will have the real ones as they were supposed to be...bigger and two colors, dayglo red and black, for sale...if I ever get them.

I'm looking forward to going down to LA in 2 weeks to see the Melvins set and Altamont.

Moderately humorous anecdote about me trying to get in. So...I'm already kinda on edge from my hour long getting from the Mission to the GAMH ordeal and I get there finally and there's this dude taking forever at the will call window and I can hear the Dicks playing.  So I'm starting to get kinda pissed and I'm about to say something shitty but he finishes and turns around and it's fucking Mike Patton.
Title: Re: Jelvins Halloween night Oct 31, 2005 GAMH, SF, CA.
Post by: Vcavallo on November 02, 2005, 08:22:06 AM
so it was fucking patton, and what was patton doing, just standing there letting it fuck him?  is this why he took so long at the counter, because the thing was fucking him?

^ not funny...
Title: Re: Jelvins Halloween night Oct 31, 2005 GAMH, SF, CA.
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on November 02, 2005, 11:14:50 AM
Cheer up Vinney, my seven year old friend thought it was funny!  :P :D
Title: Re: Jelvins Halloween night Oct 31, 2005 GAMH, SF, CA.
Post by: thor on November 02, 2005, 12:18:06 PM
Ahh I was wondering why the posters were on the brown paper stock instead of your normal high quality stuff. I still bought three as I promised.

If anyone wants Jello's rubber disposable glove that he threw into the audience and my friend caught...I'll mail it to you. :)
Title: Re: Jelvins Halloween night Oct 31, 2005 GAMH, SF, CA.
Post by: RichieGoodtimes on November 02, 2005, 02:09:39 PM
Fucking was used as an adjective, not a verb.
Title: jelvins in sf
Post by: gesundheit on November 02, 2005, 02:25:28 PM
i went to the show on halloween... left me speechless

the melvins played no melvins originals as presumed... was strictly a jello event with them backing him up

i was staring at the setlist the entire show but couldn't reach for it at the end and somebody else got it but i do remember them opening with halo of flies (after dss's incredible opening jam)... they also played california uber alles and chemical warfare, etc., they came back for an "encore" with rock and roll mcdonalds and holiday in cambodia

i do wish they had played a melvins set but the show just blew me away... i liked the opening bands too, munley and the lee lewis harlots were pretty jammin and zolar x and the dicks kicked ass!

i am wondering though... since they had all those opening bands it was no wondering why there wasn't a melvins set but somebody needs to let me know if the melvins play (melvins stuff) at any of the shows until sacramento... i will probably end up going to it regardless but i was just wondering and hoping they do for sure
Title: Re: Jelvins Halloween night Oct 31, 2005 GAMH, SF, CA.
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on November 02, 2005, 06:37:36 PM
'Fuck' is a magical word.  It can be used as a noun, a verb, an adjective, as well as many other constructs of the English language.  'Fuck' is the unicorn in the land of Grammar.  :P
Title: Re: Jelvins Halloween night Oct 31, 2005 GAMH, SF, CA.
Post by: glen on November 02, 2005, 07:03:30 PM
Quote from: KURDTLUVUR! on November 02, 2005, 06:37:36 PM
'Fuck' is the unicorn
Title: Re: jelvins in sf
Post by: humboldt_bear on November 02, 2005, 08:19:57 PM
I have a few of those tunes(from the halloween gig) on mp3...downloaded of limewire...
Title: Re: jelvins in sf
Post by: cheeseburger on November 03, 2005, 04:29:03 AM
it was o.k. imo.
thank god for the dicks, they were fucking great.
as for the jelvins, well we left half way through their set... i'm sorry i just got all my jello out at 15, at this point he's just annoying. he's not talking about anything we or i don't already know.



i need a soap box....
then maybe i can be a "punk" icon someday.
Title: Re: jelvins in sf
Post by: gesundheit on November 03, 2005, 10:57:48 AM
well.... i hadn't heard any dead kennedys (except california uber alles sounded very familiar) before so it was a new experience for me... plus, i was "hugging" one of the monitors on the stage so the whole show was pretty intense for me... i stayed to hear the sick band and not necessarily for jellos antics.. the dicks were pretty fucking cool too
Title: Re: jelvins in sf
Post by: RichieGoodtimes on November 03, 2005, 04:09:28 PM
The Dicks are playing tonight at the Eagle. I will be there.
Title: Re: jelvins in sf
Post by: cheeseburger on November 03, 2005, 05:44:06 PM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on November 03, 2005, 04:09:28 PM
The Dicks are playing tonight at the Eagle. I will be there.

i wish i could go, but i already have shit to do tonite. damn.
the eagle would be a great place to see them.
Title: Re: jelvins in sf
Post by: wlly on November 08, 2005, 10:32:51 PM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on November 03, 2005, 04:09:28 PM
The Dicks are playing tonight at the Eagle. I will be there.

if you showed up on time for the halloween show you would'a seen em then.    :P
Title: Re: Jelvins Halloween night Oct 31, 2005 GAMH, SF, CA.
Post by: wlly on November 08, 2005, 10:38:00 PM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on November 02, 2005, 02:36:23 AM
but he finishes and turns around and it's fucking Mike Patton.

how bout that sweatsuit.
Title: Re: jelvins in sf
Post by: RichieGoodtimes on November 08, 2005, 11:42:20 PM
True Wally...but if I showed up on time for a show the fabric of the universe might unravel.
Title: Re: jelvins in sf
Post by: mumu on November 09, 2005, 11:15:17 AM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on November 08, 2005, 11:42:20 PM
True Wally...but if I showed up on time for a show the fabric of the universe might unravel.
(http://www.fluvium.org/imagenes/stephen-hawking.jpg)
Title: Re: jelvins in sf
Post by: wlly on November 09, 2005, 02:14:08 PM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on November 08, 2005, 11:42:20 PM
True Wally...but if I showed up on time for a show the fabric of the universe might unravel.

heh, i figgered you knew it was me even though my user name is wrong.

yo mods, can ya change my name from wlly to wally?
Title: Re: jelvins in sf
Post by: ceciliascarr on November 11, 2005, 12:27:06 PM
Does anyone have a recording our pictures from the SF show???????


:shock:
Title: Re: Jelvins Halloween night Oct 31, 2005 GAMH, SF, CA.
Post by: ZAPPAJOE on November 16, 2005, 07:59:12 AM
There are some photos from the show here.

http://www.wildlupin.com/jelloween/
Title: Re: Jelvins Halloween night Oct 31, 2005 GAMH, SF, CA.
Post by: gesundheit on November 16, 2005, 11:44:57 AM
SWEET!!!! i can see the back of my head in some of those pictures...