so on soulseek, i found a 1983 bedroom recording with this tracklist:
1 for you darling (1:54)
2 wound and wound (0:56)
is this legit? it sounds like the melvins. i've searched google a million times for info on this and all i can find is guitar tabs for for you darling and absolutely no mention of wound and wound.
did these songs get rereleased with any of the ipecac stuff (26 songs, gluey porch treatments, mangled demos, etc.)???
thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!!!!
I found 'Wound and Wound' on Limewire recently. I was wondering about the source as well.
It's not on any of the Ipecac re-issues
i wonder whos bedroom it was recorded in.
Think it was in Dale's bedroom.
I have this.
Could anyone be so kind as to post the mp3s??
.......please [-o<
Here's one: http://lazerman.netomia.dk/Melvins-For_You_Darling.mp3
'Wound and Wound' is on my work computer, I'll up it next week.
btw, its pronounced 'wound' like wound up tight, a pisstake on
Ratt's 'Round and Round' from that era
thankyou thankyou thankyou
I'm always humbled by your generosity...
and here's wound and wound
http://lincolnlivemusic.com/melvins%20-%20wound%20and%20wound.mp3
Thanks Toolvins.
Quote from: DubEMC on February 10, 2006, 07:33:36 PM
Think it was in Dale's bedroom.
I have this.
Someone's mom was pissed.......
Quote from: MS on February 11, 2006, 03:59:51 PM
Quote from: DubEMC on February 10, 2006, 07:33:36 PM
Think it was in Dale's bedroom.
I have this.
Someone's mom was pissed.......
That's how it's supposed to be ;)
That clip of "Can't hear the t.v. in there" is also at the begining of a song on GPT or 26 Songs.
26 Songs, beginning of Grinding Process. Can anyone tell me why the demo songs on 26 Songs sound better than the demo songs on Gluey Porch Treatments? And I don't mean the 6 Songs tracks.
Quote from: Huey P. Newton on February 12, 2006, 09:24:30 PM
That clip of "Can't hear the t.v. in there" is also at the begining of a song on GPT or 26 Songs.
Dale told me once that his mom said that TV quote. She was cool as hell to let them practice in his room when it was loud as hell and she was across the kitchen in the lvingroom. The house was very small. My parents bitched when my ghetto blaster was up over 1/2 way. I found it amazing that there were parents who would allow that. Simply astounding....
for some reason i thought Dale joined the band after 1983...this is really good shit. thanks for the hook-up conda and Toolvins.
does anyone else have a longer version of "wound and wound"? seems like it just cuts off.
Quote from: rimb_38 on February 11, 2006, 02:12:16 AM
I'm always humbled by your generosity...
Jesus Lizard?