themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: KURDTLUVUR! on March 27, 2006, 01:48:07 PM

Title: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on March 27, 2006, 01:48:07 PM
It's a set, you can also get it from Aesthetic Apparatus:

(http://www.burlesquedesign.com/store/p_melvinsjuxtapoz_t.jpg)

http://www.burlesquedesign.com/store.htm
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: anaconda on March 27, 2006, 03:29:16 PM
Not being snooty or anything, but that particular poster just doesn't 'do it' for me.
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: ManWithNoName on March 27, 2006, 03:33:18 PM
too many things going on.
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on March 27, 2006, 03:51:19 PM
I'll have to agree with the consensus so far, the set doesn't really move me either.  It reminds me of the 'one of a kind' screen print/test prints that silk screeners sometimes make.
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: anaconda on March 27, 2006, 04:20:59 PM
Ya exactly, where they take a waste sheet and run it thru a few times to check color.

(http://www.coolforever.com/temp/colourbox_colourbox.JPG)
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: rhett E rock on March 27, 2006, 07:26:04 PM
i like it, but i think the band logos should be a bit bigger. 
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: mcnail on March 29, 2006, 12:42:35 AM
I'm all about it.  Then again, Aaron Horkey (the one that did the face) is my favorite artist.
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: GrimReaper on March 29, 2006, 02:30:27 AM

It looks like its 3-d from the picture.


Is it?
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: Lunica on March 29, 2006, 12:43:54 PM
haha, they have a poster for "mel gibson and the pants"
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: glen on March 29, 2006, 12:52:27 PM
Quote from: anaconda on March 27, 2006, 03:29:16 PM
Not being snooty or anything, but that particular poster just doesn't 'do it' for me.

personally, it gives me a fucking headache.
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: CaptainPungent on March 29, 2006, 05:05:05 PM
Quote from: glen on March 29, 2006, 12:52:27 PM
Quote from: anaconda on March 27, 2006, 03:29:16 PM
Not being snooty or anything, but that particular poster just doesn't 'do it' for me.

personally, it gives me a fucking headache.
you hit the nail on the head.

i get that same feeling.
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: guesswhatilikethemelvins on April 07, 2006, 02:07:49 PM
i think the colors are really out there, but that works for me. it doesn't really scream "MELVINS!" though.

the face in it kinda reminds me of the cover from a Gentle Giant album...
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: anaconda on April 07, 2006, 02:21:06 PM
It's a piece of 'ephemera' that's been lifted from a book of old etchings
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: RichieGoodtimes on April 07, 2006, 05:23:19 PM
You're ony half right. Some of that has been lifted, some of it is original art.  If Horky had a hand in that then a lot of that stuff that looks like lifted etchings is guaranteed to be original illustrations...that look like old etchings. I don't know who did what, though, so I'm not sure.
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: klump on April 08, 2006, 05:19:00 AM
Quote from: glen on March 29, 2006, 12:52:27 PM
Quote from: anaconda on March 27, 2006, 03:29:16 PM
Not being snooty or anything, but that particular poster just doesn't 'do it' for me.

personally, it gives me a fucking headache.

This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit
I thought about my space and I really got me down
(got me down)
Got me so down, I got me a headache
My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

I was counting the rings
And I fell me into sleep
I peeked to see if you were way back when
I was counting the trees
Until a day when there was one
I'd hoped beneath, asleep is where that you had been

This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit
I thought about my space and I really got me down
(got me down)
Got me so down, I got me a headache
My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

Well, I found you
Maybe you can help me
And I can help you

This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit
I thought about my space and I really got me down
(got me down)
Got me so down, I got me a headache
My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound
Got me so down, I got me a headache
My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound
This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit
I thought about my space and I really got me down
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: rimb on April 08, 2006, 10:16:18 AM
^ Beach Boys or Frank Black?   ;)
Title: Re: Melvins Show Poster for Sale
Post by: klump on April 08, 2006, 10:29:12 AM
Quote from: rimb_38 on April 08, 2006, 10:16:18 AM
^ Beach Boys or Frank Black?