themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: The Fool on November 05, 2006, 03:13:03 AM

Title: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 05, 2006, 03:13:03 AM
hey all,
anyone interested in really good 'new' mp3's of the HAT 7" B-sides?

let me know if you are cos i recently sold my 'spare' set to jasonpc who ripped them and sent me the mp3's via yousendit, so i can probably send them on like that if anyone (Vinnie?) wants to host them on their site or whatever :wink:

Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: maffymaff on November 05, 2006, 06:31:53 AM
I want!!!!!!! :D
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 05, 2006, 10:53:14 AM
Holy sheitzer!  Someone ruined Maffymaffy's perfect record!  It's time for us to weep!
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: Vcavallo on November 05, 2006, 11:13:27 AM
i've got those mp3s.  i figured everyone has heard them already..i can host mine (or yours if the quality is better) on my site if people are interested.  or someone can do a yousendit.  donmattatome
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: maffymaff on November 05, 2006, 02:17:04 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 05, 2006, 10:53:14 AM
Holy sheitzer!  Someone ruined Maffymaffy's perfect record!  It's time for us to weep!

I spotted the other day that I'd got my first smiting but I let it slide. It was only a matter of time until it all went tits up!
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: FartLips on November 05, 2006, 02:55:54 PM
Quote from: maffymaff on November 05, 2006, 02:17:04 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 05, 2006, 10:53:14 AM
Holy sheitzer!
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 05, 2006, 04:28:50 PM
Quote from: maffymaff on November 05, 2006, 06:31:53 AM
I want!!!!!!! :D

i've forwarded the emails to you maff. :wink:
...let me know if the links don't work
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: maffymaff on November 05, 2006, 05:19:01 PM
For some reason Jerkin krokus won't download!  :(

Got all the others though.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 05, 2006, 07:37:40 PM
Quote from: maffymaff on November 05, 2006, 05:19:01 PM
For some reason Jerkin krokus won't download!
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: Mash on November 05, 2006, 07:45:46 PM
Quote from: The Fool on November 05, 2006, 03:13:03 AM
hey all,
anyone interested in really good 'new' mp3's of the HAT 7" B-sides?

let me know if you are cos i recently sold my 'spare' set to jasonpc who ripped them and sent me the mp3's via yousendit, so i can probably send them on like that if anyone (Vinnie?) wants to host them on their site or whatever :wink:



I'd love to grab em too. I've got the singles, but no turntable at home, only at work. So yeah ... possible?
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 05, 2006, 08:33:23 PM
Quote from: thelasttoknow on November 05, 2006, 07:45:46 PM

I'd love to grab em too. I've got the singles, but no turntable at home, only at work. So yeah ... possible?

if you give me your email addy (if you don't want to post it on the board- pm it to me), i'll see what i can do :wink:
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: maffymaff on November 06, 2006, 12:56:10 PM
Cheers Brent! All done and dusted now!

Sweet!!!! :D
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 06, 2006, 04:30:08 PM
Quote from: maffymaff on November 06, 2006, 12:56:10 PM
Cheers Brent! All done and dusted now!

Sweet!!!! :D

excellent  8)
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: NOXAGT on November 06, 2006, 04:32:46 PM
Aren
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 06, 2006, 04:34:45 PM
Quote from: NOXAGT on November 06, 2006, 04:32:46 PM
Aren
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: seas of luck on November 06, 2006, 05:15:33 PM
I want them!
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 06, 2006, 06:21:02 PM
Quote from: seas of luck on November 06, 2006, 05:15:33 PM
I want them!

ok- the links are only valid for 3 more days (or 100 downloads), so here they are for anyone else who wants them
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: seas of luck on November 07, 2006, 07:15:03 PM
Thanks for posting those.  I found most of them on soulseek a few months ago but these are better quality.

Did you rip these yourself?  I wouldn't mind hearing the 33rpm versions if it's not too much trouble.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 07, 2006, 07:24:23 PM
Quote from: seas of luck on November 07, 2006, 07:15:03 PM
Thanks for posting those.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: Eponymous on November 08, 2006, 12:27:32 AM
These do sound a little warmer. Shame they're only 160kbps, though.  :(
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: tesseract on November 09, 2006, 01:08:39 PM
Fool:

Any chance you can post them again?  I was unable to grab Foaming and Amy; firefox was insisting on playing those two files instead of downloading.

The quality is great, now I can seal the originals in glass.

ta
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 09, 2006, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: tesseract on November 09, 2006, 01:08:39 PM
Fool:

Any chance you can post them again?
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 10, 2006, 08:32:28 PM
Quote from: tesseract on November 09, 2006, 01:08:39 PM
Fool:

Any chance you can post them again?
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: mopafeena on November 10, 2006, 10:08:53 PM
I thought the song was called Arnie.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: Vcavallo on November 11, 2006, 12:49:43 PM
it is  :D
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 11, 2006, 04:57:40 PM
blame jason pc!  :lol:
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 11, 2006, 05:11:57 PM
Don't be a fool
Be cool.
Stay in school.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: tesseract on November 13, 2006, 10:12:52 AM
Thanks Fool!

:ta
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: feelmytool on November 20, 2006, 10:05:37 PM
Can one of you upload these again, i'd love to grab it!
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 20, 2006, 10:36:46 PM
Quote from: feelmytool on November 20, 2006, 10:05:37 PM
Can one of you upload these again, i'd love to grab it!

do you have soulseek?
get them off me there. pm for details :wink:
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: feelmytool on November 21, 2006, 05:28:01 PM
Nope i don't have soulseek. Is there anyway for a megaupload or a torrent on traders den? Actually, any torrent site with the exception of dime.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: hagus667 on November 21, 2006, 09:24:09 PM
I'm new here and I own about half of the 7"s, but no turntable.  I would love these mp3's.  what do I do?
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 21, 2006, 09:26:07 PM
Quote from: hagus667 on November 21, 2006, 09:24:09 PM
I'm new here and I own about half of the 7"s, but no turntable.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on November 21, 2006, 09:53:07 PM
feelmytool and hagus667!
...check your pm's! :wink:
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: jgarver on November 21, 2006, 10:14:14 PM
Anyone else wants these, I'll post them for a while here:
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: feelmytool on November 21, 2006, 10:21:39 PM
THANK YOU BOTH!!!
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: suck poppet on July 13, 2008, 07:26:01 PM
anyone like to post these again for us greenhorns? I just got Gun Club's Fire of Love and I'd love to hear melvins "promise me" not to mention all the other songs, thanx!
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: cheeseburger on July 14, 2008, 09:51:36 AM
Quote from: suck poppet on July 13, 2008, 07:26:01 PM
anyone like to post these again for us greenhorns? I just got Gun Club's Fire of Love and I'd love to hear melvins "promise me" not to mention all the other songs, thanx!
agreed.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: heavyR on July 15, 2008, 11:36:17 AM
What quality are these files? Is there any way for some good quality copies to see the light? Maybe a V0 mp3 or cbr 320kbps? At this point I don't even download 192kbps anymore.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: VaticanShotglass on July 15, 2008, 12:15:45 PM
I snoozed, I loozed.  Damnation.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on July 15, 2008, 07:36:42 PM
I'll put them up again soon and post the info up here :wink:

As for the files, they are a beautiful rips from a pro recording setup.
They are 'only' 160k mp3's, but at 48k and i doubt you will find better quality- even in they are encoded at a higher bit rate.

...Anyway, stay tuned for details!  8)
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: rimb on July 16, 2008, 04:45:39 AM
I'd love to get some lossless versions of these HAT b-sides if anyone has them please?
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: heavyR on August 09, 2008, 01:15:52 PM
Did anyone ever get these uploaded again, I missed them the first time.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on August 10, 2008, 09:46:56 PM
Quote from: heavyR on August 09, 2008, 01:15:52 PM
Did anyone ever get these uploaded again, I missed them the first time.

I didn't upload them since everyone was asking for flac versions, which I don't have.
What I have are awesome quality recordings, but they are 48k 160kbps mp3 files.
Let me know if you want me to upload them again :wink:
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: Dr.Benway on August 10, 2008, 10:15:51 PM
please
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: JJ on August 10, 2008, 11:12:25 PM
Quote from: The Fool on August 10, 2008, 09:46:56 PM
Quote from: heavyR on August 09, 2008, 01:15:52 PM
Did anyone ever get these uploaded again, I missed them the first time.

I didn't upload them since everyone was asking for flac versions, which I don't have.
What I have are awesome quality recordings, but they are 48k 160kbps mp3 files.
Let me know if you want me to upload them again :wink:

double pretty please.....I've got the vinyl but would like to get 'em into my ipood
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on August 10, 2008, 11:26:55 PM
Cool- where should I upload?
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: Salt on August 11, 2008, 10:15:39 AM
Quote from: The Fool on August 10, 2008, 11:26:55 PM
Cool- where should I upload?
Rapidshare or Megaupload are your best bets.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on August 11, 2008, 11:36:24 AM
In order from Ol' Black Stooges thru to Foaming- I don't have Anti-Vermin unfortunately...

Foaming -faster version
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4MOHD95Q

Return of the Spiders (Alice Cooper)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AM6Q6IRD

Jerkin' Krokus (Mott the Hoople)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A8DB2PD8

Promise Me (Gun Club)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3VE993FT

Today Your Love... Tomorrow the World (Ramones)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M5VPGJMD

Arnie (Warlock Pinchers)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1HFV9Z2

Enjoy!!! 8)
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: I am the Sun on August 11, 2008, 01:06:08 PM
Thanks for those! If anyone has the Anti-Vermin Seed single it'd be greatly appreciated if you could upload it.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: anaconda on August 11, 2008, 02:20:17 PM
Antivermin Seed Part II

http://thesickos.free.fr/antivermin_pt_2.mp3 (http://thesickos.free.fr/antivermin_pt_2.mp3)
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: Dr.Benway on August 11, 2008, 10:38:42 PM
Thank you kind sirs.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: The Fool on August 11, 2008, 10:49:37 PM
...Glad to be of service! 8)
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: I am the Sun on August 12, 2008, 03:33:51 AM
I love you guys!
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: MIVSY on August 12, 2008, 07:40:26 AM
thanks guys!
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: fraxs on August 16, 2008, 08:26:03 PM
thank you very much! Just snagged those right now.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: jasonpc on October 03, 2008, 09:12:16 AM
awesome, just deleted my whole hard drive like a fucking idiot...83 gig of music.... good to have something of it back.
I really wish i had spent a little more time on these though.
still at least i dont have to do it all again, I really don't know how those "uploader" dudes get around o doing this shit.


Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: rimb on October 03, 2008, 10:24:02 AM
Quote from: jasonpc on October 03, 2008, 09:12:16 AM
awesome, just deleted my whole hard drive like a fucking idiot...83 gig of music.... good to have something of it back.
I really wish i had spent a little more time on these though.
still at least i dont have to do it all again, I really don't know how those "uploader" dudes get around o doing this shit.




Hey Jason - what's going on with Blood Duster?  Not much news on your website and the message board looks like it's disappeared.
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: jasonpc on October 06, 2008, 09:24:43 AM
just lazy... we are writing some new stuff.
guitarist just had a kid... or his partner did at least.

the forum went a while ago and we havent got round to putting another on up.
just laziness all round really.

new songs are sounding good at least...
Title: Re: HAT 7" B-sides- great 'new' mp3's
Post by: turnacus on October 07, 2008, 05:49:34 AM
Well, I appreciate the uploads, but it appears I already have them. Like finding a 20 dollar bill in an old jacket.

And for once, I actually own the singles.