themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Schnabster on March 15, 2007, 04:37:38 PM

Title: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Schnabster on March 15, 2007, 04:37:38 PM
Mine is for the moment Cranky Messiah, a track I seem to have overlooked in my frenetic eating of all Melvins-material I could come over, after my awakening in 2003. Imagine, then 32 years old and not aware of the most important band on planet earth? There should be a punishment for that.

Anyhow, Cranky Messiah gets my vote.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Erikkerik on March 16, 2007, 05:45:00 AM
I`m giving mine to Wispy
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: steve on March 16, 2007, 03:44:06 PM
Little Judas Chongo - the perfect 2 minute song
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: mopafeena on March 16, 2007, 09:00:07 PM
What would you consider short? Like what's the duration limit?
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: stahlhelm on March 16, 2007, 09:23:59 PM
Operation Blessing
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Schnabster on March 17, 2007, 03:05:32 AM
Quote from: mopafeena on March 16, 2007, 09:00:07 PM
What would you consider short? Like what's the duration limit?

1:30 +/-. Ramones-style.

Check out Schnabsters MySpace-site, he even has Cranky Messia as a profile-song:

http://www.myspace.com/schnabela1
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: FartLips on March 17, 2007, 03:19:26 AM
hogleg, the song, not the man.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: ManWithNoName on March 17, 2007, 02:24:38 PM
amazon
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: anaconda on March 17, 2007, 02:45:51 PM
thank god none of you jokers said pure digital silence.                       yet.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: tommyhc on March 17, 2007, 03:03:09 PM
1.Second Coming
2.Toy
3.Now a limo
4.Hide
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: anaconda on March 17, 2007, 03:12:17 PM
now a limo!! nice. i like love thing :)
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: ninjabachelorparty on March 17, 2007, 04:13:57 PM
'Ever Since My Accident'
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: GrimReaper on March 18, 2007, 04:44:32 AM

GlueyPorch Treatment

Dr. Geek

Claude
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: norecess on March 18, 2007, 04:46:00 AM
I'm also going with Cranky Messiah for now.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: duratop on March 18, 2007, 04:51:17 PM
BERTHAS
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Andy on March 18, 2007, 06:11:03 PM
Quote from: duratop on March 18, 2007, 04:51:17 PM
BERTHAS

The Kiss riff that just keeps on going! That riff makes me laugh because you think it's going to repeat itself but it never does.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: (the) Razor on March 18, 2007, 08:28:01 PM
Oven.

8)
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Dead Cowboy on March 18, 2007, 11:04:26 PM
clipping roses!
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: al27 on March 19, 2007, 03:29:35 PM
Sweet Willy Rollbar

It kinda got me into the Melvins, so I'm a bit biased for it.

-al27
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: mopafeena on March 20, 2007, 12:07:41 AM
Quote from: al27 on March 19, 2007, 03:29:35 PM
Sweet Willy Rollbar

It kinda got me into the Melvins, so I'm a bit biased for it.

-al27

Not a bad choice. I use to listen to that song over and over.

hmm, i don't have my final answer yet though, still thinking about this one.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: norecess on March 20, 2007, 02:48:22 AM
Quote from: mopafeena on March 20, 2007, 12:07:41 AM
hmm, i don't have my final answer yet though, still thinking about this one.

Who does? Pick one!  :lol:
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: mopafeena on March 20, 2007, 03:35:15 AM
Quote from: norecess on March 20, 2007, 02:48:22 AM
Quote from: mopafeena on March 20, 2007, 12:07:41 AM
hmm, i don't have my final answer yet though, still thinking about this one.

Who does? Pick one!  :lol:

haha, i'm trying!  :lol:
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Idlehanz on March 20, 2007, 04:03:06 PM
I don't know what qualifies as short.  With Teeth is short....ish...
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: norecess on March 20, 2007, 05:52:47 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on March 20, 2007, 04:03:06 PM
I don't know what qualifies as short.

Oh, yes you do!  (http://themelvins.net/forum/Smileys/default/eusa_dance.gif)
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Lunica on March 20, 2007, 05:55:36 PM
Hes a midget?
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Idlehanz on March 20, 2007, 05:56:07 PM
Quote from: norecess on March 20, 2007, 05:52:47 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on March 20, 2007, 04:03:06 PM
I don't know what qualifies as short.

Oh, yes you do!  (http://themelvins.net/forum/Smileys/default/eusa_dance.gif)

Damn you!
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: AaronNi on March 21, 2007, 12:15:35 AM
I'm leaning towards Clipping Roses but it's hard to choose...
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Guts on March 21, 2007, 09:20:48 AM
Rickets
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Schnabster on March 21, 2007, 03:19:55 PM
Many good choices, Melvinsian children, Schnabster likes them all.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Idlehanz on March 21, 2007, 11:23:45 PM
Now I'm leaning towards 'We all love Judy'.  And I know we all do.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: norecess on March 22, 2007, 04:46:14 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on March 20, 2007, 05:56:07 PM
Quote from: norecess on March 20, 2007, 05:52:47 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on March 20, 2007, 04:03:06 PM
I don't know what qualifies as short.

Oh, yes you do!  (http://themelvins.net/forum/Smileys/default/eusa_dance.gif)

Damn you!

Haha, forget about it. Life's short already.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: al27 on March 22, 2007, 10:25:34 AM
If the first two parts of Amazon count as a song, then thats a pretty awesome one too.

I'd also like to nominate tracks 4 through 7 on (A) Senile Animal, as the longest one is 2:40.  Thats Ramones length.

-al27
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: GrimReaper on March 22, 2007, 02:00:57 PM

shortest punk song ever has to be the Fumes: Sister.

Clocks in a a whoping .49 seconds.

It is about telling a fellow man that you covet his sister.

Al you would concider  the lyrics unacceptable.

Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: al27 on March 22, 2007, 10:52:20 PM
Do you mean 49 seconds or .49 seconds, as in less than a half a second.

I remember hearing about a one second song, I don't remember who exactly (Napalm Death is popping up, but I don't recall), but that sounds crazy.

I wonder if anyone's ever downloaded a 1 second or less song on iTunes for 99 cents.

-al27
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: mopafeena on March 23, 2007, 04:01:18 AM
Quote from: al27 on March 22, 2007, 10:52:20 PM
Do you mean 49 seconds or .49 seconds, as in less than a half a second.

I remember hearing about a one second song, I don't remember who exactly (Napalm Death is popping up, but I don't recall), but that sounds crazy.

I wonder if anyone's ever downloaded a 1 second or less song on iTunes for 99 cents.

-al27

That was mentioned here a while ago i think. Can't think who the band was though, maybe Napalm. Hmm. I think a video was made for it too. Ahh, it's gonna bug me until i remember who it was by.

Anyone know?
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: al27 on March 23, 2007, 11:23:37 AM
Shortest punk song I have is "Quit Your Job" by Chixdiggit! which is 25 seconds long, or, for you fraction people, 5/12ths of a minute. 

I like Chixdiggit! they are really really catchy in a very Descendents kind of way.

-al27
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 23, 2007, 12:24:12 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on March 20, 2007, 05:56:07 PM
Quote from: norecess on March 20, 2007, 05:52:47 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on March 20, 2007, 04:03:06 PM
I don't know what qualifies as short.

Oh, yes you do!  (http://themelvins.net/forum/Smileys/default/eusa_dance.gif)

Damn you!
:lol:
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: norecess on March 25, 2007, 03:03:59 PM
Quote from: al27 on March 22, 2007, 10:52:20 PM
I remember hearing about a one second song, I don't remember who exactly (Napalm Death is popping up, but I don't recall), but that sounds crazy.

Maybe you mean 'You Suffer' from Scum. Wikipedia says it lasts 1.316 seconds.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: al27 on March 25, 2007, 10:36:56 PM
Maybe.

I really can't remember.

-al27
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: norecess on March 26, 2007, 04:21:07 AM
Quote from: al27 on March 25, 2007, 10:36:56 PM
Maybe.

I really can't remember.

John Peel used to play it several times after each other on BBC Radio after he got it. That may have been just the a-side of Scum.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: CaptainPungent on March 26, 2007, 01:37:05 PM
glowgod.
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Salty Green on March 31, 2007, 06:29:10 PM
Ever Since My Accident.

and on the Napalm Death tip here's a link to a video of them performing You Suffer live for those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Bqt9uzKDY
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: meezer on May 05, 2014, 08:20:44 AM
The Stupid Creep. Clocks in @ a mere 1:29! Always goes first when I record Nude With Boots to cassette. 8)
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: black stallion on May 05, 2014, 11:20:31 AM
TOY
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Captain CoryCory on May 05, 2014, 10:12:34 PM
A lot of heavy happens in a short time with Skweetis!

Honorable mentions:
99 Bottles of Beer
Tie My Pecker to a Tree
You're in the Army Now
Boss Hoss
Big As a Mountain
Hide
The Drum Intro leading to Black Stooges
If You Get Bored
(Flower)
The Real You
Run Around
Keep Away From Me
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: anaconda on May 05, 2014, 11:19:18 PM
Anaconda is just over 2 mins and amazing!
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: Dumpster D on May 06, 2014, 01:58:35 AM
Mombius. 8)
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: meezer on May 06, 2014, 07:23:25 AM
HIBACHI!  :nerd:
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: black stallion on May 06, 2014, 09:50:10 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on May 06, 2014, 01:58:35 AM
Mombius. 8)

EPIC
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: buddy holiday on May 06, 2014, 09:55:16 AM
Quote from: black stallion on May 06, 2014, 09:50:10 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on May 06, 2014, 01:58:35 AM
Mombius. 8)

EPIC
no stallion, that's faith no more. :wink:
Title: Re: Favourite short Melvins-tune?
Post by: black stallion on May 06, 2014, 10:21:44 AM
faith no more? :-&