themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: maffymaff on September 24, 2007, 04:41:58 PM

Title: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: maffymaff on September 24, 2007, 04:41:58 PM
Has anyone seen this before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-MELVINS-a-Senile-Animal-CD-80-HANDMADE-VER-LP_W0QQitemZ130154688854QQihZ003QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: anaconda on September 24, 2007, 05:16:46 PM
Ya, they've been selling it on this recent tour, it's only available at their merch table.

A couple people from the board have mentioned it in their reviews
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: Idlehanz on September 24, 2007, 05:48:45 PM
Quote from: anaconda on September 24, 2007, 05:16:46 PM
Ya, they've been selling it on this recent tour, it's only available at their merch table.

A couple people from the board have mentioned it in their reviews
They're pretty cool.  Printed and assembled by hand at deeohgee press in the Fall of 2007 using an 1896 old style chandler and price press.  taken from the inside cover.
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: maffymaff on September 24, 2007, 06:01:10 PM
Quote from: anaconda on September 24, 2007, 05:16:46 PM
Ya, they've been selling it on this recent tour, it's only available at their merch table.

A couple people from the board have mentioned it in their reviews

I've not been paying attention to the reviews. Mainly out of spite for not being on the right continent to see them!
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: lOuSiF on September 24, 2007, 07:06:41 PM
Holy Shit! it's up to $157 I bought one for $20  :shock:
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: lOuSiF on September 24, 2007, 07:23:32 PM
it just sold for $315  :shock: :shock: I wish I bought 2, but I think there were only 5 left at the seattle show.
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: anaconda on September 24, 2007, 07:35:41 PM
It's worth $375 as far as I'm concerned
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: glen on September 24, 2007, 07:52:56 PM
they ought to hold a few and dish 'em out later in the tour.    east siders get fucked.
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: anaconda on September 24, 2007, 08:00:44 PM
I suspect that limited edition "80 copies only" is more likely a run of 800 or more.
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: M i C H e L L e on September 24, 2007, 09:25:04 PM
Damn, I shoulda picked one up, if there's any left at the AZ shows, I'll snatch em up then!
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: anaconda on September 24, 2007, 09:38:46 PM
A fact I overlooked. Cheers Dud
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: GrimReaper on September 25, 2007, 12:27:08 AM

I fucked up and spent $20 on the double 45!
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: FartLips on September 25, 2007, 08:29:27 PM
i wish they had gone with this artwork instead of the other one.
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: mopafeena on September 26, 2007, 12:05:05 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on September 25, 2007, 08:29:27 PM
i wish they had gone with this artwork instead of the other one.
Yeah, i think i like it better too.
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: FartLips on September 29, 2007, 11:01:14 PM
any of these left? oh, new topic.
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 29, 2007, 11:02:57 PM
They just use the original cd from a/senile animal~ We should make a cut-out print-out, where anyone can make their own cardboard asa cd.
Title: Re: (A) Senile Animal special
Post by: GrimReaper on September 30, 2007, 10:49:05 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 29, 2007, 11:02:57 PM
They just use the original cd from a/senile animal~ We should make a cut-out print-out, where anyone can make their own cardboard asa cd.

The art work was done by Mackie O.  If we made one it wouldn't sell.

I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting one after seeing one sell for $300 on ebay.

Idle got one for you at the Showbox B-man.