Another great show indeed! The venue they played at was extremely small, and at first when we walked in I thought we were walking right into a brothel, the place was decorated with velvet walls, shag carpet, nude paintings and statues were everywhere you looked. It was really dead when we got there, and it almost felt like we were in the wrong place, but the crowd filled out more as the night went on.
I immediately went to the merch booth to chat with John. I can't tell you guys how incredible this guy is. He actually told me not too! He is a sweet heart though, and I think he may even be so kind as to "possibly" give me the other skull. He is very hesitant to part with it, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he keeps it for himself. He had tons of the Dallas "Where's Buzzo" posters left, and they were selling the Paris poster from April too. There was still some vinyl left, but most of the good stuff is already gone. No more of the Mackie (A)SA cd's left, which is a shame considering how much they are being sold for on Ebay. He also had a couple of unofficial posters from Austin and Dallas, which were cool.
I was a little spaced out and half drunk from bar hopping earlier, that I didn't pay much attention to APOD. It was a quick set change between bands. Big Business blew me away with I'll Give You Something to Cry About, and between songs Jared was telling amusing stories of his previous adventures in Tucson. The new song, which I didn't pay much attention to at earlier shows was really good, very heavy and solid.
I was able to get up onto a ledge in the windowsill off to the left of the stage, so I had a birds eye view of the entire show. It was nice to be above everyone, I rarely get to see shows like that. Most often I'm staring at the back of someones head since I'm such a shorty. Coady and Dale seem like they were Siamese Twins separated at birth, I can't beeelieve how in sync they are. The set went by really fast, but I love how the songs flow from one to the other. Coady sang HOG LEG this time!!!! Ballad of Dwight was really intense, I love Buzz's vocals, and the drumming was so heavy, I felt like my heart was going to pop out my chest it was such an emotional ending to a great show. Dale and Coady kept the drumming up at the end, and Dale was singing something about Bloody Mary's, and something easily offending him, yet getting slightly aroused. :?
We met some cool Tucsonians down there who hooked us up with some herb after the show, didn't get home til 3:30am and drive home seemed to take forever. I went to bed wishing that this tour would never end. I hope it's not too long of a wait until the next time we see them on tour again.
Cool.
Im seeing them tonight in Tempe! :D
Quote from: greenguy on October 22, 2007, 05:13:12 PM
Cool.
Im seeing them tonight in Tempe! :D
Hmmm...... When does the show start?
Somehow it would be cool if they played till midnight. You know, then the audience could congratulate a certain person on something.............
Dale's birthday??
Yep.
40 years of good old Dale.
Dale's a libra on the scorpio cusp! intense, that explains alot
Quote from: anaconda on October 22, 2007, 07:46:21 PM
Dale's a libra! intense, that explains alot
What happens if he's a virgo?
He's on the cusp of Libra/Scorpio - he probably has more Scorpio traits than he does Libra.
What are virgos like?
Smart, clever, intelligent, good looking, friendly, cute and well-mannered.
thanks norecess
Hell yeah Dale's now 40!
You've all been talking about typical zodiac personality traits so here's what it says about Libra/Scorpio:
QuoteIn their leisure time, Libra/Scorpios tend to have a definite lazy streak. However, this is barely perceptible because
they also enjoy difficult pursuits that challenge them to excel, and they refuse to settle for being anything less than the best.
8)
I was there but didnt see any of you.All I saw was a pond of zombies that just stood there and threw thier devil horns in the air now and then.I was easy to spot,I was the one that looked like he was having a hell of a time and pissing all the statues off. :twisted:
You shoulda found me and shared whatever drugs you had.