themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: sASQUACh on June 16, 2008, 05:24:44 PM

Title: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: sASQUACh on June 16, 2008, 05:24:44 PM
I attended a melvins show last year around september i believe.. it was starting out as a pretty normal night @ a show, i cruised over to the merch. table and BAM. I spotted what appeared to be a super limited, hand made album jacket that said a senile animal. upon further discussion i learned that what i was gazing @ was one of only 80 copies of a senile animal with a cardboard-esque jacket created by mackie ozbourne!!!
Needless to say, i bought one...
Does anyone one else have one of these gems?????
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: anaconda on June 16, 2008, 05:31:59 PM
(http://thesickos.free.fr/mackieo.jpg)
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: sASQUACh on June 16, 2008, 05:42:22 PM
Doesnt it just make you feel all warm and phuzzy having one of those?!?
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: anaconda on June 16, 2008, 05:47:43 PM
You might be interested in some of the other art on Mackie O's new website:

http://www.mackieosborne.com/ (http://www.mackieosborne.com/)
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: bathroom creep on June 16, 2008, 05:49:03 PM
Never got the chance to buy one and the only ones on ebay I've seen started at $200 or so...
I love the artwork on this one. The cardboard makes it look even cooler.
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: rictus on June 16, 2008, 08:09:48 PM
I have one...........in my dreams.  :(
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: black stallion on June 17, 2008, 06:15:54 AM
Quote from: sASQUACh on June 16, 2008, 05:24:44 PM
Does anyone one else have one of these gems?????
me not  ](*,)
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 17, 2008, 01:59:47 PM
Just plan on getting the box set if you want something similar.
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: Mad Arab on June 17, 2008, 06:14:29 PM
They sell for big bucks on ebay.
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: WeeNer on June 17, 2008, 06:20:07 PM
Quote from: sASQUACh on June 16, 2008, 05:24:44 PM
I attended a melvins show last year around september i believe.. it was starting out as a pretty normal night @ a show, i cruised over to the merch. table and BAM. I spotted what appeared to be a super limited, hand made album jacket that said a senile animal. upon further discussion i learned that what i was gazing @ was one of only 80 copies of a senile animal with a cardboard-esque jacket created by mackie ozbourne!!!
Needless to say, i bought one...
Does anyone one else have one of these gems?????

Did that show happen to be in Sacramento @ Harlow's?  Yeah I went to that show as well, saw this rare item, and for some odd reason I passed it up.  Well I'm now kicking myself in the ass for that one.  Oh well, it's some nice artwork though, and can't believe how much their going for now, Jesus fuck!!!
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: anaconda on June 17, 2008, 06:21:48 PM
it hit the hearts of the Mackie crowd and the melvins crowd all at once.
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: M i C H e L L e on June 17, 2008, 08:58:16 PM
Quote from: WeeNer on June 17, 2008, 06:20:07 PM
Quote from: sASQUACh on June 16, 2008, 05:24:44 PM
I attended a melvins show last year around september i believe.. it was starting out as a pretty normal night @ a show, i cruised over to the merch. table and BAM. I spotted what appeared to be a super limited, hand made album jacket that said a senile animal. upon further discussion i learned that what i was gazing @ was one of only 80 copies of a senile animal with a cardboard-esque jacket created by mackie ozbourne!!!
Needless to say, i bought one...
Does anyone one else have one of these gems?????

Did that show happen to be in Sacramento @ Harlow's?  Yeah I went to that show as well, saw this rare item, and for some odd reason I passed it up.  Well I'm now kicking myself in the ass for that one.  Oh well, it's some nice artwork though, and can't believe how much their going for now, Jesus fuck!!!

#-o  I did the same thing!  I was already in line buying merch and my friend threw me $20 to get her (A)SA.  John specifically ask me if I wanted the special edition one, and I said no.  Even if it was for my friend, I still shoulda fucking bought it!  #-o
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 17, 2008, 08:58:47 PM
Quote from: anaconda on June 17, 2008, 06:21:48 PM
it hit the hearts of the Mackie crowd and the melvins crowd all at once.
(http://www.poetseers.org/the_romantics/william_wordsworth/words)
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: Idlehanz on June 18, 2008, 08:09:59 PM
I was lucky enough to get one.....as if I wasn't hated enough right now :)
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: Dead Cowboy on June 18, 2008, 08:33:32 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 18, 2008, 08:09:59 PM
I was lucky enough to get one.....as if I wasn't hated enough right now :)

You shoulda seen him waving it in my face like the pompus knob gobbler he is.

"look at this ya little shite!..... does it make ya wanna give me a back rub?"
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: Idlehanz on June 18, 2008, 08:36:17 PM
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 18, 2008, 08:33:32 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 18, 2008, 08:09:59 PM
I was lucky enough to get one.....as if I wasn't hated enough right now :)

You shoulda seen him waving it in my face like the pompus knob gobbler he is.

"look at this ya little shite!..... does it make ya wanna give me a back rub?"
Oh yea.......thanks for the backrub.
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: FartLips on June 19, 2008, 05:11:52 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 18, 2008, 08:36:17 PM
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 18, 2008, 08:33:32 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 18, 2008, 08:09:59 PM
I was lucky enough to get one.....as if I wasn't hated enough right now :)

You shoulda seen him waving it in my face like the pompus knob gobbler he is.

"look at this ya little shite!..... does it make ya wanna give me a back rub?"
Oh yea.......thanks for the backrub.
:lol:
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: steve on June 19, 2008, 01:35:51 PM
I would consider swapping a never opened still-in-the-original-packaging  "Neither Here Nor There" (signed edition) for something like this.
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: Dead Cowboy on June 19, 2008, 04:10:26 PM
Quote from: steve on June 19, 2008, 01:35:51 PM
I would consider swapping a never opened still-in-the-original-packaging  "Neither Here Nor There" (signed edition) for something like this.


THis is what I get for NOT stealing shit from Hanz. Cause I thought i made a friend. Dammit.
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: brian on March 26, 2010, 11:26:24 AM
Quote from: anaconda on June 16, 2008, 05:31:59 PM
(http://thesickos.free.fr/mackieo.jpg)

does anyone have a higher res image of this? How many of these were pressed?
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: rictus on March 26, 2010, 11:41:18 AM
Wasn't there only like 200 of those or something? Hand printed by Mackie? I remember them going for lots of $$$ on eBay.
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: anaconda on March 26, 2010, 01:14:37 PM
Ya, they were hand printed by Mackie on her letterpress.

click on the DeeOhGee Press link at her site:
http://mackieosborne.com/ (http://mackieosborne.com/)
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: Idlehanz on March 26, 2010, 10:32:58 PM
Quote from: rictus on March 26, 2010, 11:41:18 AM
Wasn't there only like 200 of those or something? Hand printed by Mackie? I remember them going for lots of $$$ on eBay.
If I remember right, they were limited to 80.
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: Idlehanz on March 26, 2010, 10:48:19 PM
Just took a look at mine.  They are a limited edition of 80.  I have 65/80.

Here's a few pics.  Taken with a shit camera.

I remember buying two of these.  Sold one to a buddy that couldn't make the show.  Wish I had bought three now :)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/idlehanz/P3160111.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/idlehanz/P3160112.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/idlehanz/P3160115.jpg)
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: rictus on March 27, 2010, 04:36:24 PM
It just dawned on me when I was reading this thread that DeeOhGee is the phonetic spelling of DOG.  #-o
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 27, 2010, 05:50:25 PM
Quote from: rictus on March 27, 2010, 04:36:24 PM
It just dawned on me when I was reading this thread that DeeOhGee is the phonetic spelling of DOG.  #-o
:lol:
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: jules on March 28, 2010, 01:10:23 PM
Whoa! Coincidence! Just this minute managed to get one of these from a nice guy in USA who had one on ebay a while back but couldn't sell it. Happy day!
Title: Re: LIMITED EDITION (A) Senile Animal Tour Edition
Post by: brian on March 28, 2010, 01:25:37 PM
Can anyone supply an image of the inside where the text is legible that I can post to the discography?