theMelvins.net Tribute Album

Started by Andy Wood, January 18, 2008, 08:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaconda

It's never too late!! Remember the first melvins.net t-shirt took over 2 years,
and vinney's interview is still out there in the ether 4 years later, so fear not!

Kunda

im gonna try and record Vile today
the second part, particularly the drums are gonna be a bitch to record/remember, guess ill hafta kinda improvise that
we'll see how this will go

... depends on the amount of weed ill have i guess
why the hell not?

mopafeena

I still can't even decide which song to do. I'm thinking maybe skinhorse. I also don't really want to do a straight up cover but i know it will probally turn out that way.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Idlehanz

Talked to my buddy tonight about recording.  Soonest we can get together is the middle of next month.  We're throwing around different songs than Scared.  Night Goat,  Snake Appeal, and Matt-Alec came to mind.  Whatever we do, it won't be what someone else has taken.  I'll try to keep this thread updated as to what we choose.

jgarver

What format is everyone using? And, if the answer is mp3, what's the bit rate?
quod erat demonstrandum.

Andy Wood

Quote from: jgarver on February 15, 2008, 10:58:29 PM
What format is everyone using? And, if the answer is mp3, what's the bit rate?

Everything i've recieved so far has been an mp3 from 192-320kbps. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable.
experimental industrial ambient nothings. give constructive/destructive criticism.

http://www.myspace.com/sewerbaby

Ron Maiden

holy shit youve recieved stuff?

id love to do Sweet Willy, a friend of mine wants to do Night Goat, but im sure thats taken.

i'd like to do a song.

Andy Wood

Quote from: armofinfant on February 16, 2008, 10:14:21 PM
holy shit youve recieved stuff?

id love to do Sweet Willy, a friend of mine wants to do Night Goat, but im sure thats taken.

i'd like to do a song.

Neither of them are taken. Well, they are now thanks to you two.

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=9237.msg155374#msg155374
experimental industrial ambient nothings. give constructive/destructive criticism.

http://www.myspace.com/sewerbaby

jgarver

Holy shit, this is fun. I am having a slight delay due to "jingle bell difficulties." It should be done in the next day or so.
quod erat demonstrandum.

GrimReaper

Komar

does anybody have an idea about the "instant larry" lyrics ? :lol:

w a s s a k a

ill see if i can do set me straight  - OR : the talking horse, honey bucket , and id really like to do matt alec :-k hmm

if its cool

its all up to you

mopafeena

I'm on holidays in a couple of weeks so i'm going to try and get something done then. I still can't decide on a song though, i'm leaning towards Skinhorse but i'm still not sure.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

r40f

could someone please post a list of the songs that have been done already?  and the ones that are taken?