Melvins/Isis split 12"

Started by rimb, February 19, 2010, 05:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

I got an email from scratch records (google it) saying they have some.....

JJ

and another one from Relapse mailorder

pinkyslim

Quote from: lemmyRamone on July 19, 2010, 04:00:42 PM
got mine in the mail from amazon today

Colored?

I ordered through Amazon also my friend.
One would think Amazon distributes only black.

fyi-Another perfect day is my all time favorite Motorhead release hands down =;.  I was luck enough to see them in 1983 w/ Brian Robertson in Reseda, Ca.
BEST SHOW EVER.  =D>

Motorhead-I Got Mine

GrimReaper

Just got mine today from BlueCollar Industries.

About two lbs of clear pink vinyl.
No way this is going to warp.

Came with an Isis and (the)Melvins guitar picks.

gesundheit

Too cool...wish they had some of these on tour.

the bloat

Mine (black) just arrived from Amazon. Sleeve totally mangled due to poor packing and the record was warped and unplayable. Totally bummed. Will not be ordering LPs from Amazon again.

the bloat

Is it possible to "unwarp" vinyl? I've heard someone mention that you just place the record between two things and it will flatten out. Does there need to be heat involved? If so, how much. Probably don't just set it out in the sun all day sandwiched between two heavy books, huh? Seeing as how this thing is sold out everywhere, I don't want to fuck it up.

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: the bloat on July 20, 2010, 08:33:17 PM
Is it possible to "unwarp" vinyl? I've heard someone mention that you just place the record between two things and it will flatten out. Does there need to be heat involved? If so, how much. Probably don't just set it out in the sun all day sandwiched between two heavy books, huh? Seeing as how this thing is sold out everywhere, I don't want to fuck it up.

1. find a flat surface.
2. place 12" piece of cardboard on said surface.
3. center your warped record,in it's paper inner sleeve, on cardboard & place another 12" piece of card board on that.
4. get a nice solid, flat piece of wood, about a 1/2 inch thick, that is at least 14"x14" and center it on top of that.
5. stack a shit load of the biggest books you can find on top of the wood, put the widest/longest books on first.
6. leave it for 4-5 weeks...no peeking.
7. remove all the stuff and enjoy your flat LP.

the bloat

Quote1. find a flat surface.
2. place 12" piece of cardboard on said surface.
3. center your warped record,in it's paper inner sleeve, on cardboard & place another 12" piece of card board on that.
4. get a nice solid, flat piece of wood, about a 1/2 inch thick, that is at least 14"x14" and center it on top of that.
5. stack a shit load of the biggest books you can find on top of the wood, put the widest/longest books on first.
6. leave it for 4-5 weeks...no peeking.
7. remove all the stuff and enjoy your flat LP.

Cool! Thanks. Room temperature?

danimal

I put it up on my website:

http://youdontlookhip.blogspot.com/

When I have time, I'll try to figure out how to post a download link.  If anyone is familiar with divshare, and wants to help, that would be cool.  I'll also work on getting the new Prince album up.  The file I downloaded is giving me trouble.

the bloat

How 'bout making 'em downloadable? I bought the record, but can't listen to the songs.

Rev. Mike

Quote from: danimal on July 21, 2010, 12:19:50 PM

When I have time, I'll try to figure out how to post a download link.  If anyone is familiar with divshare, and wants to help, that would be cool.  I'll also work on getting the new Prince album up.  The file I downloaded is giving me trouble.

Just rar it and upload it to mediafire.

gesundheit

Quote from: danimal on July 21, 2010, 12:19:50 PM

Thanks in the meantime!

SxPxDxCx

I tried to order a copy from some Ebay seller and then got a message from them saying that they couldn't fill my order.
I went into Wax Trax in Denver yesterday and was able to snag the last copy that they had.