26 Songs question

Started by EvilNewWarGod, April 22, 2011, 11:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilNewWarGod

I just got a copy of 10 Songs on cd today and I have a question. Were the versions known as 6 Songs and 8 Songs ever released on cd, or were they released on vinyl only? If they are available on cd I would love to track them down, but somehow I doubt it.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

anaconda

EvilNewWarGod

I thought as much. Thanks anaconda. Now I must track the other 2 on vinyl.

FartLips

10 songs is awesome, dude!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Stonergrunge

mmm I thought that some of the tracks on 26 Songs were the original vinyl versions, at least the tracks from 11 to 16 are clearly taken from a vinyl.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

(PAUL)

26 Songs is every song from that session. 6 Songs was released first, then later 8 Songs came out, which was different recordings of the 6 songs on 6 Songs at the same session, plus 2 other songs. 10 Songs is the same songs from 8 Songs plus two bonus tracks that were recorded at the session. When they were looking into reissuing/remastering the tracks they couldn't find the masters from 6 Songs so they used a vinyl copy that Dale had.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Stonergrunge

So the tracks from 11 to 16 on "26 Songs" are from the original "6 Songs" Ep?

And what happened with the versions from the "8 Songs" album? (I mean the six songs)
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

anaconda

those ended up on the cassette version of GPT, I think.

TheLegitMan93

Tracks 1 - 10: 8 Songs/10 Songs LP/CD
Tracks 11 - 16: 7" EP
Tracks 17 - 19: Outtakes From the First 7"
Tracks 20 - 26: Really old demos

EvilNewWarGod

Quote from: TheLegitMan93 on April 23, 2011, 07:24:27 PM
Really old demos

that would make a great name for a Melvins demo cd, if they ever come across any more of them.

anaconda

they did that! The Mangled Demos! cuz the tapes were all
chewed up, crumbly, and generally mangled!

EvilNewWarGod

Quote from: anaconda on April 23, 2011, 07:43:30 PM
they did that! The Mangled Demos! cuz the tapes were all
chewed up, crumbly, and generally mangled!

boy ain't that the damn truth. they sound like shit, but still absolutely worth having.