Melvins Solo EP Vinyl Represses up for Pre-order

Started by redbankresident, January 06, 2017, 02:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von grip

heyyy pdx, real quick, if any of yal didnt pick up the boner lp reissues from 2015 ie eggnog/lysol ozma/bullhead i saw at least 1 copy of each a few weeks back at the everyday music in beaverton; honestly surprised they were still there
"im ol' south!"

GiveMe45

Chief Ten Beers

Hmm. Will have to think on this one. The completist in me says yes, but I know I won't listen to those a ton. Was hoping it would be a 3-record box set at no more than $40.

First new vinyl purchase of 2017 I got was the brand new reissue of Zappa - Joe's Garage. 3LP double-gatefold, 180 gram, outstanding artwork. A nice deal for the retail price of $37. Gonna stay away from the others(Money, Weasels, Ruben, Lumpy) for now. Those are all single LPs at around $25. Don't need everything on vinyl at that price, when I have all the best versions on CD besides.

POOP GRENADE

I agree with Chief that it's a little steep for all 3.

I'll still pre-order the King Buzzo EP.

von grip

hey chief- did u mention that the packaging was less than desirable through bullmoose for the atlantic lp reissues? im thinking abt using midheaven dot com instead; same place i preordered the boner reissues from 2015 and they package WELL as i experienced; ie no bent corners, jacket splitting, or damage in general
"im ol' south!"

GiveMe45

If I decide to grab them I hope they are available at 2nd Ave Records so I don't have to mail order them. 

von grip

these reissues r totally worth owning- hoping EM in beaverton will stock them
"im ol' south!"

mrcatleg

von grip

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on January 06, 2017, 07:16:13 PM
Hmm. Will have to think on this one. The completist in me says yes, but I know I won't listen to those a ton. Was hoping it would be a 3-record box set at no more than $40.

First new vinyl purchase of 2017 I got was the brand new reissue of Zappa - Joe's Garage. 3LP double-gatefold, 180 gram, outstanding artwork. A nice deal for the retail price of $37. Gonna stay away from the others(Money, Weasels, Ruben, Lumpy) for now. Those are all single LPs at around $25. Don't need everything on vinyl at that price, when I have all the best versions on CD besides.

completest in me says hell yes as well; i prob wont listen to these a ton either but still...
i agree a boxset on these wouldve been the way to go.

also nice pickup on that joes garage reissue sounds like a great package- honestly id expect nothing less from zappa
"im ol' south!"

Chief Ten Beers

The Atlantic reissues I got from Bullmoose were packaged well, but the slightly bent corner/crease on one was probably sent to BM that way. I'm pretty anal with vinyl/pkg condition, but a not 100% perfect corner doesn't bother me. The only issue with those 3 was the quality of the vinyl on Stoner Witch which was widespread. I got the Boner reissues from BM too at release time, and they were perfect.

GlueyPorchTreatments

Jeez, just in time. I was getting super close to pulling the trigger on all three originals but these are a god send.
Tony Iommi is your friend

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

homeless_dad

Quote from: (PAUL) on January 31, 2017, 07:06:10 PM
Sounds like they will come with the posters.
Sweet!!  This time around I won't allow my teenage self to poke a hole in it to hang it up in my room next to my Devo and Led Zeppelin posters.
Is Ian back yet??

jules

Quote from: homeless_dad on January 31, 2017, 09:24:36 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on January 31, 2017, 07:06:10 PM
Sounds like they will come with the posters.
Sweet!!  This time around I won't allow my teenage self to poke a hole in it to hang it up in my room next to my Devo and Led Zeppelin posters.
Posters belong on walls, not hidden away. Your have a very perspicacious teenage self, don't lose him.

Expected release date (UK) is 24 February, pre-orders from the usual shops/outlets, prices averaging £21 each.