Recordings of Lollapalooza set with Gene Simmons?

Started by norecess, June 19, 2009, 12:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

norecess

From Wikipedia:

"Gene Simmons of Kiss played bass with Melvins at Lollapalooza in 1993 and 1994 for a full set."

Is this actually true? And if so, are there any recordings of this?

Like Stee

Quote from: norecess on June 19, 2009, 12:32:38 PM
From Wikipedia:

"Gene Simmons of Kiss played bass with Melvins at Lollapalooza in 1993 and 1994 for a full set."

Is this actually true? And if so, are there any recordings of this?
I remember reading that he just joined them for Going Blind and also did the vocals.  I'd be really surprised if he played a whole set.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

norecess

Let me post the whole thing then :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Melvins#The_Atlantic_years
Gene Simmons of Kiss played bass with Melvins at Lollapalooza in 1993 and 1994 for a full set. He also played bass with Melvins in 1993 in a concert with Primus, on the song Goin' Blind, a Kiss song that Melvins had covered on Houdini.[1]

[1] http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Melvins_Bassist_Morgue

Quote from: Like Stee on June 19, 2009, 12:38:53 PM
I'd be really surprised if he played a whole set.

There's a lot of things throughout their career that surprise/fascinate me, part of the appeal I guess.


FantomasSF

I don't know if Gene would have those kind of chops to hang with the boys, but if it is out there it I would love to own that recording.
"He had to switch to gin cuz Jagermeister gave him the shakes"

FartLips

I'd say that gene does have the chops. the bass lines in kiss weren't always easy schmeasy. and he's played continuously for about 35 years?
Judy is mad.🤣

>>>JZS<<<


Kolonel Kurtz Kobain

Quote from: norecess on June 19, 2009, 12:32:38 PM
From Wikipedia:

"Gene Simmons of Kiss played bass with Melvins at Lollapalooza in 1993 and 1994 for a full set."

Is this actually true? And if so, are there any recordings of this?

100% fabrication...never at Lollapalooza......they weren't on it those years....it was '96


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPYObisyKWs
I'd rather be at Dodger Stadium...

Idlehanz

Shit, I should have remembered that.  I went to 93 and 94.  No Melvins.  Wasn't 96 the same year Metallica played?  I remember not being able to go because I was sicker than shit.

Kolonel Kurtz Kobain

Quote from: Idlehanz on June 20, 2009, 01:30:17 AM
Shit, I should have remembered that.  I went to 93 and 94.  No Melvins.  Wasn't 96 the same year Metallica played?  I remember not being able to go because I was sicker than shit.

Yes, Metallica................the only time I ever saw them was a few times in catering and the bass player came to many Melvins sets......the Cows, Ramones, Soundgraden, Screaming Trees (with Lanegan kicking H) were on that tour also.
I'd rather be at Dodger Stadium...

norecess

Quote from: Rand E. Hawkins on June 20, 2009, 01:03:16 AM
100% fabrication...never at Lollapalooza......they weren't on it those years....it was '96

Aha, thanks!