Syracuse 7-27-13

Started by Chief Ten Beers, July 28, 2013, 12:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chief Ten Beers

 Just got home from my 13th Melvins show. That one was definitely in the top 3 for me. Great venue & crowd. No real problems being in front. A few douchebags started a small pit during Night Goat, just a minor annoyance. Highlights were Your Blessened & Hung/Bird. I felt like I was hypnotized or in a trance during those Lysol tracks. Shit, every song was great. Lizzy was funny with more lyric mutations.
Pinkus really killed it with them. And how awesome is Coady's suit? Looks like Devo "New Traditionalists" era! Honky was alright. Didn't make me want to buy the CD or anything, but they were decent.
They're stocked back up on Freak Puke LPs. Bought that(Skinner art!), the Bash 13 CD, and the bunny shirt. Walsby was cool as usual behind the table. Oh I grabbed the tour ad poster off the front door on the way out. I was gonna ask security, but they were busy so I just grabbed it and went on my way. I loved that there was just one opening band, a 20 min break then the Melvins deliver the set without wasting your time running late or anything. No rockstar BS. Show over at 10:30. Perfect when you got a 2 hr drive home.

Grayfro

He's been wearing the Moonie suit:


Chief Ten Beers

Awesome, yeah that's it! I saw he had a cool Jimi Hendrix Experience photo patch on the left shoulder too.
I also noticed Scott(Big Biz) is roadie this tour.

Zorn

Scott is in the staff for a few years now I think.

Hot Pants

yeah, he's got some good pics of that suit up on his instagram page. its great.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

laughingwlucifer65

Amazing show...second melvins concert ever ...i was one of the 'douchebags' who was in the little ass mosh pit....but i couldnt help it it was my first pit!!


At the end i was blessed to find Dale chilling outside of the venue signing shit and etc so i bailed on my friends and went right over there....
I saw him and said 'hey Dale'....he looked at me.... i put out my hand ....looked him straight in the eye and said...'I Love You'.....he shook my hand and said 'thank you'


anyways I got most of the show up till lizzy on my camcorder ill upload it to youtube whenever i have the chance

Anyways heres the setlist not to different from the setlist of this tour except for at the stake instead of hag me..

Hag Me [my bad]
The War on Wisdom
We Are Doomed
Sweet Willy Rollbar
A Growing Disgust
Let It All Be
Your Blessened
Night Goat
Lizzy
Billy Fish
The Water Glass
Evil New War God
Hung Bunny
Roman Dog Bird
Graveyard
+ a little drum solo/closer at the end where dale and coady stand up on the set


laughingwlucifer65

yup....thats my bad i just realized it too when i started to play at the stake in my head in the shower and i was like shit...that isnt hag me lol

laughingwlucifer65

some pics from video

[attachment deleted by admin]