[request] Kevins last show with The Melvins

Started by Uncle Fester, July 19, 2015, 02:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rusty Shackleford

Anybody have recordings of the 2004 tour? 

JUDY

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on July 23, 2015, 01:39:49 PM
Anybody have recordings of the 2004 tour?

Going through the commanders big booklet and only see one from '04

03/07/04 Seattle, WA 20th Anniversary Tour at The Showbox


http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=March_07,_2004

Bro Hammer

I would like to see more video of that tour. That was my first time seeing them after I moved to Minneapolis. That was the first time I had ever seen Kevin. I remember he had his head shaved weird and a bloody bandage around his shin. It was very surreal.

Bro Hammer

Quote from: JUDY on July 22, 2015, 03:46:42 PM
Holy, karp. Found a still shot with a date which lead me to the search. The sound is really bad - I have my headphones on and it's really only working in my right ear and it's super choppy. Too bad. This is pure raw. Despite the sound it's still one of the coolest live Melvins videos I have ever seen. Buzzo definitely took his vitamins that day.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeOoc8s8Tw

Goddammit JUDY. Now I'm starting to feel a bit of an obsession coming on.
The whole thing is great except the part where it ends. It really captures those few shows that you happen to catch where the band is just hot. Any band. I can't say I've even seen the King get that crazy, although in those days I was always kinda wasted and rocking out in the "pit". "Moshing" they called it (it's an Anthrax thing). I know, I know. So there could have very well been a show like that but I was to busy getting my young adult angst out. I don't know though. If I saw Buzz doing that today I would probably go primal. :lol:
I like Kevins little addition to the intro too on It's Shoved. 8)

GiveMe45

My favorite Kevin experience (besides Bash this year) was the '99 tour when they played my little bar in Spokane.  Sat and bullshitted with him for a good long time.  Of course me being a dumb young metal head I asked him about recording with Kevin Sharp and he told me he was a giant sweetheart which I also experienced when Brutal Truth stayed at my place many years later.

So happy I got to see him play with Melvins quite a few times and seeing Cowz and Hep at Bash was beyond awesome.  The best was probably when I saw Melvins and Cows back to back at Lollapalloza '96.

Bro Hammer

Quote from: GiveMe45 on July 23, 2015, 10:29:51 PM
My favorite Kevin experience (besides Bash this year) was the '99 tour when they played my little bar in Spokane.  Sat and bullshitted with him for a good long time.  Of course me being a dumb young metal head I asked him about recording with Kevin Sharp and he told me he was a giant sweetheart which I also experienced when Brutal Truth stayed at my place many years later.

So happy I got to see him play with Melvins quite a few times and seeing Cowz and Hep at Bash was beyond awesome.  The best was probably when I saw Melvins and Cows back to back at Lollapalloza '96.

Yeah I missed out on the Cows in my yoot. Kevin first intro to me was with the Melvins. You got me thinking now...maybe my first Melvins show in MPLS was '99. Hmmmmmm.
Also, I can totally see Kevin Sharp being a big teddy bear.

JUDY

Quote from: Bro Hammer on July 23, 2015, 10:10:07 PM
Quote from: JUDY on July 22, 2015, 03:46:42 PM
Holy, karp. Found a still shot with a date which lead me to the search. The sound is really bad - I have my headphones on and it's really only working in my right ear and it's super choppy. Too bad. This is pure raw. Despite the sound it's still one of the coolest live Melvins videos I have ever seen. Buzzo definitely took his vitamins that day.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeOoc8s8Tw

Goddammit JUDY. Now I'm starting to feel a bit of an obsession coming on.
The whole thing is great except the part where it ends. It really captures those few shows that you happen to catch where the band is just hot. Any band. I can't say I've even seen the King get that crazy, although in those days I was always kinda wasted and rocking out in the "pit". "Moshing" they called it (it's an Anthrax thing). I know, I know. So there could have very well been a show like that but I was to busy getting my young adult angst out. I don't know though. If I saw Buzz doing that today I would probably go primal. :lol:
I like Kevins little addition to the intro too on It's Shoved. 8)

:lol:

It has had the same affect on me. I'm completely and utterly transfixed and have watched it at least 5 times since yesterday. I'm also kinda bored though. Leaves me time to draw, play Legend of Zelda and dig into melvinsy things.

dead mike

Quote from: Uncle Fester on July 22, 2015, 09:49:01 PM
somebody from the bbs made that video. cant remember that dudes namne
That would be Mr. Luck. He often posts in the g33k thread. Maybe ask him to reload it on youtube? I know that clip had sound that wasn't too terrible, and yes it was indeed ferocious.

JUDY

Quote from: dead mike on July 27, 2015, 04:03:41 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on July 22, 2015, 09:49:01 PM
somebody from the bbs made that video. cant remember that dudes namne
That would be Mr. Luck. He often posts in the g33k thread. Maybe ask him to reload it on youtube? I know that clip had sound that wasn't too terrible, and yes it was indeed ferocious.

Well, Mr Luck did a fine, fine job. What a Lucky guy to have seen that in person!! That would be really great if he wanted to try for a re-up but it's not really necessary. I wonder what the heck he recorded it on? One of those little mini-tapes or a VHS? Hmmm...