13 Questions for King Buzzo on the deciblog

Started by bathroom creep, July 04, 2008, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bathroom creep

I just found what looks like a recent interview with Buzzo on the deciblog.

http://www.thedeciblog.com/index.php/2008/07/04/13-questions-for-king-buzzo/


13 Questions for King Buzzo

Melvins mainman Buzz Osbourne recently gave Decibel carte blanche to ask him any question on our minds
(no matter how ridiculously stupid), so we polled posters on the Decibel message board and added a few of our own interview topics. In honor of Independence Day, the true American hero shares his responses:


What were your favorite albums in high school?

In 1978, I was in 8th grade and I was already into the Sex Pistols, The Ramones and a bunch of other English punk bands. I got into these bands through Creem Magazine. Before that I was into The Who (still a big fan), Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, The Doors, David Bowie, Kiss, Black Sabbath etc
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

norecess

Great interview! And again with The Who reference! First time he explains how he got into which bands to my memory. I can't wait for that Big Band dvd, mainly for the commentary. I'm also hoping for a live collaboration with Lustmord at ATP! Ozma as one of his least favorite records? Do you guys think that's for sound/recording reasons? That Jackass guy must've been Danger Aaron.

bathroom creep

I can understand how annoying all the stupid hair questions must be. It still seems to be one of the Melvins
biggest sensations for many interviewers.


Quote from: norecess on July 04, 2008, 06:09:53 PM
Ozma as one of his least favorite records? Do you guys think that's for sound/recording reasons?

I don't know but that would be the only proper reason for me...

And why Danger Aaron?
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

Mad Arab

All the more reason for them to remaster it and put together a cool package. I wonder if he is aware how much his fans love Ozma?

Idlehanz

Quote from: bathroom creep on July 04, 2008, 06:19:05 PM
I can understand how annoying all the stupid hair questions must be. It still seems to be one of the Melvins
biggest sensations for many interviewers.


Quote from: norecess on July 04, 2008, 06:09:53 PM
Ozma as one of his least favorite records? Do you guys think that's for sound/recording reasons?

I don't know but that would be the only proper reason for me...

And why Danger Aaron?
He's a Melvins fan.  I've seen him wearing the 20th anniversary shirt a few times and saw him at the Wonder Ballroom last year at the show in Portland.

GrimReaper


Great interview.

He probably is tired of Houdini because of playing the material, in it's entirety, so often.

The Crybaby was probably very exciting to record but maybe he isn't happy with the results? I like it.

Ozma?

ManWithNoName


stonerwitch

"Nerdy know-it-all chickless creeps"


roflmao
You sink a my swan

Chris P. Bacon

Houdini wow that is a great album.But this is a great find thanks for posting.
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents-BOB ROSS

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

rhett E rock

Ozma!?  that's like the white album of "grunge" right there! 

anaconda

He's said it elsewhere that playing Ozma was like doing math problems,
with all the changes and stop/starts he had to remember (loosely quoted)

black stallion

Quote from: anaconda on July 09, 2008, 09:35:40 PM
He's said it elsewhere that playing Ozma was like doing math problems,
with all the changes and stop/starts he had to remember (loosely quoted)

believe Buzz's problem with that album has always been about the recording quality(or because Mark D was the producer? :)).
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Mad Arab

All the more reason to remaster it. It may help with whatever Buzz's problem with it is.

anaconda

Deutrom is holding the 1/4 masters hostage

Mad Arab