The definitive version of Lovely Butterfly

Started by (the) Razor, July 17, 2009, 09:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

glen

Quote from: dead mike on July 18, 2009, 12:01:08 PM
Pretty cool. But for reasons that I'm sure are purely practical, a live version of that song just can't touch the texture and dissonance of the album version.

disagree.   the song is at dale's mercy live.  thats not a bad place to be.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

ConJuan

I went outiside for a smoke when they played that song and it's my biggest regret to date.  I would've thrown the cigarette right on the ground and run inside but I was getting to know my friends new girlfriend and couldn't escape the small talk.  Why couldn't she talk during "The Bit" or some song which doesn't give me the musical horn.
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

Uncle Fester

Quote from: conj on July 21, 2009, 01:48:19 PM
I went outiside for a smoke when they played that song and it's my biggest regret to date.  I would've thrown the cigarette right on the ground and run inside but I was getting to know my friends new girlfriend and couldn't escape the small talk.  Why couldn't she talk during "The Bit" or some song which doesn't give me the musical horn.

:lol: that blows.
and a word of advice... get your smoking done when the opening band(s) are playing.
never go out for a smoke when the melvins are on stage! thats just.... insidious!

ConJuan

Quote from: Uncle Fester on July 28, 2009, 11:05:40 AM

:lol: that blows.
and a word of advice... get your smoking done when the opening band(s) are playing.
never go out for a smoke when the melvins are on stage! thats just.... insidious!
Well before the smoking ban I could happily smoke and watch a band.  Just goes to show how addictive they are that they come between me and the melvins.  I did bump into Dale though once during a smoke break which was a nice bonus.  I probably intimidated him though.  He looked confused.
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

Senior Chiffon

Could someone point me in the right direction for the full gig please, that is if its been upped. thx.
Goes whenever they are here