Outtakes From First 7"?

Started by cara, September 16, 2010, 04:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cara

So I managed to find a copy of the Melvins outtakes from their first 7" at a used record store today but I can't find any information about the value etc. online other than the info on this site! Does anyone know any more about this? As far as I know there were only 1000 pressed.

bUTTHOLEmAN

That one is strange.  I've heard there was an initial bootleg pressing on flimsy paper, and a second pressing on 'stiffer' paper much later.  The quality of the songs themselves aren't the greatest.  On the copy that have, what do the run out grooves say?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

cara

something thats scratched out on both sides, and an "A" and "B". It's definitely the flimsy paper one, too. I'm confused if this is a really good find or if I overpayed @ $20 for it. I know nothing about this one.

nightwolf

Quote from: cara on September 16, 2010, 04:35:06 PM
I can't find any information about the value etc.

you'll have a good life

jules

Quote from: cara on September 16, 2010, 05:09:23 PM
something thats scratched out on both sides, and an "A" and "B". It's definitely the flimsy paper one, too. I'm confused if this is a really good find or if I overpayed @ $20 for it. I know nothing about this one.
You haven't overpaid - they average around $25 on ebay. What has been scratched out on the matrix is "CSJ 1008" , the catalogue number of the single. Don't know why it's been crossed out, though.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: jules on September 16, 2010, 05:20:39 PM
Quote from: cara on September 16, 2010, 05:09:23 PM
something thats scratched out on both sides, and an "A" and "B". It's definitely the flimsy paper one, too. I'm confused if this is a really good find or if I overpayed @ $20 for it. I know nothing about this one.
You haven't overpaid - they average around $25 on ebay. What has ben scratched out on the matrix is "CSJ 1008" , the catalogue number of the single. Don't know why it's been crossed out, though.
I'll take some pictures of ones that were crossed out..It's the weirdest thing.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

anaconda

don't they scratch it out when its deleted? like punching a hole in the sleeve of discontinued vinyl??

jules

Quote from: anaconda on September 16, 2010, 09:15:15 PM
don't they scratch it out when its deleted? like punching a hole in the sleeve of discontinued vinyl??
I had a look at Wiki but couldn't find a reason why a Matrix would be scratched out and not replaced with a different Matrix, EXCEPT when a record is bootlegged. Is it possible this record was bootlegged after the original 1000 had been pressed, the bootlegged copies having the Matrices scratched out?

buddy holiday

first press has a small center hole, repress has large. don't now about the matrix....
http://www.discogs.com/Melvins-Outtakes-From-1st-7-1986/master/197426