Fuck this town...

Started by VaticanShotglass, July 08, 2008, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaticanShotglass

Quote from: Bloody Hammer on July 09, 2008, 12:09:36 AM
Yes, I graduated from Western in December of 2006.  I would definitely recommend going downtown and walking around the Kalamazoo Mall and checking out everything around there; Olde Peninsula,  definitely go to Bell's Brewery, great beer and great food.  There's a lot of history in Kalamazoo, it's a cool town. I would just recommend driving around and checking all the different areas out.  And I almost forgot, go to East Campus and if you get a chance, go to South Haven; it's west of Kalamazoo on Lake Michigan. They have beaches and a nice little historic town, very cool.  Also, some good bands come to Grand Rapids, I saw the melvins at the Intersection in 2006. Good luck to you.

Thanks for the heads up, I've only been here a week.  I had some Belle's when I visited and made the choice to move.  Really great!  Apparently Heritage guitars is a cool thing to check out as they are comprised of the folks who stayed here after Gibson moved to Nashville.  Until the recently shipped production to asia ProCo used to be here.  Not exactly exciting but neat.  Once my semester starts I won't have time to do cool stuff so it won't matter in a couple of weeks.  Between grad school, teaching, research, and getting on my knees to make it to get published or make it to conferences I'll probably spend my free time playing with my cats and sleeping.

And yes you can buy cool shit online.  My recent situation made try a different route for this one.  Plus when I get on amazon I can never just buy one cd or book.  First I try to shoot for super saver shipping and by then I'm hooked.  Plus there's something fun about digging through used john mellencamp albums to find a missing piece of your collection. 

spunkmonkey

Just remember...."This is oooouuuuurrrrrr country"