July 26, 2008 Seattle, WA - Showbox at the Market

Started by grays harbor mafia, July 27, 2008, 02:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

grays harbor mafia

DID I MEET YA GRIM?????? IM ROGER, WAS THE ROGER YOU MET WEARING A MELVINS ARMY SHIRT?   IF SO THAT WAS ME... 
"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

GrimReaper

Were you right in front of the stage and did I use you as a human shield during the show?

I am appalled people booed during the Star Spangled Banner. I didn't hear it.

The harmony keeps getting better and better.

grays harbor mafia

YEAH..LOL    THAT WOULD BE ME!!
"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

Idlehanz

I'm not home yet.  Just checking in from a buddies place on the lake.


GrimReaper

Another identity revealled.

Quote from: Idlehanz on July 27, 2008, 03:27:38 PM
I'm not home yet.  Just checking in from a buddies place on the lake.



My son's cover of Queen with New Zealand vocals from Anchovy is in your in box.

Smellis

I agree with everything that Like Stee said about the show. Toshi kicks ass in my book and fits well with the Biz. He's also a good engine ear for the Melvins and an all around nice guy. It was cool to see Billy there, wished he would have been able to rock a Porn set but you can't have it all. Walsby is working his ass off at the merch table, I hope he is not in the loony bin at the end of the tour he seems to already be freaking a bit. It was cool to see so many peeps from the bbs. I really liked the set list this tour and I have never seen the band so tight, the timing was incredible. Buzz is like a machine I was absolutely blown away. The rest of you waiting for Melvins in your town are in for a real treat    8)
"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

rhett E rock

that was one of the best shows i've seen them play...i must've looked like an asshole i was grinning from ear to ear the whole time.  wish i would've gotten more merch, but i still need money to get drunk at the funhouse tonight.

grays harbor mafia

toshi    wasnt bad by any means, i just think it will take some getting used to it.  Im sure it will grow on me,  just not used to seeing someone else on stage, unless its dale coming up to shred!!!!  and now that toshi is playing with em, thats probably not going to happen anymore :(
"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

Smellis

Forgot to mention that when they broke into Honey Bucket the amp stacks started rocking. I have never seen them do that, they were swaying back and forth like a damn earthquake! I mean they were really bouncing around holy shit that was cool as hell. Like a damn Melvins earthquake I tells 'ya. 
"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

glen

you just knew honey bucket was going to set any venue off.

I got to get out west too add to the family affair one of these years.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: GrimReaper on July 27, 2008, 03:24:30 PM
Were you right in front of the stage and did I use you as a human shield during the show?

I am appalled people booed during the Star Spangled Banner. I didn't hear it.


What?!?!  :shock:
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Like Stee

Quote from: grays harbor mafia on July 27, 2008, 03:53:19 PM
toshi    wasnt bad by any means, i just think it will take some getting used to it.  Im sure it will grow on me,  just not used to seeing someone else on stage, unless its dale coming up to shred!!!!  and now that toshi is playing with em, thats probably not going to happen anymore :(
Last year when Toshi played with 'em Dale still came out and rocked the last song or two in addition to Toshi.  2 guitars.

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 27, 2008, 06:00:45 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on July 27, 2008, 03:24:30 PM
I am appalled people booed during the Star Spangled Banner. I didn't hear it.
What?!?!  :shock:

Yep.  I had moved towards the back by then, and distinctly heard a small handful of chumps somewhere just out of sight but within earshot booing a bit.  The drumming at the end of the Star Spangled Banner kicked some serious ass.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Idlehanz

Quote from: GrimReaper on July 27, 2008, 03:28:16 PM
Another identity revealled.

Quote from: Idlehanz on July 27, 2008, 03:27:38 PM
I'm not home yet.  Just checking in from a buddies place on the lake.



My son's cover of Queen with New Zealand vocals from Anchovy is in your in box.
I didn't get it.  I just got home, and it isn't there


EDIT

Nevermind, found it.

Idlehanz

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 27, 2008, 06:00:45 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on July 27, 2008, 03:24:30 PM
Were you right in front of the stage and did I use you as a human shield during the show?

I am appalled people booed during the Star Spangled Banner. I didn't hear it.


What?!?!  :shock:
At the Pdx show two 'punk' kids flipped off the band the whole time they sang the SSB.  Ya know, cuz they're punk.

miverson

Last night's show was amazing!  Great mix of old and new, though if I'm not mistaken I've yet to hear the new line-up do anything from the Kevin era.  Am I wrong?

Also, Dale - it's been noticed on this board that he's gotten a bit on the large side, and after last night's show he was leaning on his cymbals and kinda weaving back and forth as if he was going to pass out from exhaustion.  Hope the guy is ok.

It was so great to hear Eye Flies again!  And are the Melvins starting a new tradition of taking a classic-rock song and fucking it up.  Last tour was I Want to Hold Your Hand, this one is My Generation - what's next?

Mark