Melvins politics...

Started by pinkyslim, August 17, 2008, 08:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pinkyslim

Quote from: anaconda on August 18, 2008, 07:48:11 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on August 17, 2008, 08:01:08 PM
I figure they are pretty liberal BUT this board is WAYY politically correct!
Not that I want personal attacks on each other but there is a middle ground.  [-X

I don't think it's that overly politically correct here, I just think since
you're one of the very few female Melvins fans at the board, that maybe
some of these dudes don't know how to react to you.

whatever.  it just seems kinda frat "pile diving" when one Melvin nerd is harrassed.
I enjoy calling out losers kinda Andrew Dice'ish like but all these fairies come to aide. And before you know it, my posts are gone :-k
Reminds me of Revenge of the nerds...Don't get me wrong , there are plenlty decent
and sincere dudes on this board but for the most part I see bird brains.


dead mike

Quote from: pinkyslim on August 18, 2008, 08:05:17 PM
Quote from: anaconda on August 18, 2008, 07:48:11 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on August 17, 2008, 08:01:08 PM
I figure they are pretty liberal BUT this board is WAYY politically correct!
Not that I want personal attacks on each other but there is a middle ground.  [-X

I don't think it's that overly politically correct here, I just think since
you're one of the very few female Melvins fans at the board, that maybe
some of these dudes don't know how to react to you.

whatever.  it just seems kinda frat "pile diving" when one Melvin nerd is harrassed.
I enjoy calling out losers kinda Andrew Dice'ish like but all these fairies come to aide. And before you know it, my posts are gone :-k
Reminds me of Revenge of the nerds...Don't get me wrong , there are plenlty decent
and sincere dudes on this board but for the most part I see bird brains.


i've experienced some of this sort of thing before, but i don't think anyone ever held any grudges that carried over into other threads, unlike some boards i could mention.

as far as politics, one of the nice things about this board is that no one here seems to be fixated on political proselytizing or scoring points for their team. politics occasionally are debated, but i've never seen it turn personal.

i think buzz's philosophy (the correct one, i think) that people shouldn't get their political views from rock stars has sort of bled over into this place. which is why i find his collaborations with jello so puzzling; doubly so, given that buzz totally trashed him in an interview a few years before. buzz does what he wilt, i suppose.

anaconda

for the record pinky, i didn't remove any of your posts. nor would I.

Idlehanz

Quote from: pinkyslim on August 18, 2008, 08:05:17 PM
Quote from: anaconda on August 18, 2008, 07:48:11 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on August 17, 2008, 08:01:08 PM
I figure they are pretty liberal BUT this board is WAYY politically correct!
Not that I want personal attacks on each other but there is a middle ground.  [-X

I don't think it's that overly politically correct here, I just think since
you're one of the very few female Melvins fans at the board, that maybe
some of these dudes don't know how to react to you.

whatever.  it just seems kinda frat "pile diving" when one Melvin nerd is harrassed.
I enjoy calling out losers kinda Andrew Dice'ish like but all these fairies come to aide. And before you know it, my posts are gone :-k
Reminds me of Revenge of the nerds...Don't get me wrong , there are plenlty decent
and sincere dudes on this board but for the most part I see bird brains.


I believe that if you were to meet anybody from this board in a bar, political correctness wouldn't figure in.  At least for 99% of us.  The pc-ness comes from people viewing this board at work, around family, blah blah.  I don't think an all out porno pic or some sort of gruesome pic is necesary around here, but a buttcrack or nip here or there isn't offensive to me.  I guess it's all in the viewers mind.   And that other 1%, I don't know what their problem is.

And yea, there's a few 'bird brains' around here. 

For the record, I had no idea Pinky was a girl.  Not that that matters, but I was unaware.......

suck poppet

I'm glad to type at people with whom I know I have at least one thing in common, loving the melvins music. As far as anyone's political views (including buzz) you can shove them up your ugly ass.
What's that? Not me. Fuck that, I'm a cat.

pinkyslim

Quote from: suck poppet on August 18, 2008, 08:45:07 PM
I'm glad to type at people with whom I know I have at least one thing in common, loving the melvins music. As far as anyone's political views (including buzz) you can shove them up your ugly ass.

B I N G O !!

I smell Suck puppet as macho fool #1.
[-o<


ManWithNoName

Quote from: pinkyslim on August 18, 2008, 08:05:17 PM

Don't get me wrong , there are plenlty decent
and sincere dudes on this board but for the most part I see bird brains.




ManWithNoName

Quote from: dead mike on August 18, 2008, 08:16:12 PM
which is why i find his collaborations with jello so puzzling; doubly so, given that buzz totally trashed him in an interview a few years before. buzz does what he wilt, i suppose.
What's so puzzling? Buzz has repeatedly said that Jello doesn't get enough credit for his fight against the pmrc. Maybe creating the jelvins was his way of saying thanks. I can't remember the specific interview, but Buzzo once said that it would be stupid to invite someone over to collaborate with you and tell them what to do. Why would that change with Jello? So he doesn't share the same political beliefs as Jello? Who cares? What's that saying? "I may not agree with you but I'll defend your right to say it."

I wonder if jello or buzz have ever discussed politics. Seeing as they're both outspoken they must have talked at least a little. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall for that one.

suck poppet

Quote from: pinkyslim on August 18, 2008, 09:06:23 PM
Quote from: suck poppet on August 18, 2008, 08:45:07 PM
I'm glad to type at people with whom I know I have at least one thing in common, loving the melvins music. As far as anyone's political views (including buzz) you can shove them up your ugly ass.

B I N G O !!

I smell Suck puppet as macho fool #1.
[-o<
I don't understand you, or you don't understand me.
What's that? Not me. Fuck that, I'm a cat.

Idlehanz

Quote from: ManWithNoName on August 18, 2008, 09:40:05 PM
Quote from: dead mike on August 18, 2008, 08:16:12 PM
which is why i find his collaborations with jello so puzzling; doubly so, given that buzz totally trashed him in an interview a few years before. buzz does what he wilt, i suppose.
What's so puzzling? Buzz has repeatedly said that Jello doesn't get enough credit for his fight against the pmrc. Maybe creating the jelvins was his way of saying thanks. I can't remember the specific interview, but Buzzo once said that it would be stupid to invite someone over to collaborate with you and tell them what to do. Why would that change with Jello? So he doesn't share the same political beliefs as Jello? Who cares? What's that saying? "I may not agree with you but I'll defend your right to say it."

I wonder if jello or buzz have ever discussed politics. Seeing as they're both outspoken they must have talked at least a little. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall for that one.
Me too.  I'm not much for politics, but I'm opinionated.  I choose to mostly keep my beliefs to myself around here because I believe opinions are everyones right and it doesnt make someone a douche if their opinion differs from mine. 

I don't see Buzz as being on one side or th other.  He's on his own side, believes in what he thinks is right, and tells you so.  I find it admirable even if I don't agree with everything he says.  I think too many 'wish I had a big-dick douchebags inhabit the planet.   That's the reason people see someone with a different opinion as the enemy.  Brain is too full of bullshit and not enough common sense.

pinkyslim

Quote from: suck poppet on August 18, 2008, 09:46:30 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on August 18, 2008, 09:06:23 PM
Quote from: suck poppet on August 18, 2008, 08:45:07 PM
I'm glad to type at people with whom I know I have at least one thing in common, loving the melvins music. As far as anyone's political views (including buzz) you can shove them up your ugly ass.

B I N G O !!

I smell Suck puppet as macho fool #1.
[-o<
I don't understand you, or you don't understand me.

My fault.. misread your in butt reply.
Carry on.... :cheers:

suck poppet

when I write about "you" shoving "your" political opinions up "your" ugly ass I mean everyone . opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they're mostly full of shit
What's that? Not me. Fuck that, I'm a cat.

Idlehanz

If my asshole was full of shit, I'd be an itchy bastard.



Perhaps I've had one to many whiskeys tonight?

FartLips

Quote from: Idlehanz on August 18, 2008, 10:50:07 PM
Perhaps I've had one to many whiskeys tonight?
you think? :lol:




Quote from: Idlehanz on August 18, 2008, 10:50:07 PM

I don't see Buzz as being on one side or th other.  He's on his own side, believes in what he thinks is right, and tells you so.  I find it admirable even if I don't agree with everything he says.  I think too many 'wish I had a big-dick douchebags inhabit the planet.   That's the reason people see someone with a different opinion as the enemy.  Brain is too full of bullshit and not enough common sense.
Judy is mad.🤣

Justafilthylurker

Quote

I wonder if jello or buzz have ever discussed politics. Seeing as they're both outspoken they must have talked at least a little. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall for that one.

It's almost like they're well adjusted adults who can handle people having different opinions. Creepy.

Anyway, the Melvin's philosophy is "liberals are hypocrites, so anything I do is O.K."